C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

White Z06 at Carlisle

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2014, 06:00 PM
Clobber
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default White Z06 at Carlisle

Sorry for the quality. I have a few more but they are up too close.

Album of more photos: http://imgur.com/a/HK4sM
Attached Images  

Last edited by Clobber; 08-23-2014 at 06:02 PM.
Old 08-23-2014, 07:47 PM
Caddylac10
Racer

Thanks for the pics! I've been waiting for white. The C7 looks fantastic in white with the contrasting black aero and cooling bits.
Old 08-23-2014, 08:21 PM
DRLC5
Le Mans Master

Received 340 Likes on 226 Posts

White is my first color choice, Really looks good with the black contrasting and black wheels.
Old 08-23-2014, 08:42 PM
william wyatt
Burning Brakes

Received 319 Likes on 147 Posts

If we could ever get someone with a nice camera or video i bet white looks nice.
Old 08-23-2014, 09:03 PM
Stingray23
Le Mans Master

Received 606 Likes on 225 Posts

Those pics look like they were taken in the 70's.lol
Old 08-23-2014, 09:11 PM
tws
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

looks a lot like a stingray! Can grandma tell the difference?
Old 08-23-2014, 09:37 PM
musclecar6
Le Mans Master

Received 148 Likes on 104 Posts

I love white vettes ( I've had 2, a 94 and a 99), and I love the new Z06 pearl nickel wheels, so to me those black wheels are just plain fugly and destroy the looks of that car ( obviously the large group of vette lovers think they are beautiful. Good thing there is something for everyone to like).
Old 08-23-2014, 09:52 PM
LS1LT1
Team Owner

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

I was at Carlisle today and spent some time around that white Z06 as well. very nice.
Also sat in a 2015 C7 LT1 8 speed and the feel/action of the paddles was amazing from what I could tell (car wasn't running of course). Might even be identical to 2014 6 speed automatic's paddles but I just don't remember them feeling quite that good.
Old 08-23-2014, 10:32 PM
kalvin06
Intermediate

I got a couple I took today. The car is beautiful. I'm no professional though, and my camera is older point and shoot digital

Old 08-23-2014, 11:37 PM
TacDoc
Racer

Add DTH and that will be mine...
Old 08-23-2014, 11:38 PM
sesame60
Intermediate

I was checking out the pictures and thinking to myself the car looks good in white but not great. Why?

There are other cars out that look stunning with this color combination yet there was something about the Corvette that just wasn't right to me.

Then it finally dawned on me why it didn't appear great looking. The wheels are too black and need some contrast! In fact they are so black that in the first photo it looks like the car has no wheels and the body of the car is suspended in air.

I have seen pictures of the Jaguar F-Type R Coupe in the same color combo and the wheels are black and grey so you can see the outline of the rim and the spoke design. It looks fantastic.

Wish GM had a wheel option like this for the Z06. Otherwise the car is perfect!
Old 08-23-2014, 11:53 PM
ZL-1
Safety Car

Received 184 Likes on 122 Posts

Originally Posted by sesame60
... in the first photo it looks like the car has no wheels and the body of the car is suspended in air.

I have seen pictures of the Jaguar F-Type R Coupe in the same color combo and the wheels are black and grey so you can see the outline of the rim and the spoke design. It looks fantastic.

Invisible wheels are a popular styling trend right now. It makes the car look like it is floating with no wheels, a clean look in a way. Those who still consider wheels to be "jewelry for the car" are in the minority. Trends tend to change; maybe stylish and visible wheels will eventually become popular again
Old 08-24-2014, 12:00 AM
Paulchristian
Melting Slicks

Received 174 Likes on 121 Posts

I think another forum member hit the nail on the head when he stated the car somehow looks too much like the base car in white. Personally, I think GM has needed a new white for some time now. No depth to the color whatsoever...it's the same white you see on the "plain jane" Chevy Astro work vans of the 90's/2000's

It's time for a new white with some pizazz and depth...just my 2 cents.
Old 08-24-2014, 12:12 AM
ZL-1
Safety Car

Received 184 Likes on 122 Posts

Interesting point. Back around 1990 they built a few special ZR-1 prototypes with active suspension developed in conjunction with Lotus. The cars were painted pearlescent white. The parts actually appeared briefly in the parts catalog before the program was cancelled. The pearl white gave those Corvettes a premium upscale look. If this 3stage color was offered it would definitely give a more premium luxury look to a loaded up 3LT or 3LZ. It's not racy though, performance models would look better in plain Arctic white.

Last edited by ZL-1; 08-24-2014 at 12:21 AM.
Old 08-24-2014, 12:13 AM
Higgs Boson
Race Director

Received 2,379 Likes on 1,238 Posts

I was checking out the pictures and thinking to myself the car looks good in white but not great. Why?

There are other cars out that look stunning with this color combination yet there was something about the Corvette that just wasn't right to me.

