C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

I think the New "Z" will be priced way over MSRP when Dealers see Huge demand!

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2014, 03:09 AM
3 Z06ZR1
Team Owner

Received 900 Likes on 742 Posts

Originally Posted by BOBSZ06
Nut,
Let me know what color and options you want, so when I order mine at msrp I can flip it to you for only $15k over!

Let me know
Nut said make it $12,500. or no deal!
I'll suffer with the project rolling ZO6's! Adding the 710 kit and ARH
1 /7/8's
to this! Maybe in 2017 a new Z06. I'll save the premium.
Attached Images  
Old 06-27-2014, 07:21 AM
musclecar6
Le Mans Master

Received 148 Likes on 104 Posts

LPE385 is completely correct on his take. Yes, the C7 Z06 promises to be the ultimate supercharged vette. Like all the other vette junkies, I am just as excited as anyone else and want one yesterday too. So naturally I understand the the very NORMAL hysteria that ALWAYS happens when a new fabulous vette arrives. If one wants to yield to paying big amounts over msrp to satisfy their cravings, have fun. The rest of us, who already are driving supercharged C6's etc, will stay on the side lines and buy ours after all the start up issues and prices/availability have stabilized.
Old 06-27-2014, 07:21 AM
svtkeith
Melting Slicks

Received 69 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by Boba Fett
never paid msrp for any vehicle and definitely would never pay a penny over msrp for any vehicle

Same here never did and never will...this will be the fourth Vette at this dealer and never paid one cent over MSRP and the sales manager told me the same will go with the new Z06.
Old 06-27-2014, 10:04 AM
ChucksZ06
Drifting

Received 55 Likes on 23 Posts

The car is being mass produced on an assembly line in bg Kentucky. It is largely based on a car already in production. It is going to be a great car BUT a few months patience is all you will need to get one. That is the great thing about corvettes...you do not have to be connected to get one.
Old 06-27-2014, 10:17 AM
nous defions
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Tennis & Golf Nut
Exactly. In marketing it's called Price Elasticity.

Supply vs Demand working like it should

If I am willing to pay 10k over, who cares!

I don't blame a dealer for wanting to make Maximum profits, that's what a BUSINESS is supposed to do. Make a profit for shareholders.

I would probably pay 12k over MSRP without giving it a 2nd thought. More than that and I'll most likely wait another 6 months.

If I were a Vette dealer, no ZO6s sold at MSRP. Must pay mucho dinero over MSRP
I'm guessing that a car under MSRP will sell faster than the other way around, or am I somehow crazy to think that?
Old 06-27-2014, 10:55 AM
JoesC5
Team Owner

Received 1,700 Likes on 1,214 Posts

The dealers look at the end of year profit picture more than the profit made on individual sales.

If anyone wants to pay my dealer $10,000 over MSRP, that's fine with me as my dealer can then sell me one for way under MSRP and still makes a boat load of money.

It's a win-win-win for all three. The person that is happy for paying over MSRP, me being happy for paying under MSRP, and the dealer who is happy for selling two cars and averaged MSRP+ on both sales.
Old 06-27-2014, 11:05 AM
svtkeith
Melting Slicks

Received 69 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by nous defions
I'm guessing that a car under MSRP will sell faster than the other way around, or am I somehow crazy to think that?

Sure it will sell faster but I can see dealers in the big city's adding huge markups on the Z06 heck in Toronto Canada area they are selling the C7 Z51 as high as $88,000 and people are buying them up..I went through this when I bought the first GT500 Shelby back in 07 I paid MSRP $51,300 but they were going as high as $80 to 90K in the big city's I actually had a dealer call me and offered me 10K over what I paid but turned it down because Ford at the time was telling us that it was only going to be a 2 year run for those cars well that turned out to be BS LOL!!
Old 06-27-2014, 11:12 AM
sahowley
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Exactly. In marketing it's called Price Elasticity.

Supply vs Demand working like it should

If I am willing to pay 10k over, who cares!

I don't blame a dealer for wanting to make Maximum profits, that's what a BUSINESS is supposed to do. Make a profit for shareholders.

