C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Saw the new ZO6 up close and personal!

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2014, 04:50 PM
musclecar6
Le Mans Master

Received 148 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by RC000E
Any dealer will do that for you, unless of course you expect GM to not incorporate that into the pricetag and do it for free? Maybe a local detail shop will do it free. That certainly is too bad GM won't do things for free...I'd love this Z06 free...it's a real shame.
It's a chevy, not a Porsche, Ferrari, etc. So it's got a little orange peel. My 10 LPE supercharged GS with 587 RWHP/568 RWTQ on their Mustang Dyno, has a little orange peel. However, when I look at the overall car with the chrome Maggie supercharger looking thru the ZR1 type window on the hood, I forget all about a little orange peel. When I fire up that very powerful engine and go for a spin, the last thing I'm thinking about is orange peel. I'm guessing for most guys who own a beautiful C7, the last thing they are thinking about is orange peel.
Old 04-01-2014, 09:30 AM
fritz726
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fritz726

Originally Posted by xlr8ion
Without black wheels not digging it
Awesome pics love the color and the rims thanks for the rush
Old 04-01-2014, 02:30 PM
beden1
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by svtkeith
I know I won't be accepting my Z06 when it comes in if there's anywhere near the OP that the C7 I saw a few weeks back and the dealer has already been told that....There's no reason for this IMO.
Not to the same extent as I've seen on the new C7, but I have orange peel on my Porsche (sticker near $130K) and on our Audi and BMWs. The BMWs are almost as bad as the new Vette.

I guess it's just something we have to live with as part of the new EPA compliant paint formulations.
Old 04-01-2014, 02:57 PM
BOBSZ06
Le Mans Master

Received 319 Likes on 205 Posts

Originally Posted by beden1
Not to the same extent as I've seen on the new C7, but I have orange peel on my Porsche (sticker near $130K) and on our Audi and BMWs. The BMWs are almost as bad as the new Vette.

I guess it's just something we have to live with as part of the new EPA compliant paint formulations.

My `01 has some OP also, but it was not a problem to me at the time.
Fast forward to `15 and my new ZO6 arrives and by who's standards is it determine to be acceptable?
Seems you do have to accept the car as it has passed inspections to get to your dealer. BUT you can file a complaint and I would expect it to be inspected by the Regional manager to determine if it is ok.
If that person says it is ok, seems like you are done unless you file a legal complaint?

What is the routine in this that is followed?
Old 04-01-2014, 03:30 PM
fritz726
Heel & Toe

Default Fritz726

Originally Posted by BOBSZ06
My `01 has some OP also, but it was not a problem to me at the time.
Fast forward to `15 and my new ZO6 arrives and by who's standards is it determine to be acceptable?
Seems you do have to accept the car as it has passed inspections to get to your dealer. BUT you can file a complaint and I would expect it to be inspected by the Regional manager to determine if it is ok.
If that person says it is ok, seems like you are done unless you file a legal complaint?

What is the routine in this that is followed?
Help what is orange peel
Old 04-01-2014, 03:36 PM
BOBSZ06
Le Mans Master

Received 319 Likes on 205 Posts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Or...eel_Effect.jpg

Last edited by BOBSZ06; 04-01-2014 at 03:38 PM.
Old 04-17-2014, 12:54 AM
TKgs2010
Le Mans Master

Received 406 Likes on 273 Posts

Originally Posted by phantasms
I've always been a black wheels fan but I do agree it's getting wee bit played. If they have gunmetal I'll be all over it....if not....I'll probably just go black again.

Best,
Gene
The car was the same one they displayed at Sebring in March. I'm personally not a fan of solid black wheels, maybe black with machined/polished spokes and rim, but I think a darker gray wheel might look great on that color. I have Cyber Gray with Comp Gray wheels and I get tons of good comments on it. Either way, that car just looks nasty, I want one.
Old 04-17-2014, 05:58 AM
FlyBono24
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

WOW... not a big fan of the C7 base model, but the Z06 looks way better!! Now if it will be under $90k...
Old 04-18-2014, 10:25 AM
NofakeJake
Melting Slicks

Received 206 Likes on 136 Posts

This is a small thing but washing, waxing and detailing the car will be a pain in the butt. All the painted black plastic vents as well as the black plastic aero around the wheels will look terrible in a few years. Just a bad design if you want to keep a car looking as new for many years. A C5 is a walk in the park next to a C7. Even a C6 ain't bad.

If water dripping from your side mirrors drives you crazy now, wait til you try and dry a C7 Z06.. Ok, I'm speculating, but the back of a C6 sucks up a ton of dirt and dust and drips around the tail lights. The back of the C7 has a ton of crevasses and the spats are going to be a PITA.

