C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Arctic White vs. Black

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2014, 02:38 PM
realwhiz
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Arctic White vs. Black

I'm ready to place my order for the Z06 but I'm really confused about which color to go with. I currently have a black 14' with adrenaline interior and red calibers. I really love it but in trading up to the Z06 I think the black looses all the beautiful lines and the white is the only other one I would consider. I like to hear your thoughts on the two colors and for resale, which do you think would be easier to sell down the line?

Thanks!
Old 09-12-2014, 03:00 PM
nethomas
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

I have a Cyber gray 14 and really like the color, but I am going actic white with red interior for the Z06. The cabon flash vents, spoiler etc really "pop" on the white. I am afraid they would be lost with the black.
Old 09-12-2014, 03:06 PM
realwhiz
Instructor

Originally Posted by nethomas
I have a Cyber gray 14 and really like the color, but I am going actic white with red interior for the Z06. The cabon flash vents, spoiler etc really "pop" on the white. I am afraid they would be lost with the black.
Actually that was my next question, whether or not the red interior with red caliber goes with the artic white? If I go with the artic white, I'm thinking black interior and black calibers?
Old 09-12-2014, 03:06 PM
BOBSZ06
Le Mans Master

Received 319 Likes on 205 Posts

Going with the Black and the Shark Gray vents! Will also highlight the aero edges with Shark Gray. May add a Shark Gray stinger hood stripe.
Old 09-12-2014, 03:13 PM
realwhiz
Instructor

Originally Posted by BOBSZ06
Going with the Black and the Shark Gray vents! Will also highlight the aero edges with Shark Gray. May add a Shark Gray stinger hood stripe.
Nice, I hadn't thought about that? Now that opens up the door again for black! Would you do the carbon fiber ground affects or carbon flash?
Old 09-12-2014, 03:15 PM
BOBSZ06
Le Mans Master

I will be going with carbon flash and put a Shark Gray edge on them to highlight them. From a distance they will be visible and up close looking down you will see the carbon flash.
Old 09-12-2014, 03:19 PM
realwhiz
Instructor

Originally Posted by BOBSZ06
I will be going with carbon flash and put a Shark Gray edge on them to highlight them. From a distance they will be visible and up close looking down you will see the carbon flash.
How would you put a shark gray edge on them? GM or after market doing? It would really help if chevy would put up a build so that you can get an idea of what that would look like? Have you seen a picture of that configuration anywhere?

Thanks Bob!
Old 09-12-2014, 03:21 PM
nethomas
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

The Stingray corvette forum has some pics of the arctic white where you can see the red calipers. Also some pics of the red interior, but they aren't close up.
Old 09-12-2014, 03:25 PM
realwhiz
Instructor

Originally Posted by nethomas
The Stingray corvette forum has some pics of the arctic white where you can see the red calipers. Also some pics of the red interior, but they aren't close up.
Yeah I saw those, very limited photos of Artic white and Black. Lots of yellow, red's and blues.
Old 09-12-2014, 03:42 PM
BOBSZ06
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by realwhiz
How would you put a shark gray edge on them? GM or after market doing? It would really help if chevy would put up a build so that you can get an idea of what that would look like? Have you seen a picture of that configuration anywhere?

Thanks Bob!

I will let a local body shop mask the edge off and paint it and then clear coat. Probably could do it myself.

I have not...just in my mind.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...e-accents.html
Old 09-12-2014, 04:59 PM
docf
Burning Brakes

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

I'm ready to place my order for the Z06 but I'm really confused about which color to go with. I currently have a black 14' with adrenaline interior and red calibers. I really love it but in trading up to the Z06 I think the black looses all the beautiful lines and the white is the only other one I would consider. I like to hear your thoughts on the two colors and for resale, which do you think would be easier to sell down the line?

Thanks!
I changed my Black exterior Z06 order this am. for the very reason you cited. I went however to the new Shark Grey exterior with the Black leather seats after seeing a new Z51 15 with this combo. I like the subtle change from body color to black of the vents and rear of the car. I don't like the stark change of the real vibrant colors with the black rear valence etc.
Old 09-12-2014, 05:19 PM
DRLC5
Le Mans Master

Received 340 Likes on 226 Posts

I am going arctic white with red interior for the Z06. I think Black hides too much of the cars lines and the vents just blend in? But then again the new Z06 looks great in any color.
Old 09-12-2014, 05:39 PM
realwhiz
Instructor

Originally Posted by docf
I changed my Black exterior Z06 order this am. for the very reason you cited. I went however to the new Shark Grey exterior with the Black leather seats after seeing a new Z51 15 with this combo. I like the subtle change from body color to black of the vents and rear of the car. I don't like the stark change of the real vibrant colors with the black rear valence etc.
I'm curious, did you see that in person or online. If somewhere here on the forum would you mind sending me the link or tell me where I can find it?

Thanks!
Old 09-12-2014, 05:43 PM
realwhiz
Instructor

I'm curious, did you see that in person or online. If somewhere here on the forum would you mind sending me the link or tell me where I can find it?

Thanks!
Thanks but just found a picture from Kerbeck with all 3 greys. I guess they did away with the blade silver, too bad.
Old 09-12-2014, 06:13 PM
Stunt
Pro

Received 38 Likes on 14 Posts

They still have Blade Silver. Cyber Grey is the one they dropped in favor of Shark Grey.

I'm going Artic White w/yellow calipers myself with the standard wheels. Interior will be dark grey or blue. Not sure if blue will clash with the yellow calipers...
Old 09-12-2014, 10:16 PM
Foxer55
Drifting

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

Here is mine from the GM Preliminary Order page. It will have a blue interior and blue stripes. It sucked to have to get 3LZ just to get a blue interior.

Old 09-13-2014, 12:59 PM
dovervold
Melting Slicks

Received 232 Likes on 170 Posts

Originally Posted by docf
Nice choice, exactly what I am doing. Now, are you doing Black wheels and Red calipers. There is a Shark Gray thread in the general section. Check out the vert on page 3, absolutely stunning...

Get notified of new replies

To Arctic White vs. Black

Old 09-13-2014, 01:02 PM
Stingray23
Le Mans Master

Received 613 Likes on 228 Posts

Old 09-13-2014, 01:21 PM
docf
Burning Brakes

Default Straw Grey Visualized

Thanks!
I SAW THE COLOR (Straw Gray with black interior and red calibers) on a new )15 convertible (Z51) that had just come in to the dealership. After seeing the Combo I made my decision for the change I mentioned. The Straw grey hues change as to the position of the sun and also depending on the sun many times multi hues at the same time that highlight the cars lines. Truthfully I really liked the color.
Old 09-13-2014, 01:32 PM
docf
Burning Brakes

Default Wheel color

Originally Posted by dovervold
Nice choice, exactly what I am doing. Now, are you doing Black wheels and Red calipers. There is a Shark Gray thread in the general section. Check out the vert on page 3, absolutely stunning...
No I'm sticking with the stock satin silver painted wheel as that wheel that color reminds me of the competition wheels in that color on my Ferrari. I am attempting to limit the eye from picking up too much black. I like for instance the subtle change from the Shark grey rear to the black rear valence.

Quick Reply: Arctic White vs. Black