I would probably pay 12k over MSRP without giving it a 2nd thought. More than that and I'll most likely wait another 6 months.

If I were a Vette dealer, no ZO6s sold at MSRP. Must pay mucho dinero over MSRP

I paid over sticker for my c-7. I know I'm stupid..... but I got the first car my dealer had Oct 3rd I think I got it. They asked for 10k over I got them down to $2,500 over. I have z51, carbon fiber trim, exposed carbon fiber top... All the options that went on restraint that very same week. If I ordered one @ an MSPR deal I wouldn't have got it until after the price increase plus my 2012 BMW would have deprecated more. So I consider it a good deal. Plus it made me HAPPY!!!!!

Last edited by sahowley; 06-27-2014 at 11:19 AM.
Old 06-27-2014, 12:08 PM
Boba Fett
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 485 Likes on 347 Posts

Originally Posted by sahowley

I paid over sticker for my c-7. I know I'm stupid.....
Old 06-27-2014, 12:23 PM
Daekwan06
Safety Car

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by OnPoint
The natives are getting restless.

Gonna be a long wait.
Old 06-27-2014, 12:48 PM
sahowley
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Yeah I should have ordered one @ MRSP or $1,000 under and paid the price increase and suffered a 2-4% depreciation on my BMW. Then I would have only paid $1,000 - $2,000 more than I paid in October 2013 and been without the car for 5 months. Remember happiness is priceless. I can make more money. I can't buy more time. I have no regrets. I agree with Ten's & Golf Nut. I'd pay $10,000 k over MSRP for the car I wanted in second. I'd be in on a 15 ZO6, but I promised the wife I'd wait till 2016 to buy another car. Compromise sucks!
Old 06-27-2014, 01:32 PM
PDCjonny
Burning Brakes

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by HolyRoller
Somebody needs to look up "insufferable" in the dictionary.
Succinctly perfect.
Old 06-27-2014, 02:29 PM
GTB/ZR-1
Safety Car

Received 77 Likes on 53 Posts

What's laughable is those that state 'I never pay sticker, much less over...' will NOT be one of the first people to own a high-demand, newly-released car like the new Z06--sorry...

At LEAST MSRP (for those dealers who will honor their commitment), for the first 6 mos--possibly more, depending on demand. Unless the car is a complete flop w/ the reviewers, or the economy does a re-duex of '08-09--count on it.

I had to wait til the '07s were just coming out, to buy my '06 C6Z just under sticker.

I was able to get my '08 C6Z @ a huge discount. Supply/demand.

My .02...
Old 06-27-2014, 03:25 PM
02HREBlue
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I Guarantee anyone who is lucky enough to get a 2015 can easily sell it for 10k to 15K over.

You won't need me.
And after you pay sales tax on the initial purchase, and then resell it, you basically will make NOTHING. Dealers dream about guys like you.

These same arguments happened with the ZR1, and within a year they were giving discounts, and those were more rare than the new Z will be.

Save your money, and send it to LPE with the extra money and have something really special.

A dealer I have dealt with for years told me I couldn't even be on a list at MSRP, only 25k over. I said what about a list at MSRP AFTER the 25k list, and he refused! I asked him to ask the owner if he felt that way and he said yes. I promptly told him I would never buy another vehicle from his establishment ever again. 20 years of a relationship down the drain. I will never feel special for any dealer ever again. Its simply business on both ends. Feelings get in the way of rationality.
Old 06-27-2014, 03:28 PM
02HREBlue
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I agree also.
Old 06-27-2014, 03:38 PM
nous defions
Pro

Originally Posted by svtkeith
Sure it will sell faster but I can see dealers in the big city's adding huge markups on the Z06 heck in Toronto Canada area they are selling the C7 Z51 as high as $88,000 and people are buying them up..I went through this when I bought the first GT500 Shelby back in 07 I paid MSRP $51,300 but they were going as high as $80 to 90K in the big city's I actually had a dealer call me and offered me 10K over what I paid but turned it down because Ford at the time was telling us that it was only going to be a 2 year run for those cars well that turned out to be BS LOL!!
I remember this well. I wanted to buy that very Shelby, and you are correct with your recollection of how it sold. That is exactly why I won't pay over MSRP. I don't see the need (for me) to have it now. I can wait. It's not like used ones will not go on sale, or like GM will stop making them.

