C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Horrible, just horrible reveal and presentation...

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2014, 01:05 PM
FrankLP
Miles of Smiles
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 540 Likes on 365 Posts
2016 C5 of the Year Finalist

The "live" video/footage leading up to the reveal was better and more entertaining than the actual reveal IMHO. I expected the reveal to show more of the Z06 versus the presenter. I think the Stingray's reveal was executed much better.
Old 01-13-2014, 01:06 PM
BMadden
Safety Car

Received 1,838 Likes on 660 Posts

Originally Posted by zcarbon
I enjoyed the view of panoramic I-696 and I-75
morons
Yeah, for a second there I thought they had moved the big event to Monaco.
Old 01-13-2014, 02:49 PM
Mopar Jimmy
Team Owner

Location: Elmhurst, IL (West Suburb of Chicago) & Home of MEGA Horsepower
Received 584 Likes on 399 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06

Originally Posted by Chicago1
had a bunch of people here at work watch it and they all said the same thing. that's it? It was boring barley showed the car no details. I know more about GM as a company then about the new Z. It was lame no excitement even the crowd was dull as the announcer. That was borderline bad. No one seemed excited time they really need to work on this unvealing thing. The car is bad *** but nothing "special" we didn't already know. i was expecting a show, some passion, some heart..Guy didn't seem like he cared
That was LAME AS HECK for such an awesome new Corvette that is the fastest one ever made!!

90 percent of the video was the caravan going to the unveiling.

To make matters worse the darn video did not even show the C7 Z and C7 R side by side or any simultaneous visuaul shots at all (REALLY, that is LAME)!!!!! Big Marketing fail!!!!!
Old 01-13-2014, 03:43 PM
lake_bueller
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What we learned during this press release?

That the new Chevy Silverado was named North American Truck of the Year. I think that was mentioned more than the term "Z06".

Oh yeah....corvettez06.com STILL doesn't exist
Old 01-13-2014, 04:56 PM
SUB VETTE
SUBVETTE
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 89 Likes on 62 Posts

Chevrolet.com gives all the specs and some decent verbage. Forget the reveal.
Old 01-14-2014, 02:22 AM
B747VET
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 862 Likes on 404 Posts

This was not a reveal for you or me. It was a quick and dirty reveal/introduction for the global automotive press. After which they invited everyone in the press to come up on the platform for one-on-one Q&A's with the Corvette design, manufacturing, and racing team members.

You and I were invited to watch a show for these people. They've got a whole year to sell you and me.
Old 01-14-2014, 07:45 AM
CarBoy
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by travisnd
Car = amazing

Reveal = poor

CorvetteZ06.com not working = very poor

If you're not going to give specs at reaveal and then throw up a "check out www.CorvetteZ06.com" message the dang site better work.
If you like your standard transmission you can keep it.....
Old 01-14-2014, 12:43 PM
JC7
Safety Car

Received 34 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by JerriVette
I enjoyed the reveal. The car laps faster than a zr1 at its first outing at the track...

More downforce than any car ever tested..

Two transmissions including a performance 8 speed automatic..

Lift off roof panels..

This is all the things so many have asked for...

60 percent stiffer chassis than the last Z06...

PTM MRC rev matching 7 speed manual or 8 speed performance automatic..

625 hp and 635 lb ft of tq...

I think GM did an excellent job of presenting the new C7 Z06 to the world...
Damn Hot Ride! the C6 is lost in the dust!!!
Old 01-14-2014, 01:38 PM
SUB VETTE
SUBVETTE
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 89 Likes on 62 Posts

Also found a very good detailed presentation of the new Z06 on the corvette museum website www.corvettemuseum.org
Old 01-14-2014, 01:41 PM
o2baZR1
Racer

Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Wass
The Z will be awesome, but the reveal wasn't. When the C7R was introduced the music was so loud I couldn't hear the exhaust note! What were they thinking!
I felt the exact same way. I HATE music in car vids, like those on youtube for example. It is annoying as holy hell and during a reveal it's even worse. At the same time, I'm sure you heard it for a second or two when they first fired up the 'R' and that thing was freakin' raucous! Like music to my ears, and I'm sure many others', but I wouldn't be surprised if someone at GM thought that from a marketing perspective, that was a bit too raw for a stage presentation. They could have easily remedied that though by just letting us hear some revs on the Z06 when it came out. You can't drive it or even sit in it, so the only visceral thing you can really experience is the rumble. That would have been a tasty element to add to the presentation IMO.

I remember back before the C7 reveal Jan 2013 when Tadge went on for 15 minutes just about the new flags. I really would liked to have seen them spend much more time presenting details of the C7 Z06, even if it included some info we've already heard. We've waited months for this event and a bunch of us stayed awake all night. They should have made more of a fuss over it. The reveal may have been targeted mostly for the press, but IMO they'd have been better off to include the general public as more than just incidental spectators.

