C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Vengeance Racing C7 Z06 puts down 660 RWHP/660 RWTQ!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2014, 04:16 PM
jdmdohcpower
Burning Brakes

Received 44 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by minytrker
I have not seen anything like that out there for GM like the imports. I have dyno'd several imports with setups like your talking about. Its pretty neat to change the tune with the steering wheels controls. I was pretty shocked by what alot of them could do by button sequences.

If you flash the factory ecm in a c7 gm will be able to tell .
That sucks a little. Is it worth the warranty?
Old 12-07-2014, 04:20 PM
Arctic Blastoff
Drifting

Received 49 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by Callsign_Vega
Many tracks have straights that go well above 120 in a car with 650hp.

M7 is a much simpler and direct way to get power to the rear wheels. Torque converter in fluid and wet clutches = wasted power. A M7 will put down more WHP than a A8. The only thing an A8 is more efficient at is shifting speed. The A8 also gets worse gas mileage, and you pay for it. The last facet would be gearing. The lower gearing of the A8's lower gears may mean traction will be more of an issue and harder to control on non-prepped surfaces. That's not even getting into trans cooling issues that would arise first on the A8 before the M7 IMO. Looking forward to real world results.
I havnt found too many applications where the autos didnt have heating problems...were the ones on the track autos????thats would explain alot.
Old 12-07-2014, 04:33 PM
TX Tahoe Z71
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great results! Thanks for posting!

Subscribed
Old 12-07-2014, 04:35 PM
z06vettewannabe
Racer

Received 152 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by Ron@Vengeance Racing
Baseline #s on day one with 34 miles on the car were 585RWHP/611RWTQ....

Tuning netted us an addtional 32RWHP/13RWTQ for a total of 617RWHP/624RWTQ...

This morning we installed a slightly smaller upper pulley and picked up another 10RWHP/16RWTQ for a total of 627RWHP/640RWTQ

Next we added a modified AFE cold air intake for the C7 Stingray. Final results so far are 660RWHP/663RWTQ with only tuning/pulley/cold air!!!!

Within 48 hours of owning the car we have added 75RWHP/52RWTQ !!

Thank you General Motors!!!

We will be back at it tomorrow/Monday and will keep everyone updated with step by step results of each modification we perform.
So badass!!!!!!!!
Old 12-07-2014, 04:49 PM
Chicago1
Race Director

Received 321 Likes on 208 Posts

Originally Posted by z06vettewannabe
So badass!!!!!!!!
What is it with you guys quoting all the pics to say a simple one liner? Geeez
Old 12-07-2014, 05:01 PM
KustomsbyKev
Melting Slicks

Received 64 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by Chicago1
What is it with you guys quoting all the pics to say a simple one liner? Geeez
Old 12-07-2014, 05:28 PM
z06vettewannabe
Racer

Received 152 Likes on 67 Posts

Sorry, didn't realize it would do that.....
Old 12-07-2014, 07:45 PM
ElFingers
Advanced

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Thank you, thank you for sharing you initial insights into the LT4 and what the Z will be capable of! This is EXACTLY why I love this forum and most of the vendors on it.

Quick question: Did ya'll get a chance to evaluate the PVC system and whether or not it seems better engineered than the one found on the Stingray? As you know, lots of posts related to issues with the PVC system...especially in upgraded LT1s.

Keep up the great work! This is like car ****!
Old 12-07-2014, 07:59 PM
freeman1215
Pro

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by ElFingers
Thank you, thank you for sharing you initial insights into the LT4 and what the Z will be capable of! This is EXACTLY why I love this forum and most of the vendors on it.

Quick question: Did ya'll get a chance to evaluate the PVC system and whether or not it seems better engineered than the one found on the Stingray? As you know, lots of posts related to issues with the PVC system...especially in upgraded LT1s.

Keep up the great work! This is like car ****!
There is a new thread on this site titled "Things you don't like" about the new Z06 and the owner is citing Heat Soak and loss of power after 3-4 runs. Are you guys experiencing this problem? Given your HP and tests, I would have imagined that this would have come up, IF it is a real problem? I'm wondering if it isn't internal tuning on his car, but just a guess.
Old 12-07-2014, 08:12 PM
0Ron@Vengeance Racing
Former Vendor

Received 32 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by freeman1215
There is a new thread on this site titled "Things you don't like" about the new Z06 and the owner is citing Heat Soak and loss of power after 3-4 runs. Are you guys experiencing this problem? Given your HP and tests, I would have imagined that this would have come up, IF it is a real problem? I'm wondering if it isn't internal tuning on his car, but just a guess.

