C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Shocked they didn't fix the rear facia...

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2014, 07:25 PM
GrinderZ06
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A giant white tipped pimple on a supermodel's *** is a good analogy for the C7 rear fascia.

A simple change would resolve the issue, keep the taillight shape, but whack the "running mascara" bezels surrounding them. It looks exceedingly cheap, no way in hell would Porsche, BMW or Mercedes put such a horrid design element on one of their cars.
Old 01-14-2014, 07:30 PM
GrinderZ06
Pro

Originally Posted by Snorman
Thankfully, they left one of the best parts of the car untouched.
And what a trolling thread. You'd have thought people would have gotten over it last year.
S.
I'm not trolling....I was truly disappointed they didn't fix the disaster. The tail light shape is fine, just get rid of the running mascara bezel surrounding them.
Old 01-14-2014, 07:32 PM
heavychevy
Safety Car

Received 179 Likes on 112 Posts

You guys ignoring the fact that the rear fascia is the most controversial part on the car are in denial. It's widely viewed as the single worst looking part on the car, and for good reason.

The majority of people can't stand the car for that one reason alone.

I don't hate it, but it's hard to look past. Way too busy, too many things going on, too many conflicting design statements, no flow to it. Without a doubt they costs themselves several thousand sales with that alone.
Old 01-14-2014, 07:37 PM
Z06 RB
Race Director

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I wasn't sold on it when the C7 was introduced, but it's grown on me to the point that I think it looks good.
Old 01-14-2014, 07:50 PM
camirocz
Melting Slicks

Received 53 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by KINGZ06
Good Knight eeeennnooouuuggghhh!!!!! With the rear end stuff. It's here to stay and in a year no one will miss the old dated round look.
Very well put.
Old 01-14-2014, 07:53 PM
camirocz
Melting Slicks

Received 53 Likes on 34 Posts

You dont like it then dont buy it.The rest of us will.
Old 01-14-2014, 07:57 PM
senah
Burning Brakes

Received 122 Likes on 101 Posts

Originally Posted by Steve@HPE
I'm not trolling....I was truly disappointed they didn't fix the disaster. The tail light shape is fine, just get rid of the running mascara bezel surrounding them.
this is the best compromise

http://www.cstatic-images.com/photot...4/B7919/03.jpg

or you can paint the bezels body color
Old 01-14-2014, 08:00 PM
DREAMERAK
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14, '16

Originally Posted by heavychevy
you guys ignoring the fact that the rear fascia is the most controversial part on the car are in denial. It's widely viewed as the single worst looking part on the car, and for good reason.

the majority of people can't stand the car for that one reason alone.

I don't hate it, but it's hard to look past. Way too busy, too many things going on, too many conflicting design statements, no flow to it. without a doubt they costs themselves several thousand sales with that alone.
Complete BS
Old 01-14-2014, 08:14 PM
tail_lights
Race Director

Received 252 Likes on 210 Posts

Originally Posted by Paulchristian
A subtle difference between the C7R and ZO6 rear is that lights on the C7R lights are not boxed in with lines like the ZO6. I, for one, would love to see that subtle chnage made.
I knew there was something, but didn't give it a close enough look.
Old 01-14-2014, 08:20 PM
Snorman
Scraping the splitter.
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,028 Likes on 486 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15

It's widely viewed as the single worst looking part on the car, and for good reason.

I don't hate it, but it's hard to look past. Way too busy, too many things going on, too many conflicting design statements, no flow to it. Without a doubt they costs themselves several thousand sales with that alone.
What a steaming pile of crap claim.

I can't imagine where some of you come up with such utter nonsense.
S.
Old 01-14-2014, 08:20 PM
Hirohawa
Le Mans Master

Received 248 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by Paulchristian
A subtle difference between the C7R and ZO6 rear is that lights on the C7R lights are not boxed in with lines like the ZO6. The verticle lines are not there and the horizontal line at the bottom of the lights extrend across the rear. I think this looks MUCH MUCH better than the ZO6. It would make the rear look cleaner and wider while accentuating the curve of the rear. I, for one, would love to see that subtle chnage made.

