C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

I'm sorry

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2014, 11:00 PM
ByByBMW
Le Mans Master

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 536 Likes on 279 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'08-'10-'11-'12-'13 '14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19

Default I'm sorry

But I don't care for where they are taking the Z06. Before anything else thing, big shout out to Phantasms for his work in posting all the shots and interview from the auto show. Well done sir.

That being said, within the first ten shots of this thread, http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c7-z...-download.html

I was like, OMG, it's awful. I'm not, obviously, talking about performance, from what I can tell, the car will the the "Best Bang for the Buck", and I'm not one to usually go there.

But I cannot see me buying what looks like a C7 with ricer aero add-ons.

I'm sure that will make me persona non gratis here but it's only my opinion after all.
Old 04-16-2014, 11:19 PM
Zoomin
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 217 Likes on 160 Posts
2018 C2 of Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14-'15, '19

Old 04-16-2014, 11:20 PM
phantasms
Leeds.io
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 398 Likes on 239 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14-'15-'16
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Originally Posted by ByByBMW
But I don't care for where they are taking the Z06. Before anything else thing, big shout out to Phantasms for his work in posting all the shots and interview from the auto show. Well done sir.

That being said, within the first ten shots of this thread, http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c7-z...-download.html

I was like, OMG, it's awful. I'm not, obviously, talking about performance, from what I can tell, the car will the the "Best Bang for the Buck", and I'm not one to usually go there.

I'm sure that will make me persona non gratis here but it's only my opinion after all.
We're all entitled to our opinions. In some colors, I completely agree with you. Personally, I hate it in the silver and grey. Well hate is a strong word but I don't think the lines look very clean. There are so many black bits all around that don't quite blend properly. However, the blue seemed to work with it pretty well. The colors I'm considering are black, NRB, blue or white which will just pop all the black bits. The Stingray does have cleaner lines and I appreciate that. But the Z06 in person is, to me, the hotness.

Best,
Gene
Old 04-16-2014, 11:21 PM
Snorman
Scraping the splitter.
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,028 Likes on 486 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15

Old 04-16-2014, 11:27 PM
ByByBMW
Le Mans Master

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 536 Likes on 279 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'08-'10-'11-'12-'13 '14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19

Originally Posted by phantasms
We're all entitled to our opinions. In some colors, I completely agree with you. Personally, I hate it in the silver and grey. Well hate is a strong word but I don't think the lines look very clean. There are so many black bits all around that don't quite blend properly. However, the blue seemed to work with it pretty well. The colors I'm considering are black, NRB, blue or white which will just pop all the black bits. The Stingray does have cleaner lines and I appreciate that. But the Z06 in person is, to me, the hotness.

Best,
Gene
Again sir, thanks for a great post and all the time it took to put it together.
My post is obviously based solely on the pics and maybe it will look better in person. The C6 was a little bit that way in that the pics intrigued me but the very first C6 I saw in person, I bought because it blew me away.
Maybe, MAYBE it will be better in person. That is yet to be seen.

Last edited by ByByBMW; 04-16-2014 at 11:51 PM.
Old 04-16-2014, 11:38 PM
phantasms
Leeds.io
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 398 Likes on 239 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14-'15-'16
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Again sir, thanks for a great post and all the time it took to put it together.
My post is obviously based solely on the pics and maybe it will look better in person. The C6 was a little bit that way in that the pics intrigued me but the very first C6 I saw in person, I bought because it blew me.
Maybe, MAYBE it will be better in person. That is yet to be seen.
When I saw the images of the C6Z06 I didn't much like it. The first one I saw in person was mine when I picked it up at the museum. Yes, I went for a car I didn't like in person. It was a stupid move but in the end I fell in love with it visually. You never know.
Old 04-16-2014, 11:53 PM
tail_lights
Race Director

Received 252 Likes on 210 Posts

Fast edit I'm so immature....

Everyone is entitle to their opinion, I think the Z is just
Old 04-17-2014, 01:41 AM
Lavender
Melting Slicks

Received 320 Likes on 172 Posts

Thats a good one. I give you that!
Old 04-17-2014, 02:28 AM
Hirohawa
Le Mans Master

Received 248 Likes on 158 Posts

I'm torn about the design. There are some parts of the New Z I love and some parts just infuriate me. Every time I look at pics or see a Stingray in person I feel like there is a lot of interesting ideas but the design team was not able to make it all work together harmoniously.

