C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

It's official - allocations posted

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2014, 11:51 AM
Glenn Quagmire
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 604 Likes on 283 Posts

Default Allocations Posted - Orders Begin 9/18

Just received this:

The Chevrolet team is excited to announce ordering and allocation details for the 2015 Corvette Z06.
To allow you to set expectations for your customers, an estimated production guide number for the 2015 Corvette Z06 coupe and convertible (Z06 allocation group) will be posted under the “ communications ” tab of GMPrograminfo.com.

The estimated production guide number is calculated based on each participating dealers’ Corvette retail sales (new and unused) over the past 12 months (August 2013 thru July 2014.) The estimated production guide number for the 2015 Corvette Z06 covers production for the entire 2015 production run (expected to end mid-year 2015) and includes both coupe and convertible models.
Please keep in mind that the estimated production guide number is based on Chevrolet’s estimated production schedule, which remains subject to change. Many factors affect the actual production quantities, including but not limited to product and part constraints, government requirements and evolving marketplace conditions. Therefore, this estimate is not a volume commitment. Chevrolet reserves the right to change the Corvette Z06 distribution plan or the timing for implementation of that plan from time to time at its sole business discretion.

Ordering and Availability
First order submission for the 2015 Z06 in the Dealer Order Submission Process will be September 18, 2014. Please be aware that only Z06 Coupe with Manual Transmission will be available to order for this first DOSP cycle. We anticipate that both the 8-Speed Automatic Transmission and Convertible models will be available in 1-2 months after this first DOSP.
Furthermore, participating dealers should be aware of any other production constraints that may impact the ability to fulfill certain order configurations, and should avoid making commitments to customers until the allocation and constraints are available to the dealer in the weekly order placement cycle. Please monitor the weekly constraint guide for latest constraint status.

Vehicle Brokering
Chevrolet wants to remind each of you of GM’s Transactional Integrity Letter dated February 15, 2013 (Global Connect Message G_0000159240). This purpose of that letter was to remind dealers of certain provisions of the GM Dealer Agreement. In the Dealer Agreement each dealer makes a commitment to (1) ethically and lawfully conduct its vehicle sales transactions, (2) submit accurate claims, applications, reports and vehicle orders to GM, and (3) not to sell vehicles for resale or through brokers or resellers. GM believes, and most dealers agree, with this pragmatic policy.

The excitement around the 2015 Corvette Z06 continues to grow, and your full participation in the sales, servicing and ordering of the Corvette Z06 will allow momentum to continue for years to come.

Bear in mind that this does not tell the dealer which month his units will be allocated. This requires the dealer to check regularly (usually every week or two).

Last edited by Glenn Quagmire; 09-02-2014 at 12:02 PM.
Old 09-02-2014, 12:03 PM
ChevyChad
Melting Slicks

Received 1,303 Likes on 532 Posts

Have to log in to www.GMPrograminfo.com.. Could someone please post the info perhaps?
Old 09-02-2014, 12:11 PM
Glenn Quagmire
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by ChevyChad
Have to log in to www.GMPrograminfo.com.. Could someone please post the info perhaps?
Not sure what you mean?
Old 09-02-2014, 12:23 PM
ChevyChad
Melting Slicks

Received 1,303 Likes on 532 Posts

This thread was informing that allocations have been posted. Your post says to see these allocations, you have to go to that website.

I went to that website and I can not see them because you need a username and password.

This thread is pretty much pointless if there is no information in it.

Old 09-02-2014, 12:50 PM
JoesC5
Team Owner

Received 1,700 Likes on 1,214 Posts

So, how many 2014s did your dealer sell during the named period and how many Z06's is he allocated?

Since you have the "sources", how about that same information about my local dealer, Reliable Chevrolet?
Old 09-02-2014, 01:00 PM
Glenn Quagmire
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by JoesC5
So, how many 2014s did your dealer sell during the named period and how many Z06's is he allocated?

Since you have the "sources", how about that same information about my local dealer, Reliable Chevrolet?
Call your dealer...

This thread was informing that allocations have been posted. Your post says to see these allocations, you have to go to that website.

I went to that website and I can not see them because you need a username and password.

This thread is pretty much pointless if there is no information in it.

The reason you can't login is because you have to be a dealer. The point of the post is to let people know what GM has told their dealers. Any specific info you need, should come from your dealer. Sorry for your confusion.

Last edited by Glenn Quagmire; 09-02-2014 at 01:04 PM.
Old 09-02-2014, 01:01 PM
JoesC5
Team Owner

Received 1,700 Likes on 1,214 Posts

Originally Posted by Glenn Quagmire
I don't know, call Wes Milby or Randy Hargiss. Why would/should I do any work for your benefit?

The reason you can't login is because you have to be a dealer. The point of the post is to let people know what GM has told their dealers. Any specific info you need, should come from your dealer. Sorry for your confusion.
Because you have the "sources". That's why.
Old 09-02-2014, 01:06 PM
Glenn Quagmire
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by JoesC5
Because you have the "sources". That's why.
I'm sure you're quite capable of handling your own affairs.
Old 09-02-2014, 02:58 PM
bluedevil 1
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default numbers

Just got off the phone with my dealer. He is getting 16 Z06's for this model year. Since I am number 1 on his list, it appears as though I will get mine. Good luck to all
Old 09-02-2014, 03:13 PM
G352C6
Burning Brakes

Received 31 Likes on 18 Posts

Yeah! My dealer has 33 allocated. I'm #4 on the list for auto coupe. Hoping to get it by the 3rd week of December.

