C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

How are the regular ZO6 tires in the rain?

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2014, 12:03 AM
Arctic Blastoff
Drifting

Received 49 Likes on 44 Posts
Default How are the regular ZO6 tires in the rain?

Coming from a awd car so just want to know how bad it is,of course i wont be a fool an drive crazy or fast.
Old 12-12-2014, 12:23 AM
F430F1
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Arctic Blastoff
Coming from a awd car so just want to know how bad it is,of course i wont be a fool an drive crazy or fast.

I think you have Sport Cups as I had on my 2012 z06/z07. Be very careful in the wet and if it start pouring get off the road ASAP

from tire rack:
Pilot Sport Cup ZP radials meet DOT requirements, however they are not recommended for driving in wet conditions where standing water is present and there is the risk of hydroplaning;
drivers should drive cautiously at reduced speeds if they encounter these conditions. And like all Streetable Track & Competition tires, Pilot Sport Cup ZP radials are not intended to be driven
in near-freezing temperatures, through snow or on ice. It’s also essential these tires be stored indoors at temperatures maintained above 32 degrees F.
Old 12-12-2014, 01:59 AM
Greg Quillen
Pro

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Regular tires are Pilot Super Sport.. they are fine in the rain no worry..

The Z07 package has Pilot Sport Cup 2 tires which are not that good in the rain. Drive slow if there is standing water aka puddles. But not undriveable

Get notified of new replies

To How are the regular ZO6 tires in the rain?

Quick Reply: How are the regular ZO6 tires in the rain?