C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

New Z06 loses to Miata

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2014, 09:45 AM
TacDoc
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default New Z06 loses to Miata

1993 mazda miata drag car on racing junk.com.

Point here is the new Z is a track car, bred for the twisties. Why pay for a Z06 when you can drop pocket change on this Miata and go sub 9 seconds. Anyone can make a straight line bullet out of ANYTHING. For all the drivers who only know how to mash their right foot to the floor and look straight ahead, wait until the tracks open. We track rats will show you how it's done.
Old 12-14-2014, 09:52 AM
LFZ
Team Owner

Received 310 Likes on 227 Posts

Yes...but will your C7Z make it for a whole session on a road course? I guess we will find out once guys start tracking, but I'll keep my expectations very very low.
Old 12-14-2014, 09:57 AM
Rob'sC5
Melting Slicks

Cruise-In V Veteran
St. Jude's Donor '05

Old 12-14-2014, 10:04 AM
TacDoc
Racer

Originally Posted by LFZ
Yes...but will your C7Z make it for a whole session on a road course? I guess we will find out once guys start tracking, but I'll keep my expectations very very low.
And the answer may very well be no, but that's track use. I have owned three Vipers for track use, my last being a gen 4 ACR, and yes they were great, but maintenance was pricey. I still own my 2000 GTS super mod class car. I have probably paid for it twice in upkeep and repairs, yet GM is warranting the Z. So drive the Z on track, destroy the competition, and remember, GM has your back. Oh yeah, invite the GTR owners so they can void their warranty when GPS finds them on track.
Old 12-14-2014, 02:44 PM
Blvdbrawler
Melting Slicks

Received 226 Likes on 137 Posts

Yeah, there will be a lot of this...But there will also be a lot of wins too! Once this ECU thing gets all figured out...
Old 12-14-2014, 03:07 PM
JackTripper
Turn 12!
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 498 Likes on 217 Posts

Thanks to you both for the service to our country.

Old 12-14-2014, 03:40 PM
MaynardZed
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by TacDoc
And the answer may very well be no, but that's track use. I have owned three Vipers for track use, my last being a gen 4 ACR, and yes they were great, but maintenance was pricey. I still own my 2000 GTS super mod class car. I have probably paid for it twice in upkeep and repairs, yet GM is warranting the Z. So drive the Z on track, destroy the competition, and remember, GM has your back. Oh yeah, invite the GTR owners so they can void their warranty when GPS finds them on track.
GTR voids for timed events not HDPE. Why my buddy uses no transponder during time trials in his GTR. Goofy stuff though.

FWIW BMW doesn't care if you track your car, they encourage it. They say M stands for Motorsports.

Get notified of new replies

To New Z06 loses to Miata

Quick Reply: New Z06 loses to Miata