C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

ALERT!!!! ZO6 at Laguna Seca for the Monterey Historics

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2014, 10:24 PM
skank
Melting Slicks

Received 1,157 Likes on 516 Posts

Default ALERT!!!! ZO6 at Laguna Seca for the Monterey Historics

There is a yellow ZO6 at the Main front straight pit garages on display. Also the original blue ZO6. Next to them are the new Z28 and original Z28 Camaro's. They have a very nice display and Corvette representatives will be there to present and discuss the ZO6 and Z28. The ZO6 looks incredible. Pictures do not do that car justice. First time I've seen the car in person. WOW !!!!
Old 08-13-2014, 10:35 PM
LouieM
Race Director

Received 3,050 Likes on 1,255 Posts

Thanks! I'll be sure to cruise by on Saturday!
Old 08-13-2014, 11:02 PM
okiedude
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Wonder if it's the same car that was at Daytona in January? It was awesome.
Old 08-14-2014, 12:07 AM
Hirohawa
Le Mans Master

Received 248 Likes on 158 Posts

How long will it be there. Want to try to check it out.

TFS
Old 08-14-2014, 12:24 AM
LS1LT1
Team Owner

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

I should be seeing one or two of them at Corvettes of Carlisle in about 8 days.
Old 08-14-2014, 01:42 AM
skank
Melting Slicks

Received 1,157 Likes on 516 Posts

Originally Posted by Hirohawa
How long will it be there. Want to try to check it out.

TFS
They said it will be here at least until Sunday. I will check with them on Friday if they are going to move it to any other show on the peninsula(Concour D' Elegance Concept location at Pebble Beach). There are numerous shows going on all over on the Monterey Peninsula this week.

Last edited by skank; 08-14-2014 at 06:54 AM.
Old 08-14-2014, 10:25 AM
Z06Ronald
Melting Slicks

Received 39 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by okiedude
Wonder if it's the same car that was at Daytona in January? It was awesome.
IIRC the Z06 @ Daytona was Shark Grey instead of Velocity Yellow?
Old 08-14-2014, 11:22 AM
Les
Race Director

Received 961 Likes on 571 Posts

Originally Posted by skank
They said it will be here at least until Sunday. I will check with them on Friday if they are going to move it to any other show on the peninsula(Concour D' Elegance Concept location at Pebble Beach). There are numerous shows going on all over on the Monterey Peninsula this week.
I'll be there Saturday. Now I'm stoked! Thanks for the heads up.
Old 08-14-2014, 04:07 PM
Daekwan06
Safety Car

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by skank
There is a yellow ZO6 at the Main front straight pit garages on display. Also the original blue ZO6. Next to them are the new Z28 and original Z28 Camaro's. They have a very nice display and Corvette representatives will be there to present and discuss the ZO6 and Z28. The ZO6 looks incredible. Pictures do not do that car justice. First time I've seen the car in person. WOW !!!!
The yellow is the original. That and the shark grey car were unveiled at the Detroit Auto show in January this year.

The blue car is fairly new. The blue convertible debuted at the NY Auto show in April.
Old 08-17-2014, 01:58 PM
tunaman
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 110 Likes on 78 Posts

Had a chance yesterday, as did several thousand judging from the crowds there the two trips I made to the paddock, to see the Z in person. All I can say is that it is love at first sight. It looks far better in person, and I spent a long time examining every detail I could realizing that this was a mule and there are likely subtle changes to the production models coming off the line when they get rolling.

Nice that they let everyone maul the car in nearly every conceivable way... Nearly everyone took the opportunity to sit in the cockpit, and it felt great as expected. Used to the feel, since we have a Stingray already, but this was the first time I have been able to sit in the competition seats and they fit very nicely.

It will still be interesting to see how the interior designs play out, and whether I care for their "driver-focused design" treatment or not, but I absolutely loved what I saw and look forward to ordering mine in 2017.

Thanks for posting up the notice that it was there, as that was my most anticipated experience for the day and I was not disappointed!

