C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Official LT4 HP/Torque figures announced...

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2014, 08:47 AM
shep29
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Looks like GM got this one right...can't wait to put my deposit down for a Z07. Coming from my CTS-V daily driver I can't wait to see what 100 extra hp, more lower end torque, and 1000 less pounds feels like.
Old 06-07-2014, 08:52 AM
Snorman
Scraping the splitter.
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,028 Likes on 486 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15

Originally Posted by o2baZR1
but not until they get back from their Klan meeting.

anyone who sincerely believes there is "a steed for every need" is delusional. take a Ford GT for a rip and you'll want to slap that guy who shows up on various Mustang forums and loves to talk about how Ford does everything "for profit period." yes, that's true, but that's also the reason you won't be permitted to enjoy the likes of a new gen FGT and it's the reason you will have to wait 3 damn years for the next GT500 and the reason you'd still be rolling on POS Goodyears. he needs to line his shareholder pockets instead.

read on Mustang6g.com what he says about something being "certainly a profit center" for Ford after another 'stang loyalist has been agonizing because he has to spend thousands extra for content he doesn't want because it's the way he has to do it to get content he does want.

a guy named COOKIE MONSTER says, "What Ford does, and which I absolutely HATE and DESPISE, is make the Navigation option only available on Premium trims plus you need to add the Electronics package option. So that $795 turns into $6500 if you actually want just Nav."

a guy named Madlock subsequently says, "The Ruby Red, and Triple Yellow, like other colors Ford offers like Platinum White Metallic, Crystal Champagne, and other tri-coats are a 3-stage paint that looks terrific but can be a bugger for body shops to get right. It's certainly a profit center at $395, but it's also a more expensive process to apply.

think Ford got no bailout? of course they did. it's just that YOU who buy Fords are the ones who are going to pay for it.

Mustang is my first love going all the way back to the 1960s. My 2013 GT500 was a hoot. but, spend time on Mustang forums and in short order you will figure out that you either subscribe to the cracker coalition or just like Rudolph, you're not going to be invited to play in any reindeer games. I don't subscribe to the cracker coalition and however much fun a GT500 is, I'm not going to be flying that flag.
What a rambling crock of sh*t.
S.
Old 06-07-2014, 09:00 AM
svtkeith
Melting Slicks

Received 69 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by shep29
Looks like GM got this one right...can't wait to put my deposit down for a Z07. Coming from my CTS-V daily driver I can't wait to see what 100 extra hp, more lower end torque, and 1000 less pounds feels like.

Fun!!!!!
Old 06-07-2014, 09:03 AM
svtkeith
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Snorman
What a rambling crock of sh*t.
S.

Old 06-07-2014, 09:53 AM
Shurshot
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by OnPoint

IMO a lot of ZR owners are very much looking forward to putting the new Z in their stable.
Most top tier corvette owners are true corvette fans who cheer on the next and better generation

IMO the only new corvette that would cause "butt hurt" to a loyal corvette owner would be a new model that is less capable then the one it is replacing......... like what happened from 72 to the end of the C3 run

Other than what happened to the 2001 ZO6 owners
Old 06-07-2014, 10:21 AM
Glenn Quagmire
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 604 Likes on 283 Posts

That's doubtful.
S.
It's exactly what I'm doing. I've got deposits on a Z07 and ZR1. My current ZR will be retired into my collection next spring.
Old 06-07-2014, 10:35 AM
05dsom
Melting Slicks

Received 72 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by Glenn Quagmire
It's exactly what I'm doing. I've got deposits on a Z07 and ZR1. My current ZR will be retired into my collection next spring.
^^me too, but no deposit required.
now the GT3...that required $3k....we will see if it ever gets built
Old 06-07-2014, 10:45 AM
ALLANB
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great on the 650/650 and just wondering since GM has driveable z06's they are taking around to shows why have they not already released the weight of the car. Pretty sure it has to be around 3500 or so. Guess just have to wait bit longer to find out .
Old 06-07-2014, 11:06 AM
Glenn Quagmire
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 604 Likes on 283 Posts

Originally Posted by 05dsom
^^me too, but no deposit required.
now the GT3...that required $3k....we will see if it ever gets built
Will your Z07 be DSOM?
Old 06-07-2014, 11:46 AM
OnPoint
The Consigliere
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 5,444 Likes on 2,270 Posts

Originally Posted by Shurshot
Most top tier corvette owners are true corvette fans who cheer on the next and better generation

IMO the only new corvette that would cause "butt hurt" to a loyal corvette owner would be a new model that is less capable then the one it is replacing......... like what happened from 72 to the end of the C3 run

Other than what happened to the 2001 ZO6 owners

I agree. You touch on a great point. We've all gotten pretty spoiled in the last several years of getting more power, more capability, more performance as time moves forward.

There certainly is no guarantee that will continue on forever and never reverse, and I can't imagine the gnashing of teeth in here if a top tier model replacement was announced with having less capability/performance than before (which as you point out, has happened).

We are blessed to be living in times of great sports car performance (and outstanding Corvette performance). We probabaly shouldn't take it for granted.
Old 06-07-2014, 12:37 PM
WeaponsGradeTorque
Melting Slicks

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

GREAT points. Who knows what will happen in the future with laws, etc.

