C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

One forum member's thoughts on the FIRST testing of the new ZO6....

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2014, 12:27 PM
12oh
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default One forum member's thoughts on the FIRST testing of the new ZO6....

*straightline acceleration*
As the FIRST preliminary testing of the 2015 is a tad slower than expected, I'm still giving the new z a chance. Were all the magazines invited out to road Atlanta or were they given the car to test in there own city? Was every tester givin the same car?-Was it a dud? Who was driving getting the numbers? -pro drivers or average joe's? I'm sure aero is killing the cars acceleration over 100mph and should def be as fast(if not faster) than the c6zr1 0-150, but does anyone "really" care in real world driving if it can do 200 or 185-a speed most of us personally will never expierience? I think everybody would have been floored by the acceleration numbers if the 2015 zo6 was track tested @ MIR or ATCO, this time of year with a good driver.....
Old 11-25-2014, 01:14 PM
LS1LT1
Team Owner

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by 12oh
I think everybody would have been floored by the acceleration numbers if the 2015 zo6 was track tested @ MIR or ATCO, this time of year with a good driver.....
10.6s at over 131mph.
Old 11-25-2014, 01:23 PM
JustinStrife
Team Owner

Received 96 Likes on 66 Posts

*straightline acceleration*
As the FIRST preliminary testing of the 2015 is a tad slower than expected, I'm still giving the new z a chance. Were all the magazines invited out to road Atlanta or were they given the car to test in there own city? Was every tester givin the same car?-Was it a dud? Who was driving getting the numbers? -pro drivers or average joe's? I'm sure aero is killing the cars acceleration over 100mph and should def be as fast(if not faster) than the c6zr1 0-150, but does anyone "really" care in real world driving if it can do 200 or 185-a speed most of us personally will never expierience? I think everybody would have been floored by the acceleration numbers if the 2015 zo6 was track tested @ MIR or ATCO, this time of year with a good driver.....
it's nice to know you can copy and paste the SAME FREAKING POST in 10 threads and then make a separate thread with the same post again.

Troll much?
Old 11-25-2014, 01:23 PM
Snorman
Scraping the splitter.
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,028 Likes on 486 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15

Originally Posted by JustinStrife
it's nice to know you can copy and paste the SAME FREAKING POST in 10 threads and then make a separate thread with the same post again.

Troll much?
Holy crap...
Old 11-25-2014, 01:24 PM
Hot Rod Todd
Burning Brakes

Received 25 Likes on 14 Posts

Let's take a car and test it on an unprepared surface, on a hot (85 degree) and humid day. Then lets wonder why it's not as fast as the optimum performance of other models.

There's a huge difference between optimum performance and that which you can achieve in poor conditions. Put the Z06 head to head with it's competition, and you'll see that it has good performance across the board.

Even the GM test numbers were at their test facility, and from what I could find it was not a VHT prepped surface (such as the one used by Dodge to get the Hellcat acceleration numbers).
Old 11-25-2014, 01:25 PM
arcticblast
Le Mans Master

Received 240 Likes on 135 Posts
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran

Tough crowd.
Old 11-25-2014, 01:33 PM
ufaj26
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 267 Likes on 134 Posts

but does anyone "really" care in real world driving if it can do 200 or 185-a speed most of us personally will never expierience

I will make this statement since I am a big fan of both the ZR1 and the Z06. I have the street version of the Z06 (vin 600427) coming one day. Quick answer is NO. I have never been that fast and probably never will. BUT, when driving my ZR1 it is always nice to know that in the "Vette World" I am in the fastest car and never had a worry about what was coming in my rear view. With my New Z06 I cant quite make that claim. Probably sounds a little stupid but I can just hear the guy at the gas pump saying, "Hey that's the new Z06, what an awesome car!! I hear it's not quite as fast as the ZR1 though". But overall I am kind of glad that the ZR1 still retains a portion of the crown stock for stock.

Fire suit on!!

Last edited by ufaj26; 11-25-2014 at 01:36 PM.
Old 11-25-2014, 02:22 PM
JustinStrife
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Snorman
Holy crap...
I feel like i am back in middle and high school again when listening to some of these posters. I really expected more out of corvette owners on here. I have been an owner for almost 9 years and relished in the differences between this forum and the import forums populated by the high school and college age kids. What is it with adults that make them revert back to 14 year olds?
Old 11-25-2014, 02:23 PM
JackTripper
Turn 12!
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 498 Likes on 217 Posts

Troll much?
Justin, I just love your posts. Gloves are always off.
Old 11-25-2014, 02:47 PM
12oh
Burning Brakes

Troll much?
Hmmmm- after owning several vettes in the past several years and a 10+year member on here, trolling???...ahhh no.
It's valid points that I thought would need its own thread... Sorry if you feel like you are in middle/high school, but you may want go back to early grade school and learn to count- it was only 3 threads. Replys like these remind of why ive posted on this forum twice in 2.5yrs.....