Having seen a C7 last weekend, it validated some of what I'm talking about. There were water spots on the black vents and plastic trim. If you're lazy, start looking for a good detail shop now. And how will you detail the front black plastic aero package when it is pitted from sand, dust and debris as you're blowing by on the freeway at 70 MPH or following anything.

I doubt you're wrapping the front aero with X-PEL?

Shut up! You know I'm right...
Old 04-18-2014, 11:41 PM
VetteVinnie
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,679 Likes on 1,070 Posts

Originally Posted by NofakeJake
This is a small thing but washing, waxing and detailing the car will be a pain in the butt. All the painted black plastic vents as well as the black plastic aero around the wheels will look terrible in a few years. Just a bad design if you want to keep a car looking as new for many years. A C5 is a walk in the park next to a C7. Even a C6 ain't bad. If water dripping from your side mirrors drives you crazy now, wait til you try and dry a C7 Z06.. Ok, I'm speculating, but the back of a C6 sucks up a ton of dirt and dust and drips around the tail lights. The back of the C7 has a ton of crevasses and the spats are going to be a PITA. Having seen a C7 last weekend, it validated some of what I'm talking about. There were water spots on the black vents and plastic trim. If you're lazy, start looking for a good detail shop now. And how will you detail the front black plastic aero package when it is pitted from sand, dust and debris as you're blowing by on the freeway at 70 MPH or following anything. I doubt you're wrapping the front aero with X-PEL? Shut up! You know I'm right...
I use a high CFM dog grooming dryer on my car. Water dripping is non existent.
Old 07-10-2014, 01:13 AM
Varmit
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 58 Likes on 45 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by musclecar6
Love the pearl nickel wheels with red calipers ( Yeah, I'm one of those who think black wheels are the easiest way to make a vette fugly).
Old 07-10-2014, 04:38 AM
pelle756
2nd Gear

Great looking car, thanks for the pics!
Old 07-10-2014, 03:26 PM
TripleBlack99
Burning Brakes

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

This is a small thing but washing, waxing and detailing the car will be a pain in the butt. All the painted black plastic vents as well as the black plastic aero around the wheels will look terrible in a few years. Just a bad design if you want to keep a car looking as new for many years. A C5 is a walk in the park next to a C7. Even a C6 ain't bad.

If water dripping from your side mirrors drives you crazy now, wait til you try and dry a C7 Z06.. Ok, I'm speculating, but the back of a C6 sucks up a ton of dirt and dust and drips around the tail lights. The back of the C7 has a ton of crevasses and the spats are going to be a PITA.

Having seen a C7 last weekend, it validated some of what I'm talking about. There were water spots on the black vents and plastic trim. If you're lazy, start looking for a good detail shop now. And how will you detail the front black plastic aero package when it is pitted from sand, dust and debris as you're blowing by on the freeway at 70 MPH or following anything.

I doubt you're wrapping the front aero with X-PEL?

Shut up! You know I'm right...
you're right, it's a small thing.
Old 07-10-2014, 10:08 PM
NofakeJake
Melting Slicks

Received 206 Likes on 136 Posts

Originally Posted by TripleBlack99
you're right, it's a small thing.
That coming from a C5 owner. ..
Old 07-11-2014, 06:09 AM
Shurshot
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Putting aside the spats it is a good looking car, one that can make your mouth water.

That being said the 5 distinctly different colors of the OP car is too many different colors in one car.

At least drop the red calipers or switch the interior
Old 07-11-2014, 01:17 PM
TripleBlack99
Burning Brakes

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

That coming from a C5 owner. ..
nope, try again. the first 3 letters of assume are?
Old 07-11-2014, 03:13 PM
BadboyZ06
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Thanks for the nice pics! The Tiger Shark Gray in that configuration, wheels and interior looks great!! It would be tough to choose between this combo and the Laguna Blue.

I'm a C6 fan too but the more I see the C7 it's growing on my. I have not had the pleasure you had of seeing the C7Z in person but hopefully one day soon.

Get notified of new replies

To Saw the new ZO6 up close and personal!

Old 07-11-2014, 04:09 PM
nethomas
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

I think the shark gray will be the color I choose. I am thinking the Adrenaline Red will be my interior. I currently have the Cyber gray C7 with black interior. When I was at Bloomington Gold a couple of weeks ago, they had a Blade Silver vert with the Red interior and it really looked good. I think the red with the TSG should also look really good. I think that black or Laguna blue might be a bit to dark to really show off the carbon fiber. A friend of mine has the Blade Silver C7 and it really makes the black vents and molding stand out. Currently I am #2 on the list at my dealer for the Z06.
Old 07-11-2014, 07:50 PM
bigterpsfan
Melting Slicks

Received 69 Likes on 28 Posts

Looks very good, just wish the wing didn't look so tacked on. Looks aftermarket.
Old 07-11-2014, 09:22 PM
farne230
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I want one.

Quick Reply: Saw the new ZO6 up close and personal!