Then it finally dawned on me why it didn't appear great looking. The wheels are too black and need some contrast! In fact they are so black that in the first photo it looks like the car has no wheels and the body of the car is suspended in air.

it only looks like that in pictures. this is because the camera and the JPEG it renders does not have enough dynamic range to distinguish details in the brights and darks....it neutralizes it.

your eyes will see it properly and you will be like, damnnnnnnnnn. looks nice.
Old 08-24-2014, 12:17 AM
Paulchristian
Melting Slicks

Received 174 Likes on 121 Posts

Originally Posted by ZL-1
Interesting point. Back around 1990 they built a few special ZR-1 prototypes with active suspension developed in conjunction with Lotus. The cars were painted pearlescent white. The parts actually appeared briefly in the parts catalog before the program was cancelled. Those Corvettes looked great in pearl white. If this 3stage color was offered it would definitely give a more premium luxury look to a loaded up 3LT Or 3LZ. It's not racy though, performance models would look better in plain Arctic white.

I wasn't referring to pearl at all...just a somewhat darker/richer white.
Old 08-24-2014, 08:39 AM
JerriVette
Race Director

Received 3,948 Likes on 2,177 Posts

I agree with you and I believe gm has other wheels for the z06 that we saw at the auto shows this past year...

Black wheels with a polished lip give just enough outline to separate visually the vehicle from the tires...

That would be my choice and others can go all blacked out if they prefer...

Differences in opinions make the world go around

White c7 s do look awesome.

Get notified of new replies

To White Z06 at Carlisle

Old 08-24-2014, 08:43 AM
forg0tmypen
Safety Car

Received 45 Likes on 10 Posts

I agree with others. Too much like the base car. White with red interior is also a no no for me.
Old 08-24-2014, 10:23 AM
1991Z07
Safety Car

Received 72 Likes on 49 Posts

I have no problem with white...any time I'm at the track I'm usually the ONLY white car out there.

My C7Z07 will be AW with grey interior to match my '91 Z07...matching stable mates.

But it would be nice if they allowed the White Diamond as an upgrade color. We have it on our Denali and it is stunning.
Old 08-24-2014, 10:56 AM
Bad_AX
Burning Brakes

Received 99 Likes on 77 Posts

Some observations from Carlisle:

- GM is confusing things right out of the gate with the New Z06. Example: I thought the red car in the picture on post #1 was a base specification Z06 and stupidly asked one of the engineers if the brakes were the same as the Z51. I was informed that car is a Z51 with the new "Optional" splitter from the Z06. It fooled me! Pays to read the signs because the cars look very similar.

- The aero bits on the Z06 are appallingly cheap looking. Worse than I expected. The front fender extensions are particularly bad. They feel as cheap as they look, and the plastic spikes that they clip on inside the finders will easily break off. Guys who want to mount wider wheels and tires, be careful. The interface between the fender extension and the splitter with the tall winglets is awful. The splitter simply goes over the extension which is already tacked on to the body work. I know this car is priced from $80-$100K, but that is shameful. The rear spoiler looks like its screwed together with screws from Ace Hardware and a cordless driver. Tacky and very unrefined. The Ace screws are also used on the splitter end caps. Looks like a snap-togehter toy.

- The under-hood aesthetics are worse than ever. There seems to be more pipes, wires and hoses than on the ZR1. To be fair, I rated the C6 generation pretty low in this department. Katech did have a better looking LT1 valve cover on display, so there is some hope!

- I was very surprised to find less legroom than my C6Z! With a longer wheelbase, I didn't expect this. Taller drivers may be disappointed.

- The area most improved from the C6 is definitely the interior. Whether or not you like the styling, the materials and workmanship are a big step forward. When you get in the C7s they actually smell like leather inside. Still, small things disappoint me. For example, when shut hard, the interior door panels shake noticeably. This has been a feature of many GM two door cars for generations. Getting in the C7 and seeing a blank rectangular screen in place of a speedometer and tachometer is just weird. I will never get used to this, but I expect it will become more common. I just don't buy the line that they couldn't get a tach that would respond fast enough ??? I would rather have all the gee whiz racer stuff in the center stack and just have one screen.

- I like the new steering wheel a lot better. Does anyone know if these will bolt into the C6?

- I have been expecting the back-end styling to grow on me with the passage of time, but I now realize it won't happen. That's just me, others love it.

One of the GM engineers ask me how I liked the new Z06. I didn't sugar coat it, and her facial expressions were interesting to see. I'm not a politician, but I think that is the kind of response that's acceptable. The King doesn't like hearing that he has no clothes. I was asked the same question at Katech, and I replied that I was incredibly disappointed that the C7 Z06 was FI, and they acknowledged they were hearing that "a lot". They are going to offer a 427 NA LT1 engine as a drop-in replacement for the SC LT1 for the hard core guys.

I apologize if this is overly negative and I expect to get slapped around for posting my honest thoughts, but with 9 years to develop this car, I expected a lot more.

Last edited by Bad_AX; 08-24-2014 at 12:01 PM.

Quick Reply: White Z06 at Carlisle