C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

2009 F430 F1 or C7Z, which would you do?

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2014, 02:11 PM
ravill
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BeaZt
Thanks for your input. Quick questions, did you read the entire thread? Why do you think you're important enough for me to provide proof to? What is to be gained by lying about a vehicle?
Yes, I was very much entertained by reading the whole thread.

You got a PPI, it needs a clutch and various other things. And you decided to get it.

GREAT!!

Now lets see some pics.

Here's a pic of a few of my pasta rockets.

Old 02-21-2014, 02:21 PM
BeaZt
Le Mans Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14

Originally Posted by ravill

You got a PPI, it needs a clutch and various other things. And you decided to get it.

GREAT!!

Now lets see some pics.

Impressive pic, I said it needed a clutch, pre cats unless aftermarket system is bought and a new underbody. I also said that I would price these out and decide from there Nice Ducati.
Old 02-21-2014, 04:20 PM
DannyKing
Burning Brakes

Impressive pic, I said it needed a clutch, pre cats unless aftermarket system is bought and a new underbody. I also said that I would price these out and decide from there Nice Ducati.
Am i the only one missing something? You CAN NOT buy an 09 F430 for $80k. I have owned two F430s and post on ferrarichat...no where can you buy one for $80k, maybe with a branded tile/Euro spec car! Where is this car ? Maybe post the vin and i can share with you the service records....would love to help!!
Old 02-21-2014, 04:42 PM
BeaZt
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '14

Originally Posted by DannyKing
Am i the only one missing something? You CAN NOT buy an 09 F430 for $80k. I have owned two F430s and post on ferrarichat...no where can you buy one for $80k, maybe with a branded tile/Euro spec car! Where is this car ? Maybe post the vin and i can share with you the service records....would love to help!!
Pm sent
Old 02-21-2014, 04:45 PM
ALLANB
Pro

Originally Posted by DannyKing
Well have to say I have seen all sorts of amazing deals out there. Auctions, repos, divorce sales..etc. Used to be in real estate so saw lot of desperate people.
And more variables with cars. Rebuilt title, flood damaged ,stolen..

Although this one sounds too good to be true you just never know. But yeah when its this cheap most of us do find it hard to believe.

And really pics don't mean anything anyway. I can post a pic of a car that isn't mine. I usually when buying a car long distance make the owner post a pic/scan of his drivers and car registration.Next to his personal residence . I ask for home and work numbers, do a lot of due diligence when buying long distance. I bought my last 911 turbo long distance private but everything worked out great. But you have to be careful lots of scammers out there.
Obviously want to run the car for prior accidents and all that. Last year found a 911 turbo for pretty good price. But quick check of vin showed a 20k plus accident on the car. Passed on it of course. A high end car with a big accident is going to go for fraction of what it would with clean history.

Sounds like this car may need 5 or 10 k likely right away. And it does have higher mileage than many that I see. Still could be a great bargain.
Old 02-21-2014, 05:46 PM
LS1LT1
Team Owner

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by NICK YOSKIN
Honestly the vette is a GM product versus a Ferrari product ....think about it for a moment.
Well, hold on there now, that's not always quite as 'cut & dry' as one might think.
The C7 Z06 is a (awesome) GM product, true. But, not ALL (used) Ferrari products necessarily trump all GM products either.
Case in point:

Last edited by LS1LT1; 02-21-2014 at 06:10 PM.
Old 02-21-2014, 06:15 PM
kbreese
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 740 Likes on 361 Posts

Originally Posted by phantasms
Listen...I've been around a lot of 430's and have driven several of them. I was in the first one that was [illegally] imported into America. I just don't like the lines of it at all. And amongst the Ferrari crowd many of them consider the 430 not to be Ferrari's finest hour with the sketch pen either. Ferrari knew it and they fixed a lot of the issues with the Scuderia. But ignore the prancing horse badge and really look at those lines...in person if you have to...it's just not a good looking car. I'll go so far as saying if you do think it's good looking you're lacking in the style/taste department. A face only a mother could love on that thing. I'll take a Challenge Stradale, or many other Ferrari's, all day over an F430.

Best,
Gene

p.s. notice the little prancing horse on the bottom right of my avatar. I've probably driven over twenty Ferrari's and have been in several more. A Ferrari hater I most certainly am not.
I have to admit the 430 does look a bit dated now. My favorite is the 458 Italia...LOVE that car.
Old 02-22-2014, 08:32 AM
phantasms
Leeds.io
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 398 Likes on 239 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14-'15-'16
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Originally Posted by kbreese
I have to admit the 430 does look a bit dated now. My favorite is the 458 Italia...LOVE that car.
The 458 is absolutely awesome and it's such an increases in performance over the 430 as well. Here's a shot I took on 7 mile drive when I was out in a friend's zebra striped 430 one morning during the Pebble show last year.

Best,
Gene

Name:  fhf82HM.jpg
Views: 15
Size:  667.5 KB

Last edited by phantasms; 02-22-2014 at 08:35 AM.
Old 02-22-2014, 08:34 AM
phantasms
Leeds.io
Support Corvetteforum!

NCM Sinkhole Donor

Originally Posted by ravill

GREAT!!

Now lets see some pics.

Love the 1098!
Old 02-22-2014, 11:08 AM
kbreese
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

The 458 is absolutely awesome and it's such an increases in performance over the 430 as well. Here's a shot I took on 7 mile drive when I was out in a friend's zebra striped 430 one morning during the Pebble show last year.