But, congrats to all future MSRP-paying owners. There is nothing wrong with buying what you like, when you like.
Old 06-27-2014, 10:47 PM
phantasms
Leeds.io
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 398 Likes on 239 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14-'15-'16
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Plus it made me HAPPY!!!!!
At the end of the day that's the only thing that really matters.

Get notified of new replies

To I think the New "Z" will be priced way over MSRP when Dealers see Huge demand!

Old 06-27-2014, 11:00 PM
Snorman
Scraping the splitter.
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,028 Likes on 486 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15

Originally Posted by svtkeith
Same here never did and never will...this will be the fourth Vette at this dealer and never paid one cent over MSRP and the sales manager told me the same will go with the new Z06.
Out of curiosity, what four new Corvettes have you bought from the same dealer?
From your posts, in 2011 you bought your "first" Corvette...a used 2009 Z06. Then in 2012 you got a 2010 ZR1.
So were the other 2 Corvettes high demand models and/or what were they?
S.
Old 06-28-2014, 02:33 AM
VETTE-NV
16 Vettes and counting…..
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,145 Likes on 541 Posts

Originally Posted by 02HREBlue

A dealer I have dealt with for years told me I couldn't even be on a list at MSRP, only 25k over. I said what about a list at MSRP AFTER the 25k list, and he refused! I asked him to ask the owner if he felt that way and he said yes. I promptly told him I would never buy another vehicle from his establishment ever again. 20 years of a relationship down the drain. I will never feel special for any dealer ever again. Its simply business on both ends. Feelings get in the way of rationality.
Car dealers are nothing more than ******. Some ****** are better than others but as soon as you cease to represent a profit, they will turn away from you as if you didn't exist. If you really start to think you have a "relationship" with one, think again. They will choose a better deal over you no matter how long you've been their trick.

At least with a *****, however, you know exactly what you're getting, so go in with your eyes open and you'll be fine.....but don't for one second think you've found that "hooker with a heart of gold." That's strictly in the movies.
Old 06-28-2014, 04:35 AM
Boba Fett
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 485 Likes on 347 Posts

Yeah I should have ordered one @ MRSP or $1,000 under and paid the price increase and suffered a 2-4% depreciation on my BMW. Then I would have only paid $1,000 - $2,000 more than I paid in October 2013 and been without the car for 5 months. Remember happiness is priceless. I can make more money. I can't buy more time. I have no regrets. I agree with Ten's & Golf Nut. I'd pay $10,000 k over MSRP for the car I wanted in second. I'd be in on a 15 ZO6, but I promised the wife I'd wait till 2016 to buy another car. Compromise sucks!
You can look at it all sorts of different ways. 1st you have a crappy dealer if they're going to give you less for a trade in 5 mos later...second-surely happiness does have a price tag. Buying ANY corvette proves that cause certainly, corvettes are not "necessity" type cars and if you're willing to pay an extra 10 G's for a few more months of happiness, than that 10'Gs was your cost for that extra time for happiness . With that being said, I don't knock you at all for willing to pay that price for your happiness as you are right, life is short. For me such as some others its just not that much of a priority and see it as wasting money---again, its all in how 1 looks at it and the importance of having it "ASAP" to that individual. And, obviously it isn't as important to your wife as it is to you
Originally Posted by GTB/ZR-1
What's laughable is those that state 'I never pay sticker, much less over...' will NOT be one of the first people to own a high-demand, newly-released car like the new Z06--sorry...
why is it laughable? again it may not be as important to some as yourself just to be the 1st 1 on the block with the new toy. And can you honestly speak for every deposit out there whether or not its marked up to state who or who wont be the 1st ones to get one??? What qualifies you to make such a broad assessment?

Quick Reply: I think the New "Z" will be priced way over MSRP when Dealers see Huge demand!