C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Already been called out...

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2014, 11:39 PM
SIN R G
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by itsonlyairandfuel
At 120 mph in a drag race every .1 of a second is equal to 17.6 ft. So if the start isn't even, highly likely, you could give up 3 car lengths. Without realizing it. Morale of the story, run at a track and make it a fair start. Roll racing is for amateurs, idiots racing on the street, that give real racers a bad name. Every newspaper describes reckless idiots," as cars drag racing". Which couldn't be further from the truth. We've all watched the videos , documenting their stupidity, when they crash. Let's keep the corvettes on the track, gives us a better Image. Congrats on your new car, awesome machine. Ron B.

So true about roll racing being for amateurs, and street racing is just plain stupid. He probably wants to roll race so he can get a jump. He won't agree to the track because he knows he can't launch it. Just like he won't agree to a road course because he knows it can't turn.
Old 12-10-2014, 06:27 AM
DRLC5
Le Mans Master

Received 340 Likes on 226 Posts

With the new A8, I wonder if it will have the same type of shifting as my A6 in my V? When roll racing I use the Tap Tap method, Start in sport mode (right side) then select gear,2nd gear for the CTS V @ 40mph, I use paddles to do this. Floor it and tap shifter from the right to the left and right back to the right. Only good for roll racing. once you get the hang of it it's easy. Not sure if this will be the case for the new A8 in the Z. I cant wait to get mine, Your new ride will be awesome I am also looking at the SG.
Old 12-10-2014, 06:59 AM
svtkeith
Melting Slicks

Received 69 Likes on 49 Posts

Uh oh!! there just may be some more excuses on the way!! LMAO!!!!!

Seriously a roll race is going to be interesting may the faster car win!!
Old 12-10-2014, 07:14 AM
L Duncan
Racer

Received 63 Likes on 33 Posts

Lol I've got this covered fellows, the dude does not know a thing about roll racing, drag racing, etc. I DO. Been drag racing turbo hayabusas for years {7.20's at 196mph}. Haven't had much experience with cars, but I can handle this guy, he weighs 300lbs, I weigh 180lbs.

Plus come on look at the overall cars, Z is superior{except for cost}in everyway...EASY KILL!

Quick Reply: Already been called out...