C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Nineball and Nspec, are you guys willing to swap cars and do 1 more video run?

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2014, 06:53 PM
Mopar Jimmy
Team Owner

Location: Elmhurst, IL (West Suburb of Chicago) & Home of MEGA Horsepower
Received 584 Likes on 399 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06

Default Nineball and Nspec, are you guys willing to swap cars and do 1 more video run?

I know there has been A TON of buzz all over the internet and of course controversy is going to come with that (especially from the C7 Z06 Fan Boys) and many of you are seeing new threads on this topic, but it is, what it is, and has created a HUGE buzz in the high performance auto world.

But, the PERFECT way to put this to rest once and for all ESPECIALLY since Nspec also owns a Gen V Viper, and is therefore use to shifting that bad boy very smoothly per one of his posts, would be to swap cars with same drivers, This ideally would shot how close the two cars really are with WAY less controversy.

Now I am not knocking Nspec high performance manual tranny skills and I bet he can shift in a race better than most, but I do know that Nineball (Tony) can shift with the best of them, and is about as Hardcore of high performance guy who is not a professional that you will find, from his driving prowess over many years on the drag strip and road racing, and obviously just a little street racing.

Also, the test would be really fair b/c the C7 Z shifter would be new to Nineball (just like it was to Nspec after 3 days), and Nspec already has a Gen V Viper which he has stated has a perfect shifter on it that he loves and obviously is very use to.

I think if you guys switched driver on the same cars the Viper would still kick the Z06s azz every time, but not quite as badly as depicted on the video (that's just my gut feeling b/c I know Tony (Nineball) can shift with the best of them).

This all having been said I think the first video was done with 100% honesty and sincerity. Now one video don't mean that much and until we see future video of Nineball's Viper TA kicking other C7 Z06s in a similar manner, then we will truly know that the new C7 Z falls on its face 120 to 150 mph, which a lot of the data and magazine articles elude to.

I have no horse in this race I LOVE the new C7 Z06 and have owned many vettes, and currently have been vetteless for the first time in 20 years, as my road race machine is a Gen V 2009 Viper VOI edition, and my straight line monster is a 1967 mint Candy Apple Red Camaro, with a 565 ci Dart big block, making 780 ponies on motor, with an extra dual shot of 250 Nitrous in the trunk (just in case)!

Whatya say guys, I'm sure you would not be thrilled at the other guy flogging your $100,000+ vehicle but if you have confidence in each other's driving skills why not give it a shot (that would be a blast and which would obviously get HUGE exposure all over the Internet, and pretty much put to rest the controversy regarding these two EXACT same cars and the exact EXACT same drivers!

Last edited by Mopar Jimmy; 12-10-2014 at 07:27 PM.
Old 12-10-2014, 07:07 PM
Mdm23
Drifting

Received 75 Likes on 36 Posts

The obsession with this Z06 vs Viper issue is getting a little weird.
Old 12-10-2014, 07:10 PM
Mopar Jimmy
Team Owner

Location: Elmhurst, IL (West Suburb of Chicago) & Home of MEGA Horsepower
Received 584 Likes on 399 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06

Originally Posted by Mdm23
To the hardcore straight line acceleration guys I disagree. There are THOUSANDS of folks who are just that (straight-line junkies), and don't care about road racing, what both cars were built to do, although they do both great, in curves and in a straight line. Why do you think these videos are getting so much massive exposure, there are probably more straight line performance enthusiasts here than there are guys who will actually hit a road race track if they owned a C7 Z06.

There is the obvious REASON why every high performance car write up ALWAYS include 0 to 60 times, 1/4 mile times, trap speeds, etc.

Last edited by Mopar Jimmy; 12-10-2014 at 07:25 PM.
Old 12-10-2014, 07:15 PM
1rawTA
Pro

Received 44 Likes on 38 Posts

getting very very weird...
Old 12-10-2014, 07:18 PM
hognutz
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

good lord he lost a race. you don't get to switch cars when you get beat.

since when did the viper become so slow whipping boy of a car. it is as fast as the outgoing Zr1 isn't it. I ahve never driven one but why is the a slow car all of a sudden. I mean until the cut the cost 15k It though they were a tad over priced but they have nver been slow.

don't they trap like 130 and run low 11's???

go buy a cai and try again ha ha. then again i don't leave cars stock so that slight loss won't not get me that riled up stock vs stock

Last edited by hognutz; 12-10-2014 at 07:20 PM.
Old 12-10-2014, 07:21 PM
TearExtractor
Intermediate

If GM could get the z06 to run off the tears of this forum, it might just have enough power to launch itself into orbit.
Old 12-10-2014, 07:23 PM
Drifting

Received 59 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by hognutz
good lord he lost a race. you don't get to switch cars when you get beat.

