C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Any interest in a 2015 Pre-QC Spring Mountain Reunion?

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2014, 01:00 AM
OH THREE Z
Melting Slicks

Received 478 Likes on 280 Posts
2018 C4 of Year Finalist

Default Any interest in a 2015 Pre-QC Spring Mountain Reunion?

I was thinking about the common bond that we all share and the brotherhood that seems to have been formed within this group. I genuinely believe that everyone here are not just enthusiasts, but also a great group of guys who are all willing to lend their knowledge and truly wish nothing but the best for each other. While many others over the coming months and years will undoubtedly experience the same emotions that we have had over the past weeks/months i doubt there will be tight knit groups like this one seems to be. I will remember and i believe most others will remember who were in this fortunate group.

I have looked forward to reading the comments form the daily contributors and enjoyed lending my knowledge (as limited as it is) to the new guys.

That brings me to the point if this thread. I thought it would be worth suggesting the possibility of trying to coordinate a couple of reunions (for lack of a better term) at Spring Mountain. Im sure that most of you know that with the purchase of this car we will be eligible for a discounted package at Spring Mountain In Las Vegas. Given that we are scattered all over the country, that does not lend itself to the possibility of most of us ever meeting. Seems to me that this would be a great opportunity to meet while doing something that most likely are going to do anyway.

Im not sure how many SM can accommodate in a single session or if/when they will have a fleet of Z06's, but i am in and would be happy taking the lead to try to coordinate this. I usually go to Vegas at least twice a year so this would just be an extension of a trip i already plan to take.

Hope this gains some traction. I would like to meet you guys.

Mike

Interested Members. Updated 11/12

OH THREE Z. (Mike) Level 1
ZHOPPER05. (Anthony)
FIREMANC6. (Bob)
TEAMOGI
KSTINE98. Level 2
TXBubba
PHANTASMS. (Gene) Level 2
Ms. PHANTASMS. LEVEL 1
JDILLON. (JD) Level 2
ELECTRON MIKE (Mike) Level 2
GOLDBUG
Vernon. (Vernon)
Tine. (Christine) Level 2
Mikepacheco (Mike)
Bendzknees. (Frank)

Last edited by OH THREE Z; 11-17-2014 at 07:03 PM.
Old 11-12-2014, 05:00 AM
zhopper05
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 99 Likes on 74 Posts
2015 C7 of Year Finalist

Great idea, Mike. I am in.

Anthony
Old 11-12-2014, 10:33 AM
FiremanC7
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
NCM Sinkhole Donor

I'm interested.

BobD
Old 11-12-2014, 10:39 AM
TeamOGI
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like a good idea - by the way, I am also in Ohio (Northeast) - so it is not likely that I will drive to Vegas, but I do plan to attend a few different driving schools
Old 11-12-2014, 10:49 AM
OH THREE Z
Melting Slicks

2018 C4 of Year Finalist

Glad to see that there is an interest. I think it would make by all accounts an awesome experience even better. Ill let this go for a few days to see who all might be interested and then go from there.

Mike
Old 11-12-2014, 12:04 PM
mfain
Drifting

Received 884 Likes on 400 Posts

I talked to the Spring Mountain folks last week. They said they should have Z06s in early January.
Old 11-12-2014, 01:02 PM
kstine98
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

I am in. I took the level 1 class this summer (with my C7 discount) and it was a great experience. Mike, will you keep track of everyone interested and follow up late winter?
Old 11-12-2014, 01:07 PM
TXBubba
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Always up for a trip to Vegas. I'm usually there for a conference the first week of August (if that is not too late).
Old 11-12-2014, 02:01 PM
phantasms
Leeds.io
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 398 Likes on 239 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14-'15-'16
NCM Sinkhole Donor

I'm interested but it's unlikely I'd be able to do it with a baby on the way in February. However, if it is during a time that's doable for me I'm definitely in. My wife and I already discussed going back to Spring Mountain after we got the Z. We did the 3day ZR1 school last year. That's what got her hooked on the Z!

Best,
Gene
Old 11-12-2014, 02:11 PM
JDIllon
Melting Slicks

Received 297 Likes on 78 Posts

I would be interested for sure and would like to meet some of you guys! but would like to do the level 2 school. May be you could consider 2 different ones? one for those that have not been there and one for those that would like to move up? Just a thought. JD
Old 11-12-2014, 02:46 PM
OH THREE Z
Melting Slicks

2018 C4 of Year Finalist

Sounds like there is a need for level 2. Im not sure if a level 1 and 2 could done during the same week but i will find out.

I think letting this go until until after christmas sounds about right. Then at that point i will try to coordinate a plan that includes as many as possible

I will start a list if interested members in the original post. If you would like to be added respond to this thread and i will include you.