In terms of the C7 Z06, I want a black one (makes the tail lights look much better). And how cool is 650/650 out of the box? Very!

I agree. You touch on a great point. We've all gotten pretty spoiled in the last several years of getting more power, more capability, more performance as time moves forward.

There certainly is no guarantee that will continue on forever and never reverse, and I can't imagine the gnashing of teeth in here if a top tier model replacement was announced with having less capability/performance than before (which as you point out, has happened).

We are blessed to be living in times of great sports car performance (and outstanding Corvette performance). We probabaly shouldn't take it for granted.
Old 06-07-2014, 01:02 PM
SBC_and_a_stick
Safety Car

Received 551 Likes on 311 Posts

Originally Posted by LS1LT1
I'm not too worried about the price being a total shock (my guess is between $81k and $85k base MSRP which would make it a terrific value) but I am concerned about the final weight numbers. I'm thinking that one of the reasons that it's getting all of this power is because of that.
Well, the LT4 is one pond lighter than the LS9 from the ZR1 which is quite impressive when you think about it. The LT series have VVT and AFM.

I just don't want to do the math, adding a supercharger to the Z51 weight
Old 06-07-2014, 01:41 PM
Snorman
Scraping the splitter.
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,028 Likes on 486 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15

Originally Posted by SBC_and_a_stick
I just don't want to do the math, adding a supercharger to the Z51 weight
And using a carbon fiber torque tube, driveshaft and other materials to reduce weight as intimated by GM engineers in various interviews.
My bet is that it's going to be ~75# heavier than a Z51. Maybe a couple #'s more.
S.
Old 06-07-2014, 01:47 PM
SBC_and_a_stick
Safety Car

And using a carbon fiber torque tube, driveshaft and other materials to reduce weight as intimated by GM engineers in various interviews.
My bet is that it's going to be ~75# heavier than a Z51. Maybe a couple #'s more.
S.
I bet it's going to be twice that. The carbon tq tube can maybe offset the wider body, but then there are tires wheels cooling etc being upsized plus aero. 3,600lbs min
Old 06-07-2014, 02:04 PM
OBSSSD
Drifting

Received 42 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by musclecar6
Well the ZR1 had a nice run. The king is dead. Long live the king !!!!
With the ZR1's 2.3L blower vs the 1.7L on the new Z06 (being spun much faster) there is no comparison what both cars are actually capable of when modded. GM's own testing on the ZR1 was pushed to 900hp on an engine dyno according to a close contact that I have at Eaton. Not to mention the stock fuel system in the ZR1 can handle E85 at 800rwhp with a decent set of injectors.

For stock they had to make the performance numbers better, and the ZR1 is a 6 year old car on a 10 year old platform. Make no mistake which car has more potential though
Old 06-07-2014, 02:04 PM
svtkeith
Melting Slicks

I agree the up the hp thing has go to end sometime just hope it's not for at least 10 more years.
Old 06-07-2014, 02:11 PM
SBC_and_a_stick
Safety Car

Originally Posted by OBSSSD
With the ZR1's 2.3L blower vs the 1.7L on the new Z06 (being spun much faster) there is no comparison what both cars are actually capable of when modded. GM's own testing on the ZR1 was pushed to 900hp on an engine dyno according to a close contact that I have at Eaton. Not to mention the stock fuel system in the ZR1 can handle E85 at 800rwhp with a decent set of injectors.

For stock they had to make the performance numbers better, and the ZR1 is a 6 year old car on a 10 year old platform. Make no mistake which car has more potential though
I disagree. The TVS1740 is a technically revised unit compared to the TVS2300. It's not simply a volume per revolution comparison here. The TVS1800 is also an older unit and quite possibly inferior in every way to the 1740.

LT4 has the most potential out of the box and modded. What happens when you drop compression to 9.1 on the LT4 and mount a larger blower? DI will enable more boost before knock for any given octane number.

We haven't even touched on cooling which is just as important as pushing air with FI. If the C7 platform cools significantly better than the C6 less power will be lost to heatsoak in real applications.

Get notified of new replies

To Official LT4 HP/Torque figures announced...

Old 06-07-2014, 03:24 PM
LS1LT1
Team Owner

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

I bet it's going to be twice that. The carbon tq tube can maybe offset the wider body, but then there are tires wheels cooling etc being upsized plus aero. 3,600lbs min
Yes, larger wheels/tires, larger brake rotors/calipers (the heavier non-carbon ones I mean), slightly beefier suspension pieces, the blower with all of the extra plumbing and coolers as well as some other standard content that might only be optional on the base LT1 cars, it all adds up. I don't think it will reach a full 3600 pound base weight though, but over 3500 is very probable.
Old 06-07-2014, 04:20 PM
05dsom
Melting Slicks

Received 72 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by Glenn Quagmire
Will your Z07 be DSOM?
Shark Grey looks great to me

The DSOM was my old '05 'vert
Old 06-07-2014, 04:43 PM
tail_lights
Race Director

Received 252 Likes on 210 Posts

Now brace for the price and weight.
Am I the only one who immediately pictured a Game of Thrones meme

Oh, and love the power numbers, Chevy's got me drooling again

Quick Reply: Official LT4 HP/Torque figures announced...