I even got a Z06 lapel pin that they were sparingly and selectively handing out!
Old 08-17-2014, 02:16 PM
tunaman
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 110 Likes on 78 Posts

Oh, and as for the cheap plastic fender extensions, I suspect there will be a significant aftermarket demand for matching exposed carbon fiber replacements which will then be a nice appearance upgrade to compliment the splitter and skirts! I'll be first in line when they hit the market.
Old 08-18-2014, 12:34 AM
Les
Race Director

Received 961 Likes on 571 Posts

Originally Posted by tunaman
Had a chance yesterday, as did several thousand judging from the crowds there the two trips I made to the paddock, to see the Z in person. All I can say is that it is love at first sight. It looks far better in person, and I spent a long time examining every detail I could realizing that this was a mule and there are likely subtle changes to the production models coming off the line when they get rolling.

Nice that they let everyone maul the car in nearly every conceivable way... Nearly everyone took the opportunity to sit in the cockpit, and it felt great as expected. Used to the feel, since we have a Stingray already, but this was the first time I have been able to sit in the competition seats and they fit very nicely.

It will still be interesting to see how the interior designs play out, and whether I care for their "driver-focused design" treatment or not, but I absolutely loved what I saw and look forward to ordering mine in 2017.

Thanks for posting up the notice that it was there, as that was my most anticipated experience for the day and I was not disappointed!

I even got a Z06 lapel pin that they were sparingly and selectively handing out!
I was there checking the Z06 out fairly early in the morning Saturday. The crowd was very light still so it was easy to get a good look, although I didn't sit in it. I was still looking at it from the front when my buddy said "Hey Les, check it out.". I turned and saw Ron Fellows and Peter & Gary Klutt standing 4-5 feet away. Peter and Gary looked up, smiled and shook our hands. Nobody else was really near by and they were in no rush to leave, so we ended up chatting and laughing it up for a few minutes. These guys were like any other car guys- very friendly, conversational, and truly nice guys. We were literally rubbing elbows and just having fun. I was really impressed with how down to earth they were. That was an unexpected treat. For anybody who doesn't know of them or their TV show, here's a short video-
Originally Posted by tunaman
Oh, and as for the cheap plastic fender extensions, I suspect there will be a significant aftermarket demand for matching exposed carbon fiber replacements which will then be a nice appearance upgrade to compliment the splitter and skirts! I'll be first in line when they hit the market.
I wasn't a fan of that part of the car when I saw the photos and, now that I've seen it in person, I can say that my opinion hasn't changed. However, the rest of the car looks pretty freakin' wicked!
Old 08-18-2014, 06:02 PM
Bobs69BB
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 4 Posts

With new Z28 in background ...

Old 08-18-2014, 06:26 PM
Z06Ronald
Melting Slicks

^^^
Old 08-18-2014, 07:48 PM
GForensic
Advanced

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Z06Ronald
^^^

That's quite a puddle you have going there ronald!

Kick ***!!! Can't wait to get one!!

Great job GM!
Old 08-19-2014, 04:52 AM
Z06Ronald
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by GForensic
That's quite a puddle you have going there ronald!
Old 08-19-2014, 05:28 AM
Darius
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

Yellow is my least favorite color, but damn it looks good in it. Maybe because that's all I've really seen. Can't wait to see real life pics of other colors.

Get notified of new replies

To ALERT!!!! ZO6 at Laguna Seca for the Monterey Historics

Old 08-19-2014, 11:34 AM
bigdog1250
Instructor

Received 23 Likes on 7 Posts

That thing is a beast! Wish I would have seen this thread while I was down there, definitely would have stopped by.
Old 08-19-2014, 03:23 PM
william wyatt
Burning Brakes

Received 319 Likes on 147 Posts

Corvette yellow has always looked like a not quite ripe banana.Not a true yellow.
Old 08-19-2014, 03:40 PM
bigdog1250
Instructor

Received 23 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by xlr8ion
Corvette yellow has always looked like a not quite ripe banana.Not a true yellow.
Really? I feel like corvette yellow is the best yellow out there. The worst are those light yellows that you see on mustangs.

Quick Reply: ALERT!!!! ZO6 at Laguna Seca for the Monterey Historics