How is having drivers switch cars , and then try to get the best performance out of cars ,they arent familiar with ,going to prove anything?

Give it a break already.....The Corvette doesnt always win.....
Old 12-10-2014, 07:24 PM
jma242
Burning Brakes

Received 190 Likes on 109 Posts

This is a non-issue to me. How often are you going to run into a Gen V Viper while out and about? Maybe if you live in a huge city, but many of us will never see one on the road.
Old 12-10-2014, 07:40 PM
Chicago1
Race Director

Received 321 Likes on 208 Posts

umm the Viper is faster and weighs less. It's traps the same as a Zr1 and higher then a c7z..What's so hard to comprehend? 125-126 car vs a 128-130 car...My 9 year old son can do the math and come to the conclusion who would win.
Old 12-10-2014, 07:42 PM
Bluedevil15
Racer

Seriously. Like this is an absolute joke now. Who gives a flying F***. Like everyone move on with your life if you hate your Z06 now sell it and move to another forum People here want to talk about Z06s and how awesome they are. I pick mine up Saturday!
Old 12-10-2014, 07:58 PM
C6Z06C6
Burning Brakes

Received 68 Likes on 50 Posts

I guess I am the only one who wants to see it but I am sure they will not do it
Old 12-10-2014, 08:04 PM
red2012
Safety Car

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by 455230

Give it a break already.....The Corvette doesnt always win.....
What's so hard to understand.
Old 12-10-2014, 08:08 PM
ChucksZ06
Drifting

Received 55 Likes on 23 Posts

The viper was faster, only a fanboy would see it as having anything to do with drivers. The viper pulls away convincingly in higher gears...nothing to do with shifting...just has more hp/less wt. Not a viper fan ever...I hate the engine.
Old 12-10-2014, 08:11 PM
ASASSN
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Agreed

Originally Posted by Mopar Jimmy
I know there has been A TON of buzz all over the internet and of course controversy is going to come with that (especially from the C7 Z06 Fan Boys) and many of you are seeing new threads on this topic, but it is, what it is, and has created a HUGE buzz in the high performance auto world.

But, the PERFECT way to put this to rest once and for all ESPECIALLY since Nspec also owns a Gen V Viper, and is therefore use to shifting that bad boy very smoothly per one of his posts, would be to swap cars with same drivers, This ideally would shot how close the two cars really are with WAY less controversy.

Now I am not knocking Nspec high performance manual tranny skills and I bet he can shift in a race better than most, but I do know that Nineball (Tony) can shift with the best of them, and is about as Hardcore of high performance guy who is not a professional that you will find, from his driving prowess over many years on the drag strip and road racing, and obviously just a little street racing.

Also, the test would be really fair b/c the C7 Z shifter would be new to Nineball (just like it was to Nspec after 3 days), and Nspec already has a Gen V Viper which he has stated has a perfect shifter on it that he loves and obviously is very use to.

I think if you guys switched driver on the same cars the Viper would still kick the Z06s azz every time, but not quite as badly as depicted on the video (that's just my gut feeling b/c I know Tony (Nineball) can shift with the best of them).

This all having been said I think the first video was done with 100% honesty and sincerity. Now one video don't mean that much and until we see future video of Nineball's Viper TA kicking other C7 Z06s in a similar manner, then we will truly know that the new C7 Z falls on its face 120 to 150 mph, which a lot of the data and magazine articles elude to.

I have no horse in this race I LOVE the new C7 Z06 and have owned many vettes, and currently have been vetteless for the first time in 20 years, as my road race machine is a Gen V 2009 Viper VOI edition, and my straight line monster is a 1967 mint Candy Apple Red Camaro, with a 565 ci Dart big block, making 780 ponies on motor, with an extra dual shot of 250 Nitrous in the trunk (just in case)!

