C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

What is the difference between the 2LZ and 3LZ packages

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2014, 11:45 AM
ALuckyMan
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What is the difference between the 2LZ and 3LZ packages

It isn't the easiest thing in the world to read and discover so let me be a student and sit at the feet of some really smart Corvette teachers. What is the difference between the 2LZ and 3LZ packages for the new Z06? I am not referring to price, but the options. I am wanting to place my order. I will be keeping mine for several years, so "bells and whistles" are important. But saving the 5K would be nice too. Thanks everyone for any help you can give!
Old 09-05-2014, 01:49 PM
KingMotley
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14

Originally Posted by ALuckyMan
It isn't the easiest thing in the world to read and discover so let me be a student and sit at the feet of some really smart Corvette teachers. What is the difference between the 2LZ and 3LZ packages for the new Z06? I am not referring to price, but the options. I am wanting to place my order. I will be keeping mine for several years, so "bells and whistles" are important. But saving the 5K would be nice too. Thanks everyone for any help you can give!
Assuming it is similar to the stingray (which I have no reason to doubt it is different), it is mainly a higher quality leather that is used in the interior, and if you have an interior that is not black, then more parts will also be that color as well. I believe the 3lt package also includes the navigation system standard while it is just an option on 2lt.

I may have missed something, but it is a start at least. GM Fleet site says this for the stingray 3lt:
Custom leather-wrapped interior trim
Napa leather seating surfaces
Navigation (optional on 1LT/2LT)3
Instrument panel in interior color

Last edited by KingMotley; 09-05-2014 at 01:52 PM.
Old 09-05-2014, 10:00 PM
93LT1
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The fact that a leather interior is not mentioned in any of the brochures or web sites leads me to believe the 2LZ doesn't contain any real leather other than the seats.

Old 09-05-2014, 10:16 PM
Kingspoke
Melting Slicks

Received 105 Likes on 67 Posts

The 3LZ pkg is $8,650 & the 2LZ is $3,270, leaving a gap of $5,380. Then subtract $1,795 for NAV/PDR, leaves $3,585, minus upper suede ($995 coupe & $495 vert), leaves a residual of $3,090 for the vert or $2,590 for the coupe.

Therefore you are paying the residue for the full leather wrap, but I don't know what that exactly that entails. I do know the seats are full leather on both packages.

Perhaps BobZ06 could clarify further.

Last edited by Kingspoke; 09-20-2014 at 12:18 AM. Reason: type o
Old 09-05-2014, 10:39 PM
CaryBob
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 345 Likes on 222 Posts

One difference is that 2LZ uses Mulan leather while 3LZ uses Napa leather. Precisely what difference that makes is unknown at this time.
Old 09-05-2014, 10:49 PM
tmbullet
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CaryBob
One difference is that 2LZ uses Mulan leather while 3LZ uses Napa leather. Precisely what difference that makes is unknown at this time.
Also can anyone verify that if you order 2lz you can't get the upper suede package? Dealer said was only available with 3lz? Does make sense than they have listed as standalone option. Any thoughts? Thanks
Old 09-06-2014, 01:04 AM
HolyRoller
Drifting

Received 39 Likes on 22 Posts

Probably what can best help you decide is to sit in a 2LT and then a 3LT Stingray, and then the other way around, a few times at a dealer or Corvette club. Experiencing each one firsthand will give you a much better idea of whether the 3 is worth the extra money over the 2, especially if you're considering a black interior. It's hard to tell the 3LT improvements in pictures without sitting in a black interior and appreciating it for yourself.
Old 09-06-2014, 02:22 AM
Kingspoke
Melting Slicks

Received 105 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by tmbullet
Also can anyone verify that if you order 2lz you can't get the upper suede package? Dealer said was only available with 3lz? Does make sense than they have listed as standalone option. Any thoughts? Thanks
It comes included in the 3LZ. The prices I mentioned are if you want that option on your 2LZ.
Old 09-06-2014, 03:03 AM
fasttoys
Melting Slicks

Received 1,260 Likes on 558 Posts

The leather in the 3LZ is very nice compared to the 2LZ leather seats and pleather surfaces. 3LZ will have all major surfaces in very soft Napa leather, doors, dash and side panels + Nav. IMO worth it if you have the money and you are keeping the car for an extended time. The extra money spread over many years of ownership is not that costly. Its noticeable when sitting in the car you can feel the difference. I am still going with the 1LZ with Nav & sport seats since I have an Alfa 4C on order and need to keep my expenses in check.. Good luck dealer thinks I will have my Z well before March of 2015...
Old 09-07-2014, 07:42 PM
dcher
Burning Brakes

Received 220 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by HolyRoller
Probably what can best help you decide is to sit in a 2LT and then a 3LT Stingray, and then the other way around, a few times at a dealer or Corvette club. Experiencing each one firsthand will give you a much better idea of whether the 3 is worth the extra money over the 2, especially if you're considering a black interior. It's hard to tell the 3LT improvements in pictures without sitting in a black interior and appreciating it for yourself.
I just got back from my local dealer. They had identical C7 verts except one had black 2LT and the other had black 3LT. So I had chance to compare leather quality and feel etc side by side. I sat in both and studied them carefully. I must admit the Napa leather on the 3LT is clearly superior. The grain is much finer and it feels much smoother. I was actually surprised. I am sold on the 3LZ for my car. It's going to be 3LZ Kalahari with white exterior, black wheels, aero ground effects, auto trans and most importantly MSRP
Old 09-19-2014, 10:30 AM
BOBSZ06
Le Mans Master

Received 319 Likes on 205 Posts

Interiors......

Last edited by BOBSZ06; 09-11-2015 at 09:52 AM.

Get notified of new replies

To What is the difference between the 2LZ and 3LZ packages

Quick Reply: What is the difference between the 2LZ and 3LZ packages