C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Just back from the Detroit show

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2014, 11:51 PM
OH THREE Z
Melting Slicks

Received 478 Likes on 280 Posts
2018 C4 of Year Finalist

Default Just back from the Detroit show

I wanted to post a couple of quick thoughts concerning the show and the new Z06. There isn't much i can add about the Z other than it is absolutely sick, stunning, stupendous, and just a flat out bad azz no excuse car. I knew going in that I would like it, but I did not expect to be blown away as the base C7 really did not do it for me. This car is unfreaking believable and the level of expected performance is just icing on the cake.

The C7's there were the first that I have sat in. Anybody IMO who states that the C7 is as roomy as a C6 is not being realistic. I am 6' 205 lbs and broad shouldered. While I still felt comfortable in the car, it was a noticeably more "snug" fit than my C6. If I was 2 or 3 inches taller and or 25 lbs+ heavier I'm not sure if it would work for me.

The competition seats look very nice, but again may be too snug for me. To me it felt like the side bolsters kept my back from completely resting against the seat back. I did not even think to check to see if the bolsters are adjustable (major brain cramp on my part) if they are then these are a must have option.

If you are on the fence, get off of it and place your order even if it is sight unseen.. It's flat out sick

BTW the new Z/28 looks. Probably the best looking wheel GM has ever put on a production car.

The roped off Viper was about as popular (measured by crowd size) as the Jeep Compass display. Way to drum up interest in you car that is on life support.

Team Corvette
Old 01-24-2014, 11:55 PM
jdmvette
Night Owl for life
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,247 Likes on 1,668 Posts

pics?
Old 01-25-2014, 12:13 AM
OH THREE Z
Melting Slicks

2018 C4 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by jdmvette
pics?
Hell no, I left my phone on the dryer this am before I left

As crowded as it was good pics would have been difficult anyway. The pics on the web are better than I could have done.
Old 01-25-2014, 12:13 AM
slief
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by OH THREE Z
I wanted to post a couple of quick thoughts concerning the show and the new Z06. There isn't much i can add about the Z other than it is absolutely sick, stunning, stupendous, and just a flat out bad azz no excuse car. I knew going in that I would like it, but I did not expect to be blown away as the base C7 really did not do it for me. This car is unfreaking believable and the level of expected performance is just icing on the cake.

The C7's there were the first that I have sat in. Anybody IMO who states that the C7 is as roomy as a C6 is not being realistic. I am 6' 205 lbs and broad shouldered. While I still felt comfortable in the car, it was a noticeably more "snug" fit than my C6. If I was 2 or 3 inches taller and or 25 lbs+ heavier I'm not sure if it would work for me.

The competition seats look very nice, but again may be too snug for me. To me it felt like the side bolsters kept my back from completely resting against the seat back. I did not even think to check to see if the bolsters are adjustable (major brain cramp on my part) if they are then these are a must have option.

If you are on the fence, get off of it and place your order even if it is sight unseen.. It's flat out sick

BTW the new Z/28 looks. Probably the best looking wheel GM has ever put on a production car.

The roped off Viper was about as popular (measured by crowd size) as the Jeep Compass display. Way to drum up interest in you car that is on life support.

Team Corvette
Thanks for sharing your thoughts! I wish I could have seent the Z06 in person but I will live vicariously through you.

On the subject of the seat bolsters on the comp seats. I just got my C7 with comp seats and the upper bolsters are in fact adjustable but you are right in that depending on how you have the adjusted, they can certainly feel snug. Even for my small 5'6" frame. I have to say though that I love the comp seats. They are so far superior than my C6 Z06 seats were that's unfathomable that they are a stock option in this car.
Old 01-25-2014, 08:46 AM
Racerdj
Melting Slicks

Received 284 Likes on 180 Posts

Thanks for your written report.
Old 01-25-2014, 09:14 AM
Runs11s
Pro

Received 39 Likes on 28 Posts

For me, seeing the C7 coupe in person was so much more powerful than anything else.

I'm hoping seeing the C7Z has the same effect. Seeing the Gen V Viper sure did.
Old 01-25-2014, 02:10 PM
deathangel
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Last night I saw the C7 in person for the very first time at the Harrisburg Auto show. I wasn't blown away like I thought I would be. I don't know if it was the fact that the display car was sporting a 4x4 stance?? The chrome bar on the grill is overkill, the rear taillights work great on the new design. Overall beautiful car.
Old 01-26-2014, 03:20 AM
OH THREE Z
Melting Slicks

2018 C4 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by deathangel
Last night I saw the C7 in person for the very first time at the Harrisburg Auto show. I wasn't blown away like I thought I would be. I don't know if it was the fact that the display car was sporting a 4x4 stance?? The chrome bar on the grill is overkill, the rear taillights work great on the new design. Overall beautiful car.
I would not trade my Z06 straight up for for even a loaded narrow body. The new Z amplifies the C7 styling by 10. Incredible looking

Get notified of new replies

To Just back from the Detroit show

Quick Reply: Just back from the Detroit show