C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Is it possible that the 2016 Z07 will have different suspension?

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2014, 06:38 PM
pcguy2u
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 107 Likes on 77 Posts

Let's think about this in reverse - instead of C6Z folks feeling "butthurt", some of the above could be denial by those who are already committed and who don't want anyone to disillusion them. Can't say that's real, but it has as much creditability as the opposing view.

Legitimately, there are folks on the fence about this new model and who want to know what the reality is.

That's me for one - and I have no intention of selling or trading my beast. Being barely more powerful/nimble/or faster is not going to do it for me - I'll wait for the next ZR1 or Zora or whatever they are going to call it.

Not taking anything away from the appearance and new features of the C7/C7Z, although at least one of the Z07 versions (if I got that right) leaves me cold
Old 11-15-2014, 07:41 PM
JMB
Melting Slicks

Received 458 Likes on 258 Posts

When and where did GM publish 1/4 mile times?

The only 1/4 mile times I have seen on the new Z06 was by Hot Rod magazine????
The acceleration numbers were released well before the wreck at the Ring.
Do you guys really think that I am some kind of pot-stirring troll that has no grasp of reality or the facts?

Fact: The yellow Z07 on the 'ring piloted by Mero crashed on Sept. 30, 2014
Fact: GM released a Media Press release for the 1/4mile performance numbers for the 2015 Z06 the following day on Oct 1, 2014.

http://media.gm.com/media/us/en/gm/n.../1001-z06.html

Corvette Z06 Sprints to 60 mph in Less than 3 Seconds

New eight-speed automatic enables 2.95-sec. 0-60 time, 10.95-sec. quarter-mile

2014-10-01

DETROIT – The performance of the all-new, 2015 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 establishes it as one of the most capable vehicles on the market – and one of the few to achieve sub-3-second 0-60 performance and a sub-11-second quarter-mile time.

“The Corvette has long been known as America’s sports car,” said Mark Reuss, General Motors’ executive vice president, Global Product Development. “With the capability of the new Z06 rivaling the best performance cars in the world, we will also be America’s Supercar.”

The Corvette Z06 accelerates from a rest to 60 mph in only 2.95 seconds when equipped with the all-new, available eight-speed paddle-shift automatic transmission – and achieves it in 3.2 seconds with the standard seven-speed manual transmission.

A quarter-mile sprint takes just 10.95 seconds with the eight-speed automatic and 11.2 seconds with the seven-speed manual. With both versions, the Corvette Z06 hits 127 mph at the end of the quarter-mile.

When it comes to braking performance, the Z06 can stop from 60 mph in only 99.6 feet. That’s the best braking performance of any production car GM has ever tested. Additionally, the Corvette Z06 achieves 1.2 g in lateral acceleration compared with the Corvette’s previous best 1.13 g.

The new Z06 is also the fastest production car ever tested at GM’s 2.9-mile Milford Road Course, beating the record set by the Corvette ZR1 by a full second.

All test results were achieved with Z06 coupes fitted with the Z07 Performance package, which adds Brembo carbon ceramic brake rotors and Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 tires. The Z07 package also features the most aggressive aerodynamic package available on the Corvette Z06, which delivers the most downforce of any production car GM has ever tested.

“The defining aspect of driving the Z06 is seamless integration of power, technology and aerodynamics,” said Tadge Juechter, Corvette chief engineer. “As a result, the Z06 delivers ferocious acceleration, tenacious handling, and high-speed stability that few cars can match.”

It is the first Corvette Z06 with a supercharged engine – SAE certified at 650 horsepower and 650 lb-ft of torque – and the first with an available eight-speed paddle-shift automatic transmission. Performance-enhancing Magnetic Ride Control and Performance Traction Management are standard, and the award-winning, industry-first Performance Data Recorder is available.

The 2015 Corvette Z06 coupe goes on sale in in early 2015 priced at $78,995, while the Z06 convertible goes on sale in the second quarter, priced at $83,995.

Editors’ Note: Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price includes destination freight charge but excludes tax, title, license, dealer fees and optional equipment. Excludes other General Motors’ vehicles.

Founded in 1911 in Detroit, Chevrolet is now one of the world's largest car brands, doing business in more than 140 countries and selling more than 4.9 million cars and trucks a year. Chevrolet provides customers with fuel-efficient vehicles that feature spirited performance, expressive design, and high quality. More information on Chevrolet models can be found at www.chevrolet.com.
Like I already said, I am not here to dis the Z07, I'm just trying to understand if there are issues not being disclosed.
Old 11-15-2014, 09:03 PM
Hemi Dave
Melting Slicks

Received 459 Likes on 212 Posts

You know something....I think the C7 Z06 will be faster than the ZR1 in all respects....but even if it's just as fast as a ZR1....you are only spending Z06 money.

That's what makes the Z06 a win regardless
Old 11-15-2014, 09:20 PM
tg07
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Hemi Dave
You know something....I think the C7 Z06 will be faster than the ZR1 in all respects....but even if it's just as fast as a ZR1....you are only spending Z06 money.

You've got that right!
Old 11-15-2014, 11:40 PM
racezx9
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Hemi Dave

And a hell of lot better interior and technology
Old 11-15-2014, 11:46 PM
racezx9
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by pcguy2u
You guys need to get a dose of reality - they guy asks a legit question and you diss him like he's a newcomer/troll here. Also, there doesn't appear to be any evidence that the OP owns a ZR1 - he's asking a question that needs a legitimate answer.

GM's lack of action in this regard has prompted this question to be asked in other threads and there doesn't appear to be any answer forthcoming. If there was an answer from GM, surely someone would have posted it by now.

FTR, I own a 2009 ZR bullet (purchased new) and while I have been enticed by the new Z, I'm on hold until the jury comes in.

Ferrari does not go to the ring.... No one seems to care. Going to the ring is for development and baseline. The new Zis better all around in every aspect than the old c7. The technology , the interior, chassis and the price went up only nominally for allot more improvements. I know, because I have the current gen Z. I love the car, but the new one is just better.
Old 11-16-2014, 08:17 AM
Tony B4
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by racezx9
Again, someone that can't accpet that iPhone 6 is better than the old Motorola flip phone..... Sad.
IPhone 6 Plus is better than the IPhone 6 kinda like the A8 is better(Faster) than the M7 LMFAO!!!!

Quick Reply: Is it possible that the 2016 Z07 will have different suspension?