With the OE calibration we did experience the same thing... The timing tables are EXTREMELY conservative and the ECU will pull timing for almost any situation. I am waiting for owners to complain about "tip in" as the ECU pulls a massive amount of timing when slightly touching the gas pedal.

All that being said, MOST of the loss of power can be addressed in the ECU.. IAT2 temps are actually quite impressive, even after multiple pulls on the chassis dyno. We will get on the highway in the next couple of days and make some back to back "multi gear" runs for comparison sake.
Old 12-07-2014, 08:14 PM
OnPoint
The Consigliere
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 5,449 Likes on 2,273 Posts

With the OE calibration we did experience the same thing... The timing tables are EXTREMELY conservative and the ECU will pull timing for almost any situation. I am waiting for owners to complain about "tip in" as the ECU pulls a massive amount of timing when slightly touching the gas pedal.

All that being said, MOST of the loss of power can be addressed in the ECU.. IAT2 temps are actually quite impressive, even after multiple pulls on the chassis dyno. We will get on the highway in the next couple of days and make some back to back "multi gear" runs for comparison sake.
That is very interesting. If IATs are good, then a simple tune may correct this problem.
Old 12-07-2014, 08:17 PM
freeman1215
Pro

Thanks Ron! As I mentioned before, my first modifications after break in will be the Air Intake and a Dyno Tune, so it looks like that should decrease the possibility of my having this problem on the occasional track day. Please keep us informed as this could be a big deal to the new owner of a $100K car!
Old 12-07-2014, 08:17 PM
Snorman
Scraping the splitter.
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,028 Likes on 486 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15

Great info.
It was posted that you were seeing ~20* deltas between IAT1 and IAT2. Did you guys see any major IAT2 increases after those multiple pulls and were they back to back pulls?
S.
Old 12-07-2014, 08:20 PM
0Ron@Vengeance Racing
Former Vendor

Received 32 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Snorman
Great info.
It was posted that you were seeing ~20* deltas between IAT1 and IAT2. Did you guys see any major IAT2 increases after those multiple pulls and were they back to back pulls?
S.
Average time between pulls so far has been 5 to 7 minutes... We are obviously reviewing data from the runs as well as making changes to the ECU between each run... All of this takes a bit of time so we haven't made run after run just yet.... As I said, we will continue to hit it hard this week and will provide more data for everyone each step of the way.
Old 12-07-2014, 08:37 PM
WA 2 FST
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 556 Likes on 359 Posts

Great info Ron with regards to the "heat soak" and timing pull issue. Thanks again for your R&D.
Old 12-07-2014, 09:11 PM
Slo-Poc
Burning Brakes

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Car looks great, impressive so far keep up the good work! Would like to see how far yall can go before touching the exhaust and cam...!?
Old 12-07-2014, 09:21 PM
freeman1215
Pro

Originally Posted by WA 2 FST
Great info Ron with regards to the "heat soak" and timing pull issue. Thanks again for your R&D.
Yes Ron. Thank you VERY Much! I think that owners, like myself, are going to need to address this heat soak issue before we go any further with HP gains!

Get notified of new replies

To Vengeance Racing C7 Z06 puts down 660 RWHP/660 RWTQ!!

Old 12-07-2014, 09:23 PM
Snorman
Scraping the splitter.
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,028 Likes on 486 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15

Just to point out...Ron stated that the IAT2's were "quite impressive".
Until there is more data, I am not yet sure that heat soak is the issue.
S.
Old 12-07-2014, 09:34 PM
freeman1215
Pro

Originally Posted by Snorman
Just to point out...Ron stated that the IAT2's were "quite impressive".
Until there is more data, I am not yet sure that heat soak is the issue.
S.
To me the issue is that GM did not address this problem before they released these cars!!!!!! And now I am wondering if I proceed with my " maybe" allocation this week!
Old 12-07-2014, 09:49 PM
z06time
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wonder if GM was desperately trying to avoid the gas guzzler tax and put an extremely lean tune in the new Z... Might explain why so much timing is being pulled at just a few short runs. And also excellent that just a tune to richen it up can fix it

Quick Reply: Vengeance Racing C7 Z06 puts down 660 RWHP/660 RWTQ!!