Last edited by 12oh; 11-25-2014 at 02:50 PM.
Old 11-25-2014, 02:58 PM
fpfaeth
Burning Brakes

Received 422 Likes on 194 Posts

Since this is my first Corvette, I really can't add much to this conversation other than to make a point about drag vs. top speed: the Bugatti Veyron is faster than an F1 car above 150mph because the F1 machine has so much drag. In F1, as you know, they want the highest possible lap speed, not highest top speed. That being said, I did order the base model. Will be faster than my Porsche GT3 and Ferrari Maranello. Frank
Old 11-25-2014, 03:32 PM
euson2
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by fpfaeth
Since this is my first Corvette, I really can't add much to this conversation other than to make a point about drag vs. top speed: the Bugatti Veyron is faster than an F1 car above 150mph because the F1 machine has so much drag. In F1, as you know, they want the highest possible lap speed, not highest top speed. That being said, I did order the base model. Will be faster than my Porsche GT3 and Ferrari Maranello. Frank
What Frank said

Understand the purpose of this car and why/how it was built! You can't kill a Ferrari by only being able to go in a straight line fast. Hence, nobody in Europe ever rushed out to buy a Corvette.........until now.
Old 11-25-2014, 03:41 PM
LFZ
Team Owner

Received 310 Likes on 227 Posts

Troll much?
I feel like i am back in middle and high school again when listening to some of these posters. I really expected more out of corvette owners on here. I have been an owner for almost 9 years and relished in the differences between this forum and the import forums populated by the high school and college age kids. What is it with adults that make them revert back to 14 year olds?
True.
Old 11-25-2014, 03:47 PM
JustinStrife
Team Owner

Originally Posted by JackTripper
Justin, I just love your posts. Gloves are always off.
A trait I picked up from my Grandfather, one of my two idols(alongside my dad), who I was also named after. There isnt a politically correct bone in my body.

Thank you for your kind words Jack. It is nice to know there are some people out there who appreciate the direct and non subtle approach.
Old 11-25-2014, 03:56 PM
JustinStrife
Team Owner

Hmmmm- after owning several vettes in the past several years and a 10+year member on here, trolling???...ahhh no.
It's valid points that I thought would need its own thread... Sorry if you feel like you are in middle/high school, but you may want go back to early grade school and learn to count- it was only 3 threads. Replys like these remind of why ive posted on this forum twice in 2.5yrs.....
My point was lost on you completely. I cant say I am surprised. Let me spell it out for you.

You felt your one post was so relevant, so earth shatteringly enlighting, that you had to copy and past it in multiple threads. Then to make sure it was beaten over us some more, you had to create a separate thread with the same copy and paste post. Do you not see how pathetic that is? In the 18 years I have been on the internet, I have never seen anyone do exactly what you just did.

The next time you post, I am sure your copy and paste clicks will get more exercise in.
Old 11-25-2014, 07:07 PM
testpros
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 46 Likes on 24 Posts

Man, some people here really need to take a chill pill.
Old 11-25-2014, 08:05 PM
fasttoys
Melting Slicks

Received 1,260 Likes on 558 Posts

Originally Posted by ufaj26
but does anyone "really" care in real world driving if it can do 200 or 185-a speed most of us personally will never expierience

I will make this statement since I am a big fan of both the ZR1 and the Z06. I have the street version of the Z06 (vin 600427) coming one day. Quick answer is NO. I have never been that fast and probably never will. BUT, when driving my ZR1 it is always nice to know that in the "Vette World" I am in the fastest car and never had a worry about what was coming in my rear view. With my New Z06 I cant quite make that claim. Probably sounds a little stupid but I can just hear the guy at the gas pump saying, "Hey that's the new Z06, what an awesome car!! I hear it's not quite as fast as the ZR1 though". But overall I am kind of glad that the ZR1 still retains a portion of the crown stock for stock.

Fire suit on!!
ufaj26 did you request VIN427? or get lucky ??? My vin was behind yours

Last edited by fasttoys; 11-25-2014 at 09:40 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To One forum member's thoughts on the FIRST testing of the new ZO6....

Old 11-25-2014, 08:49 PM
tbrenny33
Burning Brakes

Received 62 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by Hot Rod Todd
Let's take a car and test it on an unprepared surface, on a hot (85 degree) and humid day. Then lets wonder why it's not as fast as the optimum performance of other models.

There's a huge difference between optimum performance and that which you can achieve in poor conditions. Put the Z06 head to head with it's competition, and you'll see that it has good performance across the board.

Even the GM test numbers were at their test facility, and from what I could find it was not a VHT prepped surface (such as the one used by Dodge to get the Hellcat acceleration numbers).
You're right dodge did get those numbers on a properly prepped track. What's funny to me is the number of people that killed the hellcat on this site after magazine testers could barely run 11's on a crappy airport strip in mid July! Running on a crappy old airport strip is never going to achieve max performance in a rear wheel drive car. The trap speed though tells me the Z06 is going to beat the hellcat at least 8 out of 10 times.
Old 11-26-2014, 05:31 AM
ufaj26
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 267 Likes on 134 Posts

Originally Posted by fasttoys
ufaj26 did you request VIN427? or get lucky ??? My vin was behind yours
PURE LUCK !!!! Thinking about my tag: 427 Z06

Alvin
Old 11-26-2014, 08:25 AM
Rob'sC5
Melting Slicks

Cruise-In V Veteran
St. Jude's Donor '05

My point was lost on you completely. I cant say I am surprised. Let me spell it out for you.

You felt your one post was so relevant, so earth shatteringly enlighting, that you had to copy and past it in multiple threads. Then to make sure it was beaten over us some more, you had to create a separate thread with the same copy and paste post. Do you not see how pathetic that is? In the 18 years I have been on the internet, I have never seen anyone do exactly what you just did.

The next time you post, I am sure your copy and paste clicks will get more exercise in.
WOW

Quick Reply: One forum member's thoughts on the FIRST testing of the new ZO6....