Last edited by o2baZR1; 01-14-2014 at 01:47 PM.
Old 01-14-2014, 06:52 PM
tonypittman
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 188 Likes on 105 Posts

Did that dude really do that fist pump action after he said "the big nasty"? OMG.
Old 01-14-2014, 07:04 PM
o2baZR1
Racer

Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by tonypittman
Did that dude really do that fist pump action after he said "the big nasty"? OMG.
if "the big nasty" ended up being the chosen label, makes one wonder what labels they rejected. gonna look weird if they actually use that in-print in adverts. coulda just as well been the label of the next Carl's Junior creation
Old 01-14-2014, 08:07 PM
tonypittman
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by o2baZR1
if "the big nasty" ended up being the chosen label, makes one wonder what labels they rejected. gonna look weird if they actually use that in-print in adverts. coulda just as well been the label of the next Carl's Junior creation
I was actually OK with "Big Nasty". But, that fist pump action. Really? LOL

Old 01-14-2014, 08:28 PM
nevillej
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mark1107
I'm bummed. How much is the car? What are the specs? I don't care about how many cars GM sold last year. Just sad.
There are numerous U-Tube links that are available for viewing, regarding pricing a fully loaded Z06 is supposed to be under 100K, how much under who knows since there are 3 levels of downforce packages available with the Z07 package being at the high end. You can go to chevy.com for some minimal spec requirements but a minimum of 625HP/635 Ft lbs of torque should get most people's juices flowing. Obviously this is basically a track ready car, for me anyway I don't track my current car so this would be more car than I could handle without some training, I bet they will offer the 3 day racing school training on this model like they did with the ZR1 but time will tell. I would be very satisfied with a used stingray with low milage that will become available by those trading up to buy one of these.
Old 01-14-2014, 08:37 PM
Michael A
Le Mans Master

Received 2,923 Likes on 1,365 Posts

Originally Posted by o2baZR1
I felt the exact same way. I HATE music in car vids, like those on youtube for example. It is annoying as holy hell and during a reveal it's even worse. At the same time, I'm sure you heard it for a second or two when they first fired up the 'R' and that thing was freakin' raucous! Like music to my ears, and I'm sure many others', but I wouldn't be surprised if someone at GM thought that from a marketing perspective, that was a bit too raw for a stage presentation. They could have easily remedied that though by just letting us hear some revs on the Z06 when it came out. You can't drive it or even sit in it, so the only visceral thing you can really experience is the rumble. That would have been a tasty element to add to the presentation IMO.

I remember back before the C7 reveal Jan 2013 when Tadge went on for 15 minutes just about the new flags. I really would liked to have seen them spend much more time presenting details of the C7 Z06, even if it included some info we've already heard. We've waited months for this event and a bunch of us stayed awake all night. They should have made more of a fuss over it. The reveal may have been targeted mostly for the press, but IMO they'd have been better off to include the general public as more than just incidental spectators.
Couldn't agree more.

It's not like the top management can't say they didn't know anything about this marketing failure. They were front and center!

GM still has a bunch of management that needs to go. It's the 21st century, and these old geezers act like it is 1970. They already had one bankruptcy. Market shares have plummeted. Are they shooting for a second bankruptcy?

GM is setting up an app store for their cars (finally!), yet the developer license agreement is written such that GM can steal your app including source code, without notification, and without licensing fees. Who's going to invest in developing GM apps? I really get the impression, that when it comes to digital technology, GM is out of their league.

Time for some fresh blood, and ideas from people who keep up with the times.

Michael
Old 01-14-2014, 09:27 PM
tonypittman
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Michael A
Couldn't agree more.

It's not like the top management can't say they didn't know anything about this marketing failure. They were front and center!

GM still has a bunch of management that needs to go. It's the 21st century, and these old geezers act like it is 1970. They already had one bankruptcy. Market shares have plummeted. Are they shooting for a second bankruptcy?

GM is setting up an app store for their cars (finally!), yet the developer license agreement is written such that GM can steal your app including source code, without notification, and without licensing fees. Who's going to invest in developing GM apps? I really get the impression, that when it comes to digital technology, GM is out of their league.

Time for some fresh blood, and ideas from people who keep up with the times.

Michael
That licensing is undoubtably the work of their CIO. If you research him, you'll find a trail of such agreements.
Old 01-15-2014, 12:15 AM
User24
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The music was awesome, for a c4 or c5 reveal.
Old 01-15-2014, 05:32 PM
Yorgaki1
Instructor

Received 53 Likes on 17 Posts

The reveal was great in person. I don't know how it was presented on line, but from my seat (first row behind the execs), it was exciting. These guys were like excited parents with their new baby. Unfortunately the passion they have for the car may not have translated well over the internet. The c7r literally shook the ground. Lots of press, great sound and lighting, and the cars had great presence on stage.

THE PRESS

THE HAPPY PARENTS:

THE SOUND IN PERSON: (TURN IT UP)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...mKwR39Fs#t=487

Quick Reply: Horrible, just horrible reveal and presentation...