C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Just an overall frustrating experience

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2014, 03:13 PM
jdmdohcpower
Burning Brakes

Received 44 Likes on 34 Posts
Default Just an overall frustrating experience

I have never ordered a GM before and now I feel as though Ive lost the excitement in this whole process and somewhat ruined the experience for me. I placed my order and paid my deposit as soon as Kerbeck was able to take it. Been eying the Z since it was a concept. weeks after my order was in, Im told I cant get visible carbon like many of us (don't want Z07), ok fine make it flash even though I don't like that so much. After months of waiting the car arrived on Monday at the dealer. As excited as I could have been I asked for pictures to find the dash was wrong. I was told the dash would be black but its red and I don't like it. Said ok Ill swap it myself later on but paying 100k I shouldn't have to do that. Now Im still unable to pick up the car because there is no window sticker. I have moved my schedule around every day hoping it will come but for some stupid idea they snail mail them. Now Im unable to pick up the car until next Saturday only if doesn't snow which it may. If that's the case I would be able to get there for a few weeks at which time the ground will surely be covered in snow. Never had this kind of frustration or lack of info by the dealers in my life. To be fair the dealer isn't responsible for most other than they should have known the interior wasn't the same as the stingray as far as the dash but just really ticked off with the whole damn thing.
Old 12-05-2014, 03:19 PM
jasonvons
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

That sucks, I'm sorry you're frustrated at time you should be elated. I don't believe it's true that they can't sell without the window sticker, I'm sure others can chime in here. Not sure why they would be telling you.

In general with ordering a car I would never trust a dealer when it comes to options doing the homework yourself is usually necessary.
Old 12-05-2014, 03:40 PM
docf
Burning Brakes

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

Well look at bright side you got a car at the onset of production vs many of use who put deposits down early and still have no concrete knowledge of when or even if. I will say of all the cars I have ordered in the past, have never gotten a screwed up order. Times are a changin that's ungradably true!
Old 12-05-2014, 03:46 PM
TeamOGI
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry that you are down right now - I completely understand about the trim and color combo issues - I was very concerned about ordering a car with that price tag and having 1 - no real pictures to see and 2 - no car to even sit in, let alone take a test drive. I think I got lucky (still have not seen my car - I pick it up in Bowling Green on Monday) yesterday when I was able to see a ZO6 in the flesh for the first time - they are awesome! I also saw the first actual picture of a ZO6 with my color combo (Shark Gray with 2LZ Kalahari interior) and I am OK with it, though it could have gone either way. I hope your mood will shift quickly when you start it up and drive off.
Old 12-05-2014, 03:48 PM
C2Jeff
Melting Slicks

Received 84 Likes on 42 Posts

Maybe you ordered your car before you got to see how the interior would look but only the 1LZ interior has black over the gauge cluster but in 2LZ and 3LZ form, the seat color is carried over the gauges. If you wait awhile, I'm sure Chevrolet will sell the CF ground effects that you can add on later.
As for Kerbeck, I was very frustrated with them, too. I was ready to buy a car from them but 3 emails and one phone call later and no one returned any of my messages so I gave up on them and went elsewhere. I won't bother going back to Kerbeck ever again now that I find other dealers have real enthusiasts selling the Corvette, like Mike Furman, for example.
Old 12-05-2014, 04:09 PM
jdmdohcpower
Burning Brakes

Don't get me wrong, I don't want to sound like an ***. Worse things have happened then not getting my new supercar but I was just excited, not Im not. Im annoyed.
As for the dash and ordering too soon, that's the dealers job to know that stuff. If they don't know it they shouldn't be selling the damn car. IMHO
Im sure I will be happy once I drive it but the concern is that I may not drive in until spring. The weather hear is about to turn to winter so theres a good chance Im going to have to pay a flatbed to get it to my house and once there salt all over I wont want to drive it. Where it was really nice yesterday and will be again on Sunday so I could have put some miles on it.
Old 12-05-2014, 04:26 PM
Patriot77
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

