C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Tire ?

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2014, 08:53 PM
ROUTE 66
Burning Brakes

Received 79 Likes on 51 Posts

Default Tire ?

Thinking about buying new tires for a Z06. I have been running Michelin pilot super sport but thinking of switching to Nito Inzo.
Has any one used both types? If so which tire had the best dry traction. Both strait line and cornering. Cornering being more important. Thanks.

I posted this in the wrong section.
Would someone please relocate this in the C6 ZO6 section.
Thank You.

Last edited by ROUTE 66; 03-05-2014 at 09:13 PM. Reason: Posted in wrong section.
Old 03-05-2014, 09:14 PM
CGZO6
Drifting

Received 325 Likes on 180 Posts

Originally Posted by ROUTE 66
Thinking about buying new tires for a Z06. I have been running Michelin pilot super sport but thinking of switching to Nito Inzo.
Has any one used both types? If so which tire had the best dry traction. Both strait line and cornering. Cornering being more important. Thanks.
Guess you meant to post in the C6 Z06 section.

I've run Invos on street and HPDE, decent tire. Currently running Mich PSS (non run-flat) in 285 and 345 (oversize). Love the Michelin. The sidewalls are a little taller with the oversize tires. Speedo is 60, gps reads 62. The awesome thing is the larger sidewalls give a much smoother ride (don't feel every crack in the road).

I won't be getting the Invos again.

Haven't used the PSS's on track, but by the MILLIONS of tire threads on the C6 Z06 forum section, the Michelin is rated better for cornering and strait line traction.
Old 03-05-2014, 09:26 PM
ROUTE 66
Burning Brakes

Received 79 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by CGZO6
Guess you meant to post in the C6 Z06 section.

I've run Invos on street and HPDE, decent tire. Currently running Mich PSS (non run-flat) in 285 and 345 (oversize). Love the Michelin. The sidewalls are a little taller with the oversize tires. Speedo is 60, gps reads 62. The awesome thing is the larger sidewalls give a much smoother ride (don't feel every crack in the road).

I won't be getting the Invos again.

Haven't used the PSS's on track, but by the MILLIONS of tire threads on the C6 Z06 forum section, the Michelin is rated better for cornering and strait line traction.
I am running the PSS they were ok in hot weather but in cold weather/cold pavement almost like I am on ice. Spooky I thought the nito might be better. Thanks for you input.
Old 03-05-2014, 10:20 PM
ctsv510
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I am running the PSS they were ok in hot weather but in cold weather/cold pavement almost like I am on ice. Spooky I thought the nito might be better. Thanks for you input.
Any extreme performance summer tire will be like that in the winter. They're not made for freezing temperatures.
Old 03-06-2014, 01:06 PM
oicw
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was hoping that's not the case with PSS, as I'm looking at replacing my Cups with those.

Where would you say the temp cutoff is? 70? 60? 50?

My Cups suck in anything less than 70 deg, without a serious effort to warm them up.
Old 03-06-2014, 01:19 PM
thebishman
Melting Slicks

Received 733 Likes on 481 Posts

Originally Posted by oicw
I was hoping that's not the case with PSS, as I'm looking at replacing my Cups with those.

Where would you say the temp cutoff is? 70? 60? 50?

My Cups suck in anything less than 70 deg, without a serious effort to warm them up.
I have Michelin PSS on my M5 and they perform great down to at least 40F. Probably the best all round ultra-high performance street tyre I've ever used.
Bish
Old 03-06-2014, 02:10 PM
oicw
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's good to hear Bish. I probably won't be driving or pushing my car beneath 50F/10C.

I just got Pilot Sport A/S 3 for my daily driver, suppose to have really good wet/dry traction at all temps. But too bad they don't make them in Vette sizes.

Get notified of new replies

To Tire ?

Quick Reply: Tire ?