C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

What do people think about the Nissan GT-R vs the ZO6

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2014, 06:11 PM
MavsAK
Melting Slicks

Received 43 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by 02HREBlue
The Camaro barely beat a 7 year old design on one track in one comparison with completely incomparable tires.

The GTR, in REAL world conditions would easily and repeatedly beat the Camaro----0-60, quarter, 0-100, whatever.

The GTR, although not a great daily driver, will be worlds ahead of the Camaro. Don't get caught in the rain either guy.

One is a stripper car, one is a full optioned four seat GT car. Very poor comparison.

Why don't you just compare the Camaro to the Viper ACR on same tires? How about a spec Miata too?
That would make more sense.
The GTR Track Edition Non Run Flat borderlined slick equipped ...got it's *** beat by a Chick Car. A Nine Year Old, 3800 lb, 2 wheel drive, Chick Car.

Face it Godzilla's saving grace is AWD and that's it. When a Gen 5 Camaro, just took you out behind the woodshed, it's time to axe the platform.

Last edited by MavsAK; 08-19-2014 at 06:17 PM.
Old 08-19-2014, 08:20 PM
Divexxtreme
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MavsAK
The GTR Track Edition Non Run Flat borderlined slick equipped ...got it's *** beat by a Chick Car. A Nine Year Old, 3800 lb, 2 wheel drive, Chick Car.

Face it Godzilla's saving grace is AWD and that's it. When a Gen 5 Camaro, just took you out behind the woodshed, it's time to axe the platform.
The only thing you have correct above is that the Camaro is a chick car. Lol.

The GT-R Track Edition tires are Dunlop SP Sport Maxx GT 600 DSST CTTs. They are indeed run flats.

The Camaro uses PZero Trofeos, which are true R-compounds. *No comparison* at all between the tires.

Nice try, though.

Last edited by Divexxtreme; 08-19-2014 at 08:25 PM.
Old 08-19-2014, 08:43 PM
thegame
Le Mans Master

Received 491 Likes on 275 Posts

Originally Posted by Divexxtreme

The GT-R Track Edition tires are Dunlop SP Sport Maxx GT 600 DSST CTTs. They are indeed run flats.

The Camaro uses PZero Trofeos, which are true R-compounds. *No comparison* at all between the tires.

Nice try, though.
Don't stoop to that level Divexxtreme !! No way a ZL1 or Z28 are chick cars.
Old 08-19-2014, 08:59 PM
02HREBlue
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by starchedup
That driver is a total HOMER. Too easily impressed and bragging about what a steal 150K is... GET REAL. And that bloated Nissan guy idiot. Didn't seem to even know his own car. Lots of thinking and hmm'ing. Its like he's just a Marketing dude.

13K exhaust option... EXCUSE ME... Yeah NO! If I had that kinda money, I'd be buying a Ferrari not a Nissan.
No one is forcing you to buy either including the exhaust so whats your point?

A Ferrari for 150K? Again what are you talking about?

Get back to us when the Z runs a 7:08 and 2.8 0-60. We will be waiting.

Still no numbers yet to see even how fast it is compared to the ZR1 so how is everyone so sure the product is superior without any numbers? Ridiculous assumptions here.

I still don't think top speed it will be any faster than the ZR with so much active aero. Similar to the ACR vs regular Viper.

Be enthused but stop being ridiculous and boisterous.

7:08.
Old 08-19-2014, 09:10 PM
Robert R1
Burning Brakes

Received 168 Likes on 99 Posts

At 150k my only option would be a 991GT3.
Old 08-19-2014, 09:18 PM
DRLC5
Le Mans Master