Looking forward to this

Mike
Old 11-12-2014, 03:03 PM
phantasms
Leeds.io
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 398 Likes on 239 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14-'15-'16
NCM Sinkhole Donor

I would be Level 2. My wife would be Level 1.

...in the unlikely event we can make it.
Old 11-12-2014, 03:12 PM
OH THREE Z
Melting Slicks

2018 C4 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by phantasms
I would be Level 2. My wife would be Level 1.

...in the unlikely event we can make it.
Fixed.... hope you can.... things like this are what grandparents are for.
Old 11-12-2014, 06:02 PM
Electron Mike
Racer

Received 240 Likes on 92 Posts

Sounds like a great idea! I would be interested in the level 2 course.
Old 11-12-2014, 06:27 PM
Goldbug
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by Electron Mike
Sounds like a great idea! I would be interested in the level 2 course.
Sounds good to me.Good idea.
Old 11-15-2014, 03:15 PM
OH THREE Z
Melting Slicks

2018 C4 of Year Finalist

Updated the list. Bump to the top

I plan on contacting SM after the first of the year and will post as well as contact everyone who has shown interest via PM

Mike
Old 11-15-2014, 04:19 PM
kstine98
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

Yes kstine98 is level 2.

Did level 1 in sept with my C7 discount!

Get notified of new replies

To Any interest in a 2015 Pre-QC Spring Mountain Reunion?

Old 11-16-2014, 08:32 AM
bendzknees
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by OH THREE Z
I was thinking about the common bond that we all share and the brotherhood that seems to have been formed within this group. I genuinely believe that everyone here are not just enthusiasts, but also a great group of guys who are all willing to lend their knowledge and truly wish nothing but the best for each other. While many others over the coming months and years will undoubtedly experience the same emotions that we have had over the past weeks/months i doubt there will be tight knit groups like this one seems to be. I will remember and i believe most others will remember who were in this fortunate group.

I have looked forward to reading the comments form the daily contributors and enjoyed lending my knowledge (as limited as it is) to the new guys.

That brings me to the point if this thread. I thought it would be worth suggesting the possibility of trying to coordinate a couple of reunions (for lack of a better term) at Spring Mountain. Im sure that most of you know that with the purchase of this car we will be eligible for a discounted package at Spring Mountain In Las Vegas. Given that we are scattered all over the country, that does not lend itself to the possibility of most of us ever meeting. Seems to me that this would be a great opportunity to meet while doing something that most likely are going to do anyway.

Im not sure how many SM can accommodate in a single session or if/when they will have a fleet of Z06's, but i am in and would be happy taking the lead to try to coordinate this. I usually go to Vegas at least twice a year so this would just be an extension of a trip i already plan to take.

Hope this gains some traction. I would like to meet you guys.

Mike

Interested Members. Updated 11/12

OH THREE Z. (Mike) Level 1
ZHOPPER05. (Anthony)
FIREMANC6. (Bob)
TEAMOGI
KSTINE98. Level 2
TXBubba
PHANTASMS. (Gene) Level 2
Ms. PHANTASMS. LEVEL 1
JDILLON. (JD) Level 2
ELECTRON MIKE (assuming Mike) Level 2
GOLDBUG
BendZknees (Frank)
Old 11-16-2014, 11:49 AM
Larry Bittner
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

My first trip to Spring Mountain was when it was started by Bragg Smith, there were only two tents and the instructor's were Dave and Dave. Thereafter I attended a couple more driving schools, but what I really miss is the Corvette Days because that is where it all began.

I know that the owners have built a very successful business, but it would be wonderful if they would honor the roots of Spring Mountain with one Corvette Day per year.
Old 11-16-2014, 01:49 PM
Janet Curran
Drifting

St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08

Originally Posted by Larry Bittner
My first trip to Spring Mountain was when it was started by Bragg Smith, there were only two tents and the instructor's were Dave and Dave. Thereafter I attended a couple more driving schools, but what I really miss is the Corvette Days because that is where it all began.

I know that the owners have built a very successful business, but it would be wonderful if they would honor the roots of Spring Mountain with one Corvette Day per year.
Hi Larry, When I last spoke with Dave Petrie he mentioned that they wanted to hold another Corvette Track Days. I believe that they are just so very busy and are having trouble finding dates when the track is not booked while still allowing time for the Club members.

The NCCC will be holding their West Coast Convention there in April and that might be the closest to one of our old time Corvette Track Days. I have not heard about a BBQ though.

Janet

Quick Reply: Any interest in a 2015 Pre-QC Spring Mountain Reunion?