The lines of the C7R rear are much nicer. Just cleaner and more unified in design. Also the deletion of the 4 giant round exhaust pipes help as well. Hopefully a taste of things to come.
Old 01-14-2014, 08:25 PM
GrinderZ06
Pro

Originally Posted by senah

Yep, that looks MUCH better
Old 01-14-2014, 08:25 PM
shadeshift
Racer

Received 31 Likes on 15 Posts

Shocked you were expecting a key piece of the new Corvette design language to suddenly disappear on the Z06 because you happen to not like them. Shocked you haven't realized GM and Corvette have evolved and you haven't. Shocked you think your crying about aesthetics will make any difference as if you were expecting it to. Shocked mods have let the 987th butthurt C7 taillight whinefest thread stay unlocked... Look at what they've achieved, yet all you can do is pout? Wow...
Old 01-14-2014, 08:30 PM
C6Sixspeed
Racer

A giant white tipped pimple on a supermodel's *** is a good analogy for the C7 rear fascia.

A simple change would resolve the issue, keep the taillight shape, but whack the "running mascara" bezels surrounding them. It looks exceedingly cheap, no way in hell would Porsche, BMW or Mercedes put such a horrid design element on one of their cars.
BMW has never had a bad design? I guess you forgot about the Chris Bangle "Bangle Butt" M6. One of the worst rear ends ever designed.
Old 01-14-2014, 08:45 PM
autodesign21
Burning Brakes

Received 198 Likes on 69 Posts

AMEN brother!

What a steaming pile of crap claim.

I can't imagine where some of you come up with such utter nonsense.
S.
Old 01-14-2014, 08:46 PM
GrinderZ06
Pro

Originally Posted by shadeshift
Shocked you were expecting a key piece of the new Corvette design language to suddenly disappear on the Z06 because you happen to not like them. Shocked you haven't realized GM and Corvette have evolved and you haven't. Shocked you think your crying about aesthetics will make any difference as if you were expecting it to. Shocked mods have let the 987th butthurt C7 taillight whinefest thread stay unlocked... Look at what they've achieved, yet all you can do is pout? Wow...
LOL! Worse yet, they changed the logo to look like the bird on the hood of the 70's Tran-Am. Complete fail.
Old 01-14-2014, 09:13 PM
Snorman
Scraping the splitter.
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,028 Likes on 486 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15

LOL! Worse yet, they changed the logo to look like the bird on the hood of the 70's Tran-Am. Complete fail.
I guess you have nothing better to do with your life than troll the C7 sections fishing for responses.
And some people actually wonder why C6 owners get such a bad rap around here. You're a perfect example.
S.

Get notified of new replies

To Shocked they didn't fix the rear facia...

Old 01-14-2014, 09:18 PM
MikeyTX
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,186 Likes on 1,337 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15- '16-'17-‘18-‘19-'20-'21
NCM Lifetime Member

I guess you have nothing better to do with your life than troll the C7 sections fishing for responses.
And some people actually wonder why C6 owners get such a bad rap around here. You're a perfect example.
S.
Does he even own one ?
Old 01-14-2014, 09:23 PM
NytmereZ
Le Mans Master

Received 295 Likes on 161 Posts

Originally Posted by Mopar Jimmy
I LOVE the C7 Z06 but still don't like the rear end but the car is bad azz enough in all other categories of its looks, performance, technology and interior, that I plan on having one in the not too distant future.

Bottom line is I don't like the rear end it does look like what I would expect to see a modernized transam, but it is not a deal breaker for me and I will go over it with time.
You guys ignoring the fact that the rear fascia is the most controversial part on the car are in denial. It's widely viewed as the single worst looking part on the car, and for good reason.

It does look better in person, but the whole problem is that they nailed the car right on in every other part, the hood looks great sides, etc... It looks so good everywhere else the average looking back end doesn't mesh with the rest of the car, it would be easy for them to change the plastic surrounding the lights, that alone would make a big difference.
Old 01-14-2014, 09:26 PM
NytmereZ
Le Mans Master

Received 295 Likes on 161 Posts

Originally Posted by senah

That does fix the problem, I actually like the taillights

Quick Reply: Shocked they didn't fix the rear facia...