Received 340 Likes on 226 Posts

Like the GTR or Hate the GTR it is a pretty amazing ride, Yes it if a fat pig and to me overpriced but it does get up and run. My Cadillac V coupe has been a great car and it hauls ***, But the damn GTR kicks my ***. With a Pulley change, tune and a CAI it runs real strong, I have beat a couple of those damn GTRs a 09 and an 2011, But cant beat my buddy who has a 2014 GTR with tune and exhaust mods. GM is doing a great job and the future is looking brighter for us gear heads. I will have my Z06 hopefully in January or Feb 2015. I will then run my buddy in his GTR again, This time he will see my tail lights. lol. Bring it on!!!.Getting excited.
Old 08-19-2014, 09:59 PM
Divexxtreme
Pro

Originally Posted by thegame
You're right. I apologize. Just because I personally don't like Camaros, doesn't justify me calling them chick cars. They definitely are not.
Old 08-19-2014, 09:59 PM
Callsign_Vega
Burning Brakes

Received 19 Likes on 10 Posts

A GTR being a "fat pig" is only ~200 lbs heavier than a C7 Z06, yet is a 2+2 and has a full DCT and AWD system. Z06 is heavier for the design attributes.
Old 08-19-2014, 11:49 PM
LS1LT1
Team Owner

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by thegame

Originally Posted by Callsign_Vega
A GTR being a "fat pig" is only ~200 lbs heavier than a C7 Z06, yet is a 2+2 and has a full DCT and AWD system. Z06 is heavier for the design attributes.
Well, over 300 pounds heavier actually, but who's counting.
They're both a little 'zaftig' for their respective sizes LOL.
Old 08-20-2014, 02:51 AM
Lavender
Melting Slicks

Received 320 Likes on 172 Posts

Nice try, though.
Whether the tires are true R-comps or not has absolutely no meaning at all. '14 Track Pack GTR got waxed by a Camaro that rides on the Chevrolet Caprice chassis. And it got waxed on the wet track LOL.

Not to mention that the almighty Nissan GTR is mentioned in the same sentence with a Camaro.

Last edited by Lavender; 08-20-2014 at 03:31 AM.
Old 08-20-2014, 03:29 AM
mowerdoctor
3rd Gear

American cars only in my driveway, Imports park in the street
Old 08-20-2014, 04:55 AM
Adam Bruce
Melting Slicks

This topic of this discussion being discussed on CorvetteForum has become an Internet Constant for me, dare I say a base physical law of cyber reality.
Old 08-20-2014, 10:36 AM
starchedup
Burning Brakes

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by 02HREBlue
No one is forcing you to buy either including the exhaust so whats your point?

A Ferrari for 150K? Again what are you talking about?

Get back to us when the Z runs a 7:08 and 2.8 0-60. We will be waiting.

Still no numbers yet to see even how fast it is compared to the ZR1 so how is everyone so sure the product is superior without any numbers? Ridiculous assumptions here.

I still don't think top speed it will be any faster than the ZR with so much active aero. Similar to the ACR vs regular Viper.

Be enthused but stop being ridiculous and boisterous.

7:08.
My point is... ITS NOT EXOTIC and NOT a bargain. Just cause it puts up good numbers doesn't make it on par with Ferrari and Lamborghini. I'd rather have a used F430 which can be had in the 150-160 range. And don't worry, I wouldn't be caught dead in that car, I'd rather WALK or better yet drive my 454ci C6Z06.

Here's a thought, maybe you should change your profile pic to that of the GTR and ditch the ZR1 logo....
Old 08-20-2014, 11:20 AM
Divexxtreme
Pro

Originally Posted by Lavender
Whether the tires are true R-comps or not has absolutely no meaning at all. '14 Track Pack GTR got waxed by a Camaro that rides on the Chevrolet Caprice chassis. And it got waxed on the wet track LOL.
The tires don't matter? Then why did GM put them on the Z-28 in the first place, lol? Becase...GM is significantly more intelligent then you are, and thus realizes that without those R-compunds on the car, the Z/28 wouldn't perform nearly as well as it does. Without those tires, the stripped, one-dimensional Z/28 wouldn't have a chance against the GT-R in any performance test.

Further, the GT-R (non track-edition) is still 18 seconds faster than the Z/28 around the Nurburgring (7:19 vs 7:37), even with it's crappy run flats.