Best,
Gene

Cool picture and interesting color! And yeah the 458 is Awesome, I have two 1:18 scale models of it, one of which is a $500 resin model, it's really nice. Can't afford the real thing, so these will have to do.

The car you have on order isn't too shabby either When I first saw your location I thought it said Medford, and I was going to ask you to let me take it for a spin
Old 02-22-2014, 04:27 PM
phantasms
Leeds.io
Support Corvetteforum!

NCM Sinkhole Donor

Cool picture and interesting color! And yeah the 458 is Awesome, I have two 1:18 scale models of it, one of which is a $500 resin model, it's really nice. Can't afford the real thing, so these will have to do.

The car you have on order isn't too shabby either When I first saw your location I thought it said Medford, and I was going to ask you to let me take it for a spin
Well I grew up on and moved from LI 4 years back. Nassau county area. So I'm on the island pretty often. When these things start hitting the streets hit me up and we'll at least go for a ride. I can't promise that I'll let someone I met over the internet take it for a spin...but I have let other people drive my cars before.

Best,
Gene
Old 02-22-2014, 04:44 PM
kbreese
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Well I grew up on and moved from LI 4 years back. Nassau county area. So I'm on the island pretty often. When these things start hitting the streets hit me up and we'll at least go for a ride. I can't promise that I'll let someone I met over the internet take it for a spin...but I have let other people drive my cars before.

Best,
Gene
Awesome, and yeah I understand completely. I'd probably be too nervous to drive it anyhow. I'm out East in Suffolk, and I am no longer a vette owner. I currently drive a 2012 Mustang 5.0, so hopefully we can still be friends, haha.
Old 02-22-2014, 04:58 PM
phantasms
Leeds.io
Support Corvetteforum!

NCM Sinkhole Donor

Awesome, and yeah I understand completely. I'd probably be too nervous to drive it anyhow. I'm out East in Suffolk, and I am no longer a vette owner. I currently drive a 2012 Mustang 5.0, so hopefully we can still be friends, haha.
Absolutely. I'm a lover of all cars...well...the ones that don't suck at least.

Best,
Gene
Old 02-22-2014, 04:58 PM
C7 4 Me
Burning Brakes

Wife brought me back to my senses. F430 isn't for me.
You were considering purchasing a car from a guy facing federal charges (or being sentenced soon?) and headed to the slammer? Did you consider what you would do in the event that you purchased this car from this guy for $80k, and then the Federal Government confiscated it under the RICO act or some other provision??
Old 02-22-2014, 05:11 PM
Pro

Received 103 Likes on 58 Posts

Maintenance not being an issue is one thing...not having a warranty epescially on a used Ferrari is another thing. Your great deal can turn into a $hit deal with just one major F-car repair.

Last edited by 500; 02-22-2014 at 05:13 PM.
Old 02-22-2014, 09:02 PM
MavsAK
Melting Slicks

Received 43 Likes on 34 Posts

C7Z.

Everytime.

Now a 458 on the other hand.. THAT car is pure sex.
The 430 I've never liked the looks of.
Old 02-22-2014, 10:51 PM
65 fi
Drifting

Received 139 Likes on 83 Posts

For 80,000, the 430 is a no- brainer. Just remember: exotic car means exotic problems. Post purchase, dump it and take your profit and run.
Everything shared about Ferraris is true. They are sexy and sound wonderful but they can suck a bank account dry. The Corvette is a no worries friendly driver, as are a number of less exotic cars.

Chick magnet? Maybe but there plenty of women that prefer someone with more common sense?

Get notified of new replies

To 2009 F430 F1 or C7Z, which would you do?

Old 02-23-2014, 02:13 AM
acarroll7715
Burning Brakes

Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by C7 4 Me
You were considering purchasing a car from a guy facing federal charges (or being sentenced soon?) and headed to the slammer? Did you consider what you would do in the event that you purchased this car from this guy for $80k, and then the Federal Government confiscated it under the RICO act or some other provision??
The likeliness of that happening is zero. I'm a subcontractor for the US Marshal's and deal with confiscated DEA/ATF/FBI assets on a daily basis. If he purchased the car and all of the paperwork regarding the sale was thoroughly completed there is nothing the government would/could do. The most they would try to do is question the buyer of the vehicle and look at transaction records to make sure the seller didn't launder or transfer the funds away.
Old 02-23-2014, 04:14 AM
AMGPilot
Drifting

Go for the F430!!!!

You can do the regularly scheduled maintenance yourself and save the labor costs
Old 03-02-2014, 09:48 AM
3 Z06ZR1
Team Owner

Received 900 Likes on 742 Posts

Originally Posted by skank
Maintenance not being a issue? You have got to be kidding!!! I've owned a few Ferraris and maintenance is a huge issue. $500.00 Agip oil changes, $200.00 per hour dealer shop time for any little fix. Broken windshield replacement at 3K-5K depending on which model. Outrageous insurance premiums and oh by the way don't put any mileage on it because you'll loose value big time. Ferrari's with 30K-40K on the odometer are tough to get rid of. Nobody wants a high mileage Ferrari. The new ZO6 will walk all over it and the 430 will not even be comparable from a performance or technology perspective. Good luck if you decide to go the Ferrari route. A lot of people buy older ones just to showboat than realize how much that ego stroke cost them.

http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum...ad.php?t=30160
C7Z all the way! The old Ferrari is over priced at 1/2 price!

Quick Reply: 2009 F430 F1 or C7Z, which would you do?