C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Has anyone gotten a call from Conti?

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2014, 09:43 PM
NoOne
Team Owner

Received 503 Likes on 247 Posts

Default Has anyone gotten a call from Conti?

So 3 weeks go I get an email stating that the people who bought cars from them before get first shot.

It also says they believe they have plenty of cars for those who bought C7's last year, the remainder would go to people who did not buy.

Email said they were working out a plan and we'd all be contacted.

Well no contact and no emails returned.

http://www.corvetteconti.com/blog/?p=22242
Old 09-18-2014, 10:13 PM
mark1107
Melting Slicks

Received 39 Likes on 28 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14-'15

Rick has been great responding to me. I want an automatic so I will have to be patient.

If you've bought a previous corvette from Rick, then please be patient. He or Bethany will get to you, I promise.

Mark

Originally Posted by NoOne
So 3 weeks go I get an email stating that the people who bought cars from them before get first shot.

It also says they believe they have plenty of cars for those who bought C7's last year, the remainder would go to people who did not buy.

Old 09-18-2014, 10:48 PM
burtonbl103
Team Owner

Received 597 Likes on 177 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08 & '12-'13

I have one email with rick and i know im on his list somewhere
And i am a previous customer.
Old 09-19-2014, 05:31 AM
L Duncan
Racer

Received 63 Likes on 33 Posts

No previous buyer here, and I never got an email or anything from them stating I could order a car. Needless to say I spent my money somewhere else. Poor customer service doesnt work well with me.
Old 09-19-2014, 08:49 AM
91ZR1
Instructor

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Default Call.

I am also a previous customer waiting for the call.

Rick has responded to earlier emails, and has explained the process and I expect to hear from him in due time.

Not loosing any sleep, as my ZO6 will be a convertible and they are on constraint for at least a month. Meanwhile, still loving my 427 convertible!
Life is good.

John
Old 09-19-2014, 10:19 AM
lawdogg149
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 61 Likes on 37 Posts

I too am a previous buyer from rick. I contacted him through email after waiting patiently to see where I stood. Since I told him on Oct 08, 2014 the day I picked up my C7 I figured I would be on top. Well no response from emails. I texted him two days ago he said he would call tomm. That never came.

Here is my complaint. No list or email stating where we are in line. Yes understand the system very well about constraints and such. So issue a preorder list with specific numbers 1 thru whatever. Then start from there. Instead others are placing orders with dealers and getting orders in on allocations while we wait patiently.
Old 09-19-2014, 10:24 AM
ZL-1
Safety Car

Received 184 Likes on 122 Posts

Rick might be dragging his feet before making a final commitment on pricing. To see what the market will bear.
Old 09-19-2014, 10:37 AM
lawdogg149
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 61 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by ZL-1
Rick might be dragging his feet before making a final commitment on pricing. To see what the market will bear.
That is my biggest worry. We wait around and get the sticker shock. Only time will tell...

I have not heard from a single person on the forum that has a Zo6 order placed with him.
Old 09-19-2014, 04:20 PM
dtgaskal
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Ever time I am out to his dealership he is always busy, I think they sold over 400 C7's last year. I think this thing is just going to require everyone to chill out and let the process unfold. Not everyone is going to be first in line.
Old 09-19-2014, 04:56 PM
NoOne
Team Owner

Originally Posted by dtgaskal
Ever time I am out to his dealership he is always busy, I think they sold over 400 C7's last year. I think this thing is just going to require everyone to chill out and let the process unfold. Not everyone is going to be first in line.
And I bought one of the 400. This is not a new issue.

I understand being busy but everyone else is placing orders and we have heard nothing.

If they come back at over MSRP the blowback will be way worse than the other dealer that originally was doing more. We all have no reason to believe it's MSRP so you wait because we were told there were spots for previous buyers. Then its not over MSRP and other cars are sold.

Not saying thats going to happen but patiently waiting while others have plenty of orders in the system makes me wonder.

They have been ordering no cars at all this entire time?
Old 09-19-2014, 04:58 PM
NoOne
Team Owner

Originally Posted by lawdogg149
That is my biggest worry. We wait around and get the sticker shock. Only time will tell...

I have not heard from a single person on the forum that has a Zo6 order placed with him.
And that concerns me....the forum is not the entire Corvette owner community but you figure someone would have said something.