The Z/28 is nothing more than that it's a $75k autocross car with a warranty that no one is buying. Great job, GM!

Last edited by Divexxtreme; 08-20-2014 at 11:22 AM.
Old 08-20-2014, 12:08 PM
Lavender
Melting Slicks

Received 320 Likes on 172 Posts

The tires don't matter? Then why did GM put them on the Z-28 in the first place, lol? Becase...GM is significantly more intelligent then you are, and thus realizes that without those R-compunds on the car, the Z/28 wouldn't perform nearly as well as it does. Without those tires, the stripped, one-dimensional Z/28 wouldn't have a chance against the GT-R in any performance test.

Further, the GT-R (non track-edition) is still 18 seconds faster than the Z/28 around the Nurburgring (7:19 vs 7:37), even with it's crappy run flats.

The Z/28 is nothing more than that it's a $75k autocross car with a warranty that no one is buying. Great job, GM!
As I said the tires excuse is getting pretty darn old. You are making it sound like a set of tires on a Caprice chassis was more than enough to wax the 14' Track Pack GTR on a cold wet track. I won't even bother to discuss the 'Ring times posted by Nissan because thats the only place they can post a really fast time. Just like when the '09 GTR was 0.3 behind the ZR1 but then it got decimated by about 5 sec/lap @ Laguna Seca...

Ok lets for the sake of argument continue arguing that pointless argument. Recently the C7 Z51 beat the GTR around a track. It rides on Michelin Pilot Super Sports..so Im curious to hear the excuse about this one too LOL! Are you gonna quote 'Ring times again?
Old 08-20-2014, 01:49 PM
jklein7
Pro

Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts

Find it hard to believe the C7 Z51 beat the 2014 GT-R around a track. Godzilla is an amazing car. I still want my ZO6 and told the Nissan dealer no
Old 08-20-2014, 01:50 PM
Paulchristian
Melting Slicks

Received 174 Likes on 121 Posts

I agree with what you have stated, but the Camaro deserves more credit than what you are giving it.

Originally Posted by Lavender
Recently the C7 Z51 beat the GTR around a track. It rides on Michelin Pilot Super Sports..so Im curious to hear the excuse about this one too LOL! Are you gonna quote 'Ring times again?
Really? I have not heard anything about that. Kind of hard for me to believe. Do you have a link or reference?

Last edited by Paulchristian; 08-20-2014 at 01:55 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To What do people think about the Nissan GT-R vs the ZO6

Old 08-20-2014, 02:21 PM
starchedup
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Paulchristian

Really? I have not heard anything about that. Kind of hard for me to believe. Do you have a link or reference?
I too would like to see that link and a video of it IF at all possible. It would be good bragging rights.
Old 08-20-2014, 02:25 PM
GZire
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by starchedup
My point is... ITS NOT EXOTIC and NOT a bargain. Just cause it puts up good numbers doesn't make it on par with Ferrari and Lamborghini. I'd rather have a used F430 which can be had in the 150-160 range. And don't worry, I wouldn't be caught dead in that car, I'd rather WALK or better yet drive my 454ci C6Z06.

Here's a thought, maybe you should change your profile pic to that of the GTR and ditch the ZR1 logo....

You realize the exact same argument can be made about a Vette vs a Lambo/Ferrari right?
Old 08-20-2014, 03:49 PM
starchedup
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by GZire
You realize the exact same argument can be made about a Vette vs a Lambo/Ferrari right?
Totally. In fairness, I don't consider the Corvette to be "Exotic" Now IF it had a body style that was UNIQUE to it like the rumored Zora (I get that right?), then YES. To be an exotic, it really needs to be a unique body/ chassis (which does drive up the cost since it can't be mass produced and shared with its similar brethren. Ex Base/ Z51). It would need to be like what Ford did with the FordGT.

As much as I love our Corvettes and praise its performance and price, I don't consider it an Exotic car. That's a different "apple" all together.

Quick Reply: What do people think about the Nissan GT-R vs the ZO6