I hate to hear a story like this because getting a car like this is suppose to be "exciting and fun" not a horror story of frustration. Again, Iam very sorry for you. I had a similar bad experience but not nearly to your degree. I ordered a "Z51" stingray last August and when 5 months went by and I was stuck at status 1100 for well over 5 months I finally said to the dealer whats going on??? He says to me, " I guess we better give you your $1,000 deposit back. Long story made short he never had an allocation in the first place. Now your probably saying why would he do that??? In hopes that you would change your order to a "Non-Z51" like he did to my neighbor just 5 doors down from me. As you probably know some dealers have no ethics. Again, very sorry for what is happening to you. One last thing, I find the 20% constraint on the "CFZ" and "CFV" very frustrating because as I have said from day one is "thats what really makes the car".
Old 12-05-2014, 04:46 PM
RS4EVA
Burning Brakes

Received 75 Likes on 50 Posts

I agree it is completely frustrating but Chevy didn't provide the dealers with any concrete info on the 2015 models. Instead the guys I dealt with at Kerbeck had to rely on pictures they took of pre-production models at Carlisle. I think it was premature to have started selling them before having at the very least high quality photos of every option for customers to make informed decisions.

That being said, Kerbeck did seem to know that the 2LZ would be just like the 2LT in that it had a colored dash. The only difference being the drivers focused vs full dash. I opted for black because I wanted 3LZ features but didn't want any color except on the seats.

Perhaps you can switch with a someone with a Stingray that wants the red drivers focused interior. I shouldn't be hard to swap.
Old 12-05-2014, 05:39 PM
CaryBob
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 345 Likes on 222 Posts

Originally Posted by RS4EVA
I agree it is completely frustrating but Chevy didn't provide the dealers with any concrete info on the 2015 models. Instead the guys I dealt with at Kerbeck had to rely on pictures they took of pre-production models at Carlisle. I think it was premature to have started selling them before having at the very least high quality photos of every option for customers to make informed decisions.

That being said, Kerbeck did seem to know that the 2LZ would be just like the 2LT in that it had a colored dash. The only difference being the drivers focused vs full dash. I opted for black because I wanted 3LZ features but didn't want any color except on the seats.

Perhaps you can switch with a someone with a Stingray that wants the red drivers focused interior. I shouldn't be hard to swap.
Don't believe that for an instant. There was a lengthy slideshow months ago at Carlisle (posted as a video as well as a slide set) that explained the 1LZ, 2LZ, and 3LZ interiors in detail and very clearly made the point that they were different than the Stingray. There were numerous threads on the forum as well as videos showing the interiors of the Z06. If a dealer is claiming that the interior was news to him, then he just wasn't paying attention to what was being posted in youtube and on this forum.
Old 12-05-2014, 05:47 PM
Z06Wolf
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Federal Law requires the "window sticker" otherwise known as the "Monroney Sticker," to be applied and/or included with all new cars sold within the U.S.

I'm sure they'd get away with it, but it could always come back to bite them and if it were my dealership, I'd also require a customer to wait, no matter how long it took.

The legal reasoning behind the above is simple. Let's say someone came into the dealership, financed 3 (three) Z06s. Assume said buyer was plastered (inebriated), when he purchased the vehicles. It's almost certain those purchase contracts could be voided, despite the buyer signing them in his state of "incapacitation," and despite the dealer putting forth considerable time and effort to acquire the vehicles.

But take it one step further to a more common situation- a loyal buyer who's had 1 too many drinks, picks up his Z06, and shortly thereafter, at 120 mph., said buyer dives straight into a Toyota Camry, killing 3 kids and a pregnant wife, leaving only the father alive. Who would be on the hook?

The dealer (who has a history of bending the rules by selling vehicles without "window stickers," at least that's how it would "appear"), the driver, the driver's insurance company, the dealer's insurance company, GM would be tossed into the mix for good measure, the bar that served the driver in the first place...and on and on and on...