Even an email to say they will be MSRP.
Old 09-19-2014, 05:19 PM
ZL-1
Safety Car

Received 184 Likes on 122 Posts

One way of prioritizing would be to enter stock orders for the first Z06 consensus so the dealer would have the first Z06s in stock at "market price" markups. Then at later consensuses start entering customer orders sold at MSRP.
Old 09-19-2014, 07:36 PM
NoOne
Team Owner

Originally Posted by ZL-1
One way of prioritizing would be to enter stock orders for the first Z06 consensus so the dealer would have the first Z06s in stock at "market price" markups. Then at later consensuses start entering customer orders sold at MSRP.
I'd be fine with that, suppose others would not but to me it doesn't matter because I do not want a car till April.
Old 09-19-2014, 08:25 PM
OVR60
Burning Brakes

Received 105 Likes on 91 Posts
Default same here, same story, same wait, just trying to be patient, must be reasons

Previous customer as well. No response, either, but must be reason, but wish we could receive something that allows us to feel, we are not forgotten. Will patiently wait.....hope to hear soon !
Have to keep in mind that the salesman is only the middle man and GM rules the roost. There are lots of problems going now and just assuming GM is being very cautious about all. So, just hang in there folks, sooner or later , we will get a call or e mail. It is up to you !

Last edited by OVR60; 09-20-2014 at 06:15 PM.
Old 09-19-2014, 08:53 PM
tractorguy
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by OVR60
Precious customer as well. No response, either, but must be reason, but wish we could receive something that allows us to feel, we are not forgotten. Will patiently wait.....hope to hear soon !
Have to keep in mind that the salesman is only the middle man and GM rules the roost. There are lots of problems going now and just assuming GM is being very cautious about all. So, just hang in there folks, sooner or later , we will get a call or e mail. It is up to you !
Takes a lifetime to build a reputation but you can lose one in a few seconds. Why is everyone begging? Wait a while and you can buy all of them you want if you have the money!!
Old 09-20-2014, 03:07 PM
RickConti@Coughlin
Safety Car

Received 1,554 Likes on 557 Posts

These forums just out of control….guys….we have been very transparent with the process a year ago…asking IF you were interested in a Z06, to email us and we have been sending us an email and we have been emailing everyone proper info , release dates, etc on the new car.

We did not even take over 350 deposits (that I could have ) because we wanted to be sure we could get you the car.

I also mentioned when started tagging allocations, THIS WOULD BE A PROCESS and already the first week of allocation release has generated; and I told you so, constraints and delays.

Our process was clearly posted on my site after meeting with the owners;

If you are on that list and want a car, you need to contact us back and let us know – I have a separate database for you specifically , if you want to be on the list for extra opportunities THAT WILL COME & ALREADY HAVE UP, please email me

rickconti@coughlincars.com

We can no longer even enter an automatic coupe order, GM has the system blocked from accepting them – convertibles same thing. So we are keeping those that are getting cars in a special database and informing you when we can move forward.

We are thankfully busy trying to do regular Corvette business, the 2015’s are coming and those have huge constraints too, my deliveries are 3 + hours and doing all we can to communicate with folks….our time has been compromised a lot lately….we’ll have some really nice , long conversations with people and then they say
“ Thanks, that’s all I needed, I have an order with my dealer here in Texas, etc and they did not have half the answers to the questions you gave me….”

We enjoy the conversation, but every minute to take care of our customers is very precious…80% of my business is out of state and does require many additional calls, emails, etc

I know how valuable the phone time is, but we are contacting you as needed to not waste time or interrupt the flow of keeping business going is all. If you have a questions please ask..email text me or Bethany…

This first week of allocations for Z06 is a pain in the butt….everyone seems to want Z07 and I get 1 out of 10 allocations released to us …wow….

I know everyone is excited, me too…most incredible car, but we cannot make the process move any faster than what is given to us from GM, regardless s of your intent.

Thanks for the understanding and opportunities….

NOW THOSE LOOKING FOR Z06 AND AN IMMEDIATE ALLOCATION RELEASE

…. I have a few spots left this week..

NO Z07
NO AUTOMATIC ( that’s for everyone)
2 CFZ PKGS AVAILABLE
and happy to help

have to get back to work gang, two more clients coming in today.....

Get notified of new replies

To Has anyone gotten a call from Conti?

Quick Reply: Has anyone gotten a call from Conti?