C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Dumb ZO6 Question....

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2014, 03:56 PM
Patriot77
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Dumb ZO6 Question....

Everybody would absolutely love to have a 2015 ZO6. But the question comes up will there be enough "allocation" to get one??? My real question is if a guy orders NO OPTIONS other than an "automatic" approximately does anyone have an idea what that MSRP would be??? Iam debating between a 2015 Z51 C7 and a ZO6. Hope to hear from a dealer or anyone that has true knowledge of the correct answers to my 2 questions above.
Old 05-17-2014, 04:20 PM
Jofu
Racer

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Patriot77
Everybody would absolutely love to have a 2015 ZO6. But the question comes up will there be enough "allocation" to get one??? My real question is if a guy orders NO OPTIONS other than an "automatic" approximately does anyone have an idea what that MSRP would be??? Iam debating between a 2015 Z51 C7 and a ZO6. Hope to hear from a dealer or anyone that has true knowledge of the correct answers to my 2 questions above.
Let me take a stab at this one: No one knows yet (maybe even GM!) Sorry I know it's not useful an answer, but unfortunately I believe it is accurate...

You let me know if you find out though

Geoff
Old 05-17-2014, 05:44 PM
slief
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

I would expect the base stripped down Z06 to be in the $79-82K range. I would guess the A8 automatic trans will add a couple thousand to the base price.
Old 05-17-2014, 05:50 PM
Patriot77
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by slief
I would expect the base stripped down Z06 to be in the $79-82K range. I would guess the A8 automatic trans will add a couple thousand to the base price.
Thank you. Here's "kinda" the way Iam looking at this thing. A 2015 C7 Z51 with a 2LT package is probably going to be around 72 to 75. If I can get a base ZO6 with an automatic for say 82 to 83 thats really only a difference of around 8K for a car that will probably hold value much better than the C7. Am I using good logic here??? Would love to hear from some dealers that have been in the business for a long time.
Old 05-17-2014, 06:06 PM
OperativeXIV
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thank you. Here's "kinda" the way Iam looking at this thing. A 2015 C7 Z51 with a 2LT package is probably going to be around 72 to 75. If I can get a base ZO6 with an automatic for say 82 to 83 thats really only a difference of around 8K for a car that will probably hold value much better than the C7. Am I using good logic here??? Would love to hear from some dealers that have been in the business for a long time.
That's pretty much exactly what I'm planning on. The C7 I get in the coming months I plan on holding onto as 'my car' for the rest of my life, and if the difference between the well optioned 2LT I'd get for ~$72k versus the 'stripped down' A8 Z06 (that includes all the options from the 2LT anyway) for ~$81k is less than $10k, then that seems like a fairly small investment to make for fun of a Z06. Not to mention the intrinsic value the Z06 will hold versus a regular old 2LT.
Old 05-18-2014, 10:02 PM
jim2527
Race Director

Received 633 Likes on 426 Posts

No, its not good logic. It's a mass produced Chevrolet, it will depreciate like every other mass produced Chevrolet.
Old 05-19-2014, 12:25 AM
NytmereZ
Le Mans Master

Received 295 Likes on 161 Posts

Originally Posted by jim2527
No, its not good logic. It's a mass produced Chevrolet, it will depreciate like every other mass produced Chevrolet.
buy vettes to drive them, not for resale, they all fall off a cliff, to many of them made.
Old 05-19-2014, 06:20 PM
DSOMonster
Burning Brakes

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts

If resale is your main goal. Your best bet would be to invest in a classic Vette. You can get in to one, drive it for 3-5 years and then sell it for more $$$ if you kept it clean and accident free.

The newer Vettes are drivers and depreciation is a B*&%H! No way around it. If you buy a new ZO6, parked in the garage, covered and on jack stands hooked up to a battery tender, waxed weekly and put 10 miles on it, you would still be the victim of depreciation. The crappy thing about that whole scenario is, you never drove that damn thing!

Life is too short. Do what you like and enjoy every minute of it!

Damn, I sound like my Dad. The old man speaks the TRUTH!
Old 05-19-2014, 06:26 PM
NytmereZ
Le Mans Master

Received 295 Likes on 161 Posts

Corvette is a mass produced car Z06, ZR1 etc are all made in the same line regardless of what motor, trans is in it.
In two years you will see some form of C7 on every street corner, so of course you will be able to get one, I were you I would wait a couple years, get a slightly used one and save 20k.

Get notified of new replies

To Dumb ZO6 Question....

Quick Reply: Dumb ZO6 Question....