No doubt it will be a fantastic world beater in performance just not sure I want one which makes me sad.
Old 04-17-2014, 03:38 AM
SBC_and_a_stick
Safety Car

Received 551 Likes on 311 Posts

Best looking C7 would be a Z07 Z06 without the aero bits, spats, and stripes.

The widebody clean sheet design is the way to go. Unfortunately, fully loaded the Z06 ends up with a case of more is better, pilling up in a tacky fashion. Some color combinations are also atrocious. GM is allowing the buyer too much freedom of choice. The buyer is not a designer, even though many think they are.
Old 04-17-2014, 03:53 AM
LS1LT1
Team Owner

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

I think the C7 Z06 looks just as different from the base C7 as the C6 Z06 did from the base C6. Which is to say that there IS a clear distinction between the cars...aside from the fender flairs, those humongous wheels/tires play a notable role here. I like the base car a lot as well but the Z06 looks spectacular to me.
Old 04-17-2014, 04:12 AM
Gadfly
Pro

Received 36 Likes on 14 Posts

I like just about everything except that BS cheap plastic fender extension, it is a hideous shortcut, if they would of just done the front fender and bumper properly, and improved on the tail lights a bit more, it would be just about perfect IMHO.
Old 04-17-2014, 06:22 AM
Supermassive
Melting Slicks

Received 793 Likes on 307 Posts

The more I see this car the more I want it...but I want it in yellow. If I did get one I would buy a set of spats in CF, and throw the black plastic parts on for track days. The only thing that I dont like about the C7 Z06 is that the winglets are carbon flash instead of CF like the front splitter...looks odd to me.
Old 04-17-2014, 07:31 AM
GOLD72
Race Director

Received 1,106 Likes on 718 Posts

Originally Posted by SBC_and_a_stick
Best looking C7 would be a Z07 Z06 without the aero bits, spats, and stripes.

The widebody clean sheet design is the way to go. Unfortunately, fully loaded the Z06 ends up with a case of more is better, pilling up in a tacky fashion. ...........
Old 04-17-2014, 07:33 AM
C5 Frank
Le Mans Master

Received 35 Likes on 29 Posts

I have to agree with OP here... I saw one in person this past weekend. I just could not get into it. It looked over done to me. the front splitter looks way to wide and the side scoops.. it all looks like after market add ons. With that said I saw the new mustang in person as well... I am really not feeling that!
My hope is that the base model Z will not have all the tacky (imo) areo stick stuff. But dont fret.. I still want one =)
Old 04-17-2014, 07:59 AM
Bad_AX
Burning Brakes

Received 99 Likes on 77 Posts

How much aero downforce do you really need with a convertible? Styling that is at best questionable on the Stingray becomes slightly grotesque on the exaggerated features and "ricer aero add-ons" of the Z06. Active aero has been on production cars now for at least two decades. That high-school-shop-class adjustable rear spoiler is inexcusable. For me the C7 Z06 has been a parade of disappointments. I would still buy one if not for the super charger.
Old 04-17-2014, 08:41 AM
JudgeNjury
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Styling is subjective. I like the new z06 styling.

To each their own

Get notified of new replies

To I'm sorry

Old 04-17-2014, 08:51 AM
z51vett
Le Mans Master

Received 277 Likes on 169 Posts

My take and I'm hard of hearing 50% loss Marines you know. The C7z06's shown are the Z07 option pkg that may include some of the undesirable aero. who knows I don't want the competition seats again that is just me love the wheels tires I hope are z07 only don't want to buy tires 2 weeks after I buy the car. For those doing track days those ceramic brakes are not what they want either. I hope there are at least 2 rear spoilers one for z07 pkg and non z07. Want to trade my z06 early on but the way they are marking up z51's that maybe put off a few years.
z51vett
Doug
Old 04-17-2014, 09:37 AM
mjw930
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by z51vett
For those doing track days those ceramic brakes are not what they want either.
?????????????????????????????

I believe it's exactly the opposite but I suppose some will complain they are too expensive to replace.
Old 04-17-2014, 10:06 AM
<<427_V8>>
Racer

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Hirohawa
I'm torn about the design. There are some parts of the New Z I love and some parts just infuriate me. Every time I look at pics or see a Stingray in person I feel like there is a lot of interesting ideas but the design team was not able to make it all work together harmoniously.

No doubt it will be a fantastic world beater in performance just not sure I want one which makes me sad.
Same here - really like some parts of it, but then it's all cancelled out with others. It really is kind of sad to think that I may not really want the next generation Z06 - I've always loved the Z06, hopefully this one will grow on me.

Quick Reply: I'm sorry