C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Dear GM/Chevrolet,

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2014, 11:20 PM
RPX
Instructor

Received 186 Likes on 75 Posts

Op got beat up pretty badly yesterday when he said all his photos came from the same car. Found these shots tonight and they seem to validate his claim that a reflection caused the red to look yellow.

http://www.mileschevy.com/new/Chevro...bdbc3584c7.htm

Last edited by RPX; 12-18-2014 at 11:35 PM. Reason: added link to photos
Old 12-18-2014, 11:52 PM
jr3
Safety Car

Received 60 Likes on 39 Posts

Don't like it... Don't buy it.

Problem solved.

Old 12-18-2014, 11:57 PM
B17Crew
Pro

Received 72 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by RPX
Op got beat up pretty badly yesterday when he said all his photos came from the same car. Found these shots tonight and they seem to validate his claim that a reflection caused the red to look yellow.

http://www.mileschevy.com/new/Chevro...bdbc3584c7.htm

Pretty pathetic when you have a number of people cast stones at the OP saying the individual is a fraud, cherry picking photos, trolling, etc., when THEY have failed to practice due diligence.

Never ceases to amaze me how much courage people gain when sitting behind a keyboard.

B17Crew
Old 12-19-2014, 03:01 AM
sunsalem
Race Director

Received 2,146 Likes on 1,521 Posts

Originally Posted by jimmyb

PS. And just to show that bad paint is available even in the high end, here's a paint correction done on a LaFerrari....brand new car with OP and holograms....Todd spent 42 hours cleaning the paint up on this $1,000,000 car.
I'm seeing swirls and scratches at the beginning of the video, not OP.
Some idiot did this prior to the Esoteric work.
Old 12-19-2014, 03:39 AM
Boba Fett
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 485 Likes on 347 Posts

Originally Posted by NineBall
Cadillac and Chevrolet are both GM, both flagships, but vastly different paint quality. Even my Dodge Ram pickup truck has less orange peel, than most Corvettes. My C6Z had orange peel, also.
it amazes me how much better the paint is on my Ram than my ZR1-unbelievable...
Originally Posted by 09Z06pj
There's no way a Corvette should make it out of the plant in that condition, even if it's just one. No way. Sorry.
Old 12-19-2014, 06:50 AM
JoesC5
Team Owner

Received 1,700 Likes on 1,214 Posts

Originally Posted by Boba Fett
it amazes me how much better the paint is on my Ram than my ZR1-unbelievable...

If they corrected every one at the plant before it was shipped, it would cost GM a ton of money. When they ship the cars with the defects they are counting on many people accepting it as is, thus they don't have any additional money invested in the car.

Just look at the number of people on this forum that are willing to accept the flaws saying ......"but it's a supercar for the price of a truck".
Old 12-19-2014, 08:09 AM
hyteck9
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Well... Here we are. Page 10 of this thread. Let's take a moment to review the correspondence thus far.

60% of the posts are debating if my intentions are disingenuous due to a made up conspiracy theory over a cellphone camera flash. Let me say that again, 60% of the replies are debating something entirely fictitious that you, the readers of this thread, imagined all on your own.

30% of the posts feel the defects are either acceptable or at the very least, not noteworthy and I should just go find a different car if I personally don't care for it.

10% of you agree this vehicle looks just awful, and never should have been presented to the customer that way.

awesome.
This is a corvette forum, and only 10% of you want to see the corvette quality control improved? I will probably get banned for saying this but that is pathetic. Brand loyalty should not be about blindly loving any cr@p that ships out wearing the badges. It should be about volunteering to be an active part of the process and helping the brand be the best it can be. To the 60% of you that make it IMPOSSIBLE to have a real, productive and intelligent conversation that stays on topic in this forum, let me just say... thanks internet. You're the best.

Last edited by hyteck9; 12-19-2014 at 08:26 AM.
Old 12-19-2014, 08:30 AM
OJCrush08
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by hyteck9
Well... Here we are. Page 10 of this thread. Let's take a moment to review the correspondence thus far.

60% of the posts are debating if my intentions are disingenuous due to a made up conspiracy theory over a cellphone camera flash. Let me say that again, 60% of the replies are debating something entirely fictitious that you, the readers of this thread, imagined all on your own.

30% of the posts feel the defects are either acceptable or at the very least, not noteworthy and I should just go find a different car if I personally don't care for it.

10% of you agree this vehicle looks just awful, and never should have been presented to the customer that way.

awesome.
This is a corvette forum, and only 10% of you want to see the corvette quality control improved? I will probably get banned for saying this but that is pathetic. Brand loyalty should not be about blindly loving any cr@p that ships out wearing the badges. It should be about volunteering to be an active part of the process and helping the brand be the best it can be. To the 60% of you that make it IMPOSSIBLE to have a real, productive and intelligent conversation on this forum, let me just say... thanks internet. You're the best.
Well, nothing to be surprised about. No different than showing up at a Republican Convention with a "We Want Hilliary" sign and expecting the attendees to admire you for it. All of these Car Forums to some extent have their share of fanbois, shills, trolls, etc. It does seem that that this forum has this problem more than some others...

After having owned and often competed with 9 Vettes, I have found that (of course given some variation within models) they tend to be delivered about 80% complete by my standards. This includes the C4 ZR-1, C5 Z06, C6 ZR1, and two C6 Z06's (one I still have). With ever increasing Federal regulations/restrictions, it would not surprise me that the costs to tailor the car to your desires (performance wise) may continue to increase.

And I quickly learned how to play the purchase game since all of these vehicles have tended to depreciate painfully quickly - more so than my daily driver vehicles.

I will say that at one time, opting to get a Museum Delivery of your car seemed to ensure a higher quality level - experienced this directly with my C5 Z06 purchase. I don't know if that is still true.

As always, your results may vary.
Old 12-19-2014, 08:40 AM
NineBall
Safety Car

Received 107 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by OJCrush08
Well, nothing to be surprised about. No different than showing up at a Republican Convention with a "We Want Hilliary" sign and expecting the attendees to admire you for it.
Bad analogy. He showed up at a Corvette site, with legit complaints about how the Corvette could be improved. That would be like showing up at a Democratic Convention, and asking for Hillary to get a face-lift to improve her chances. She has a lot of saggy leather, too.
Old 12-19-2014, 08:42 AM
hyteck9
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

She has a lot of saggy leather, too.

And then the internet does this!!!! 4TW!
Old 12-19-2014, 08:43 AM
OJCrush08
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bad analogy. He showed up at a Corvette site, with legit complaints about how the Corvette could be improved. That would be like showing up at a Democratic Convention, and asking for Hillary to get a face-lift to improve her chances. She has a lot of saggy leather, too.
Ditto. I think most at that convention would agree that she needs a second one...I think they might have other issues with her, however.

Quick Reply: Dear GM/Chevrolet,