Therefore, small infractions, that are seemingly meaningless at the time can often come back to harm large and small companies in a very large way. To avoid such issues, it's best to run a tight ship.

Be patient, the moment you sit in your new car, the wait will seem worthwhile.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monroney_sticker

Last edited by Z06Wolf; 12-05-2014 at 05:54 PM.
Old 12-05-2014, 05:47 PM
DucMan 888
Instructor

Received 48 Likes on 27 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

Hang in there...you are almost at the finish. Get the car and all those feelings will gradually dissipate.
Enjoy
Old 12-05-2014, 08:11 PM
Rd16rr
Pro

Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by jdmdohcpower
Don't get me wrong, I don't want to sound like an ***. Worse things have happened then not getting my new supercar but I was just excited, not Im not. Im annoyed.
As for the dash and ordering too soon, that's the dealers job to know that stuff. If they don't know it they shouldn't be selling the damn car. IMHO
Im sure I will be happy once I drive it but the concern is that I may not drive in until spring. The weather hear is about to turn to winter so theres a good chance Im going to have to pay a flatbed to get it to my house and once there salt all over I wont want to drive it. Where it was really nice yesterday and will be again on Sunday so I could have put some miles on it.
Hang in there, you'll be fine soon enough - ducman888 said it right, in that after you drive it all negative sentiment will disappear - seeing that he is a Ducati owner (ducman888 = Ducati 888 owner), he knows the feeling all too well
Old 12-06-2014, 08:29 AM
JackTripper
Turn 12!
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 498 Likes on 217 Posts

Originally Posted by C2Jeff
Maybe you ordered your car before you got to see how the interior would look but only the 1LZ interior has black over the gauge cluster but in 2LZ and 3LZ form, the seat color is carried over the gauges. If you wait awhile, I'm sure Chevrolet will sell the CF ground effects that you can add on later.
As for Kerbeck, I was very frustrated with them, too. I was ready to buy a car from them but 3 emails and one phone call later and no one returned any of my messages so I gave up on them and went elsewhere. I won't bother going back to Kerbeck ever again now that I find other dealers have real enthusiasts selling the Corvette, like Mike Furman, for example.
Had the same issue with Kerbeck; unreliable. Orderd via Kendrick in Atlanta; awesome. I pick up the car on the 26th.
Old 12-06-2014, 04:37 PM
jdmdohcpower
Burning Brakes

Still as of now no they have no idea when this will be resolved. They can't give me what they don't have they say. Anyway I'm speaking with a dealer who has on in my second choice color built the same way and offering a discount as his customer backed out. I may be backing out of kerbecks Monday morning.
Old 12-06-2014, 05:31 PM
FiremanC7
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Originally Posted by jdmdohcpower
I have never ordered a GM before and now I feel as though Ive lost the excitement in this whole process and somewhat ruined the experience for me. I placed my order and paid my deposit as soon as Kerbeck was able to take it. Been eying the Z since it was a concept. weeks after my order was in, Im told I cant get visible carbon like many of us (don't want Z07), ok fine make it flash even though I don't like that so much. After months of waiting the car arrived on Monday at the dealer. As excited as I could have been I asked for pictures to find the dash was wrong. I was told the dash would be black but its red and I don't like it. Said ok Ill swap it myself later on but paying 100k I shouldn't have to do that. Now Im still unable to pick up the car because there is no window sticker. I have moved my schedule around every day hoping it will come but for some stupid idea they snail mail them. Now Im unable to pick up the car until next Saturday only if doesn't snow which it may. If that's the case I would be able to get there for a few weeks at which time the ground will surely be covered in snow. Never had this kind of frustration or lack of info by the dealers in my life. To be fair the dealer isn't responsible for most other than they should have known the interior wasn't the same as the stingray as far as the dash but just really ticked off with the whole damn thing.
Hey, I picked up mine without a window sticker! The invoice was all the dealer needed.