Whatya say guys, I'm sure you would not be thrilled at the other guy flogging your $100,000+ vehicle but if you have confidence in each other's driving skills why not give it a shot (that would be a blast and which would obviously get HUGE exposure all over the Internet, and pretty much put to rest the controversy regarding these two EXACT same cars and the exact EXACT same drivers!
Put a known driver in ZO6, "maybe the worm" and see what's what. Because Tony has had every V8 supercharged this,TT that and is familiar with what to do with it. So a known accomplished driver in vette only makes sense
Old 12-10-2014, 08:19 PM
NineBall
Safety Car

Received 107 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by ChucksZ06
The viper was faster, only a fanboy would see it as having anything to do with drivers. The viper pulls away convincingly in higher gears...nothing to do with shifting...just has more hp/less wt.
This. Some of you focus too much on the actual shifts, but aren't watching what happens while both cars are IN gear. The cars hang side by side until about the middle of 3rd gear. Then the Viper starts to pull ahead. In 4th gear, the Viper pulls away even harder. Definitely 4th gear is where the biggest difference occurs, regardless of where the shift happened.

Instead of paying attention to the car length(s) that the Corvette lost by, pay more attention to how both cars accelerate when in gear. Even if you found the best driver and he was able to shift like crazy, you can't overcome the Viper pulling away while in gear. A good driver doesn't defy physics and increase acceleration rates, he only makes the shift point quicker.

As for the original question, I have a few more willing candidates who are friends that want to make some videos. This won't happen this weekend, since we are going out of town to road race at COTA. But, maybe next week. This includes:

Another new Z06/Z07 (delivered today, excellent driver)
Another new Viper TA (400 miles on it, stock, newer driver)
My Viper TA (without alien or devine intervention modifications)
Stock ZR1 (excellent driver)

We will line all sorts of stuff up. Just be prepared, if the outcome isn't what you WANT to see. We'll report the good and the bad, however it works out.

Like we always do.

Tony
Old 12-10-2014, 08:25 PM
ASASSN
Instructor

Default First

Originally Posted by NineBall
This. Some of you focus too much on the actual shifts, but aren't watching what happens while both cars are IN gear. The cars hang side by side until about the middle of 3rd gear. Then the Viper starts to pull ahead. In 4th gear, the Viper pulls away even harder. Definitely 4th gear is where the biggest difference occurs, regardless of where the shift happened.

Instead of paying attention to the car length(s) that the Corvette lost by, pay more attention to how both cars accelerate when in gear. Even if you found the best driver and he was able to shift like crazy, you can't overcome the Viper pulling away while in gear. A good driver doesn't defy physics and increase acceleration rates, he only makes the shift point quicker.

As for the original question, I have a few more willing candidates who are friends that want to make some videos. This won't happen this weekend, since we are going out of town to road race at COTA. But, maybe next week. This includes:

Another new Z06/Z07 (delivered today, excellent driver)
Another new Viper TA (400 miles on it, stock, newer driver)
My Viper TA (without alien or devine intervention modifications)
Stock ZR1 (excellent driver)

We will line all sorts of stuff up. Just be prepared, if the outcome isn't what you WANT to see. We'll report the good and the bad, however it works out.

Like we always do.

Tony
First thing first. I see you around town way to much for you not to call me by my name or what you know it to be!! I see your car pulling when both in gear. But, if you thought there was nothing to it then just say........ Saturday looks clear.
Old 12-10-2014, 08:28 PM
ASASSN
Instructor

Default Record

Originally Posted by ASASSN
First thing first. I see you around town way to much for you not to call me by my name or what you know it to be!! I see your car pulling when both in gear. But, if you thought there was nothing to it then just say........ Saturday looks clear.
For the record. I would take your Viper over that Vette all day everyday. I just think Vette didn't get fair shake. Not cuz it lost. Just cuz how long the nose hangs between shifts. You lose time and momentum.

Get notified of new replies

To Nineball and Nspec, are you guys willing to swap cars and do 1 more video run?

Old 12-10-2014, 08:30 PM
ASASSN
Instructor

Also my appologies. I thought you called me fanboy. Sorry
Old 12-10-2014, 08:32 PM
blackvetterzo6
Le Mans Master

Received 1,019 Likes on 567 Posts

Originally Posted by Mopar Jimmy

Won't make a difference Jim. The Viper pulled period, the Z never gained at all.
Old 12-10-2014, 08:32 PM
Dethred
Instructor

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by TearExtractor
If GM could get the z06 to run off the tears of this forum, it might just have enough power to launch itself into orbit.
I literally just laughed out loud when I read your comment and then your screen name. Well played, sir!

Quick Reply: Nineball and Nspec, are you guys willing to swap cars and do 1 more video run?