IMO, they should produce the autos first since it is the faster car and should get better reviews unless there are constraints or mechanical issues.
Old 09-02-2014, 03:40 PM
Glenn Quagmire
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by bluedevil 1
Just got off the phone with my dealer. He is getting 16 Z06's for this model year. Since I am number 1 on his list, it appears as though I will get mine. Good luck to all
Originally Posted by G352C6
Yeah! My dealer has 33 allocated. I'm #4 on the list for auto coupe. Hoping to get it by the 3rd week of December.

IMO, they should produce the autos first since it is the faster car and should get better reviews unless there are constraints or mechanical issues.
Big congrats to both of you guys! The hard part will be waiting for them to show up...and in my case, staring at it throughout the Winter
Old 09-02-2014, 03:48 PM
Z0Sick6
Le Mans Master

Location: North/Central NJ - a.k.a. Gotti in the CFNE section
Received 1,562 Likes on 531 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05

is it 10% of 2014 stingray sales?
Old 09-02-2014, 04:20 PM
OH THREE Z
Melting Slicks

Received 478 Likes on 280 Posts
2018 C4 of Year Finalist

Thanks for the info Glenn... Was wondering if you could answer this.

Your last sentence in post 1 touches on this , but for clarification does the preliminary orders that have been placed before today automatically get "picked up" once one of the dealers allocations are scheduled for production?

I am going to my dealer (#1 on their list) list tomorrow to spec my car and just was curious if it is something that requires someone to be awake at the wheel or again, since the order will be submitted does it automatically get broadcast for production once the allocation is granted

Hope my question makes sense. I've been through many ordered cars so I have a pretty good handle concerning the process... but many here have not and I know that your info has been helpful to them

Mike

PS. Gigidddidy! !
Old 09-02-2014, 04:26 PM
OH THREE Z
Melting Slicks

2018 C4 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by Z0Sick6
is it 10% of 2014 stingray sales?
My guess is their target is 20% of production once everything is running at full bore.... but that number will be will be lower for 2015 as production is starting late.
Old 09-02-2014, 06:21 PM
Glenn Quagmire
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by OH THREE Z
Thanks for the info Glenn... Was wondering if you could answer this.

Your last sentence in post 1 touches on this , but for clarification does the preliminary orders that have been placed before today automatically get "picked up" once one of the dealers allocations are scheduled for production?

I am going to my dealer (#1 on their list) list tomorrow to spec my car and just was curious if it is something that requires someone to be awake at the wheel or again, since the order will be submitted does it automatically get broadcast for production once the allocation is granted

Hope my question makes sense. I've been through many ordered cars so I have a pretty good handle concerning the process... but many here have not and I know that your info has been helpful to them

Mike

PS. Gigidddidy! !
Hey Mike,

So, the dealers found out today how many allocations they will get for the model year, but don't know yet when they will get them. When their allocation(s) become available for a given month, they will have to look at who they have made promises to, and what those individual build sheets look like, and lay that over the build constraints. In effect, you could have already "ordered" your car with a dealer who has 20 sold orders ahead of you, but still get your car way before anyone else.

It's a bit of a luck of the draw at the moment. The guy who isn't dead set on building his car a certain way...AND can predict the future, might just be the first one to show his off. You can game the system a bit now, if you select a manual tranny, because the autos have been delayed for at least a month.

Right now, no one seems to know what items will be constrained. So, if your dealer calls and says it's your turn, be prepared to either settle on exactly what you want and run the risk of waiting, or have an alternative game plan in your back pocket.
Old 09-02-2014, 07:09 PM
OH THREE Z
Melting Slicks

2018 C4 of Year Finalist

Thanks... i feel like I have a car picked out that shouldn't have too many constraint hurdles to overcome... but ya never know.

Comp seats, standard roof, and either aero finish are my gotta have deal breakers... i can work around the other stuff.

Thanks and good luck to you and everyone else waiting for this car... The next 3 months are going to be fun.... lots of grown men acting like 8 year olds waiting their presents before Christmas
Old 09-02-2014, 07:25 PM
nethomas
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

I hope GM gets a website soon so we can go to it and "build the car". Sure I know pretty much what I want now, but I would certainly like to see it before I just blindly order.

Get notified of new replies

To It's official - allocations posted

Old 09-02-2014, 07:34 PM
Lippincott
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by G352C6

Ordering and Availability

First order submission for the 2015 Z06 in the Dealer Order Submission Process will be September 18, 2014. Please be aware that only Z06 Coupe with Manual Transmission will be available to order for this first DOSP cycle. We anticipate that both the 8-Speed Automatic Transmission and Convertible models will be available in 1-2 months after this first DOSP.

Furthermore, participating dealers should be aware of any other production constraints that may impact the ability to fulfill certain order configurations, and should avoid making commitments to customers until the allocation and constraints are available to the dealer in the weekly order placement cycle. Please monitor the weekly constraint guide for latest constraint status.
Old 09-02-2014, 07:44 PM
Glenn Quagmire
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by OH THREE Z
Thanks... i feel like I have a car picked out that shouldn't have too many constraint hurdles to overcome... but ya never know.

Comp seats, standard roof, and either aero finish are my gotta have deal breakers... i can work around the other stuff.
Rumors are that the standard roof and AE4 (comp seats w/ suede inserts) could be hard to get right away. My fingers are crossed...
Old 09-02-2014, 07:53 PM
Toilets
Drifting

Received 48 Likes on 36 Posts

http://m.chevrolet.com/order-tracking-results.

How does this site work? I got a preliminary order # however I do not see it in this tracker.

Quick Reply: It's official - allocations posted