BobD
Old 12-07-2014, 08:38 AM
jdmdohcpower
Burning Brakes

Most dealers dont seem to care about it. I bought my M5 without the sticker, they mailed it to me a week later. Kerbeck does and Im not asking them to break their rules but they are the biggest corvette dealer in the world right. So how do they no have sticker when my little local dealer, who Kerbeck convinced me to pull my deposit back from already delivered both his cars with sticker. One would have been mine. So now after speaking with 2 different dealers yesterday I can 100% get a car on Monday if Im willing to sit on a train and drove it home 5 hours which I sure am but I would also be saving a bit of money for 2 reason. 1, its a stage 1 car so I dont have to spend the 3k on the painted carbon as im going to change them to aftermarket anyhow which are almost in production. 2. both are offering a discount which I agreed not to put out there so dont ask on here.
guess Im going to sleep on it and finalize in the morning. Have a deposit on my first choice of my second choices lol

Last edited by jdmdohcpower; 12-07-2014 at 08:53 AM.
Old 12-08-2014, 06:06 PM
Bobbyosto
Pro

Originally Posted by Z06Wolf
Federal Law requires the "window sticker" otherwise known as the "Monroney Sticker," to be applied and/or included with all new cars sold within the U.S.

I'm sure they'd get away with it, but it could always come back to bite them and if it were my dealership, I'd also require a customer to wait, no matter how long it took.

The legal reasoning behind the above is simple. Let's say someone came into the dealership, financed 3 (three) Z06s. Assume said buyer was plastered (inebriated), when he purchased the vehicles. It's almost certain those purchase contracts could be voided, despite the buyer signing them in his state of "incapacitation," and despite the dealer putting forth considerable time and effort to acquire the vehicles.

But take it one step further to a more common situation- a loyal buyer who's had 1 too many drinks, picks up his Z06, and shortly thereafter, at 120 mph., said buyer dives straight into a Toyota Camry, killing 3 kids and a pregnant wife, leaving only the father alive. Who would be on the hook?

The dealer (who has a history of bending the rules by selling vehicles without "window stickers," at least that's how it would "appear"), the driver, the driver's insurance company, the dealer's insurance company, GM would be tossed into the mix for good measure, the bar that served the driver in the first place...and on and on and on...

Therefore, small infractions, that are seemingly meaningless at the time can often come back to harm large and small companies in a very large way. To avoid such issues, it's best to run a tight ship.

Be patient, the moment you sit in your new car, the wait will seem worthwhile.

Monroney sticker - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
I don't get it, what does all this have to do a customer receiving the window sticker? If something like this occurred, no one could prove the car did not come with a window sticker; I believe the sticker is provided just so a buyer can see the actual price of the car the dealer is actually selling to them. We buy all kind's of things that don't have price tags on them, are cars singled out in the law?

Get notified of new replies

To Just an overall frustrating experience

Old 12-08-2014, 06:19 PM
Z06Wolf
Advanced

Originally Posted by Bobbyosto
I don't get it, what does all this have to do a customer receiving the window sticker? If something like this occurred, no one could prove the car did not come with a window sticker; I believe the sticker is provided just so a buyer can see the actual price of the car the dealer is actually selling to them. We buy all kind's of things that don't have price tags on them, are cars singled out in the law?
Yes, as a matter of fact, motor vehicles are singled out by federal law, and they're licensed by state law, for that matter, if you're planning on driving them on the road (registration fees, etc.).
Old 12-08-2014, 06:23 PM
jdmdohcpower
Burning Brakes

I just want a car guys. It be so much easier if this thing wasn't built yet the wait is killing me knowing the car sitting out in the parking lot at the dealer
Old 12-12-2014, 09:52 PM
jdmdohcpower
Burning Brakes

after everything I got it home.

Quick Reply: Just an overall frustrating experience