C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Guy Gets Handed Keys to His New Z06 & Immediately Does a Huge Burnout

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2014, 05:53 AM
Unreal
Team Owner

Received 2,313 Likes on 1,793 Posts

Dyno runs are the best way to break in a new car. Keep up the good work vengeance.
Old 12-07-2014, 06:08 AM
CSEVEN
Banned Scam/Spammer

Received 642 Likes on 289 Posts
Default It's ok..

I would of preferred a donut, power braking is kind of high school parking lot stuff .
Old 12-07-2014, 07:26 AM
Melting Slicks

Received 145 Likes on 112 Posts

It's his car or at least his company's car so he can do as he pleases. However, very immature display for an adult. And who cleans up the rubber marks after he's finished acting like a child!
Old 12-07-2014, 09:16 AM
OD3G
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 8850
However, very immature display for an adult. And who cleans up the rubber marks after he's finished acting like a child!
Yes, the video would have been much better if it was being driven to the local "who can drive at the lowest RPM possible with the most coats of wax" car show than being used as a high performance sports car. Is this corvette forum or whinny old bastard forum?
Old 12-07-2014, 09:34 AM
Detoxx03
Safety Car

Received 377 Likes on 245 Posts

Pretty sure the dealership doesn't care lol. You guys amuse me greatly.
Old 12-07-2014, 09:37 AM
ChucksZ06
Drifting

Received 55 Likes on 23 Posts

It's his car or at least his company's car so he can do as he pleases. However, very immature display for an adult. And who cleans up the rubber marks after he's finished acting like a child!
Guys who whine about adults having a little fun get their scrub brushes out and run around cleaning up all the tire marks. You know who you are. ha
Old 12-07-2014, 10:15 AM
0Ron@Vengeance Racing
Former Vendor

Received 32 Likes on 19 Posts

I have explained the reasoning for the burnout already so no need to repeat that, but I will let you know that I stayed after and swept up the rubber and enjoyed some great camaraderie with fellow ENTHUSIASTS. I do not think the folks at the dealership will have a better more memorable day in 2015 from their responses...
Old 12-07-2014, 10:16 AM
0Ron@Vengeance Racing
Former Vendor

Received 32 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Detoxx03
Pretty sure the dealership doesn't care lol. You guys amuse me greatly.

I would not have done such a thing without the dealership's permission
Old 12-07-2014, 11:18 AM
jksvet
Burning Brakes

Received 37 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Ron@Vengeance Racing
Thanks for the show. I got a kick out of it and forwarded to some of my friends, who also got a good laugh.
Old 12-07-2014, 11:20 AM
The Highlander
Drifting

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

The whole dealer was laughing.... Shooting video.... it is still publicity for them.
Old 12-07-2014, 11:24 AM
jklein7
Pro

Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by C2Jeff
I'll never do this sort of thing but some C7 drivers like to melt their tires and make a lot of smoke (for the life of me I don't understand why), but this is what this guy did:
http://jalopnik.com/man-picks-up-201...rmo-1667458322
Are you kidding me or what. That was great Now that's what they mean by drive it like you stole it. For those of you who are going to baby your new Z
Old 12-07-2014, 11:25 AM
jklein7
Pro

I have explained the reasoning for the burnout already so no need to repeat that, but I will let you know that I stayed after and swept up the rubber and enjoyed some great camaraderie with fellow ENTHUSIASTS. I do not think the folks at the dealership will have a better more memorable day in 2015 from their responses...
Thought it was great.
Old 12-07-2014, 11:26 AM
jklein7
Pro

Oh please. Lighten up
Old 12-07-2014, 11:54 AM
nspec
Racer

Everyone talking ****. come on. you know that guy enjoys his ride way more than any of you ever will. HE IS THE ONE GETTING THE MOST FOR HIS MONEY.

In my opinion, the more you beat the **** out of your car without destroying it, the better you are. push the limits.
Old 12-07-2014, 12:07 PM
bitatasg
Instructor

Default Inspired

This video has inspired me to do the same thing when I get my new Z next month (hopefully). I'm going to drive that pig like I stole it every time I get in it, except when I'm with the bride. She gets fussy when I rip tires and such.
Old 12-07-2014, 12:18 PM
ibleedgreen
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

OMG it's a burnout, the car is broken now! Some of you guys need to trade in for a Prius.
Old 12-07-2014, 12:22 PM
nspec
Racer

Pretty disappointed by this thread seeing how many owners here have no idea what theyre really missing out on.

Get notified of new replies

To Guy Gets Handed Keys to His New Z06 & Immediately Does a Huge Burnout

Old 12-07-2014, 01:05 PM
musclecar6
Le Mans Master

Received 148 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by OD3G
Yes, the video would have been much better if it was being driven to the local "who can drive at the lowest RPM possible with the most coats of wax" car show than being used as a high performance sports car. Is this corvette forum or whinny old bastard forum?

Well said. After many years of driving high performance cars, most of which were corvettes, I'm now in the old guy category, but still a happy member of the " too much is never enough club". Yes, there are still a small group of sanctimonious, self righteous guys who post on here, but fortunately they are not many. Since this is the C7 Z06 sub forum where the stock car has 650/650, not home base for waxers central, what do they think we are going to talk about ? Going to church and reading from the good book, as we vow to never color outside the lines. Maybe the "No fun police" could get more traction if they posted on the Stingray sub forum where maybe more waxers hang out. Course some of those guys can put on a really good show with only "460/465".
Old 12-07-2014, 01:54 PM
sunsalem
Race Director

Received 2,146 Likes on 1,521 Posts

Originally Posted by musclecar6
IMHO, he did it for advertising purposes, just like GM, Chrysler, or other manuafacturers do. It increases the excitement and hype for the customers he's trying to target, the ones who will open their wallet and spend the money to personalize their ride. Have you ever seen Lingenfelter cars ( obviously a highly respected forum tuner too) doing burnouts by Lingenfelter employees ? Of course we have, for the same reason. To advertise.
Amen, brother....you nailed it.
Old 12-07-2014, 02:41 PM
Supermassive
Melting Slicks

Received 794 Likes on 307 Posts

Jesus the break in ***** are in full force in this thread. I have owned many brand new vehicles and I have broken them in all the same. Hard acceleration to redline lots of engine braking, and early oil changes, and I have had statistically higher than average horsepower to go with those engines as well as better overall engine life. I had a guy who built world superbike engines explain to me that you should break an engine in the way you plan to use it. Of course the absolute best way to break an engine in is on a dyno, but not everyone has one at their disposal.

As for Vengeance's car being sold in the future...I bet that engine will be fine, hell I'd prefer it over the guy who never redlined his car for the first 1000 miles. Vengeance will likely do an early oil/filter change and put some good synthetic in and see gains just in the oil swap. GM also redlines the engines immediately after they are built on their engine dyno for initial break in and operation testing. If its ok for GM to do it in house why is it so bad to do when you first get it? Its because most Corvette owners have the technical knowhow and experience as a 5 year old with a little tykes toolset when it comes to engines and automobiles in general, so they take the break in period in the owners manual as gospel.

Quick Reply: Guy Gets Handed Keys to His New Z06 & Immediately Does a Huge Burnout