C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Corvette z06 embargo lifts at 12.01 tonight!

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2014, 11:54 AM
intheboost
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by JerriVette
Go to 55.56 minutes into the autoline after hours show @ www.autoline.tv to hear the basis for my post.

NEWS FLASH:

"It (C7Z06) is faster than most people expect". You heard it here first folks.

Boom!
Old 01-10-2014, 11:55 AM
racerns
Melting Slicks

Received 118 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by GmdVT
BREAKING NEWS!! C7 Z06 to have four tires!
Not so sure, they could be trying something like this.

Old 01-10-2014, 11:56 AM
JockItch
Safety Car

Received 5,333 Likes on 1,987 Posts

Originally Posted by RedGTS
I love threads like this where the troll isn't aware he's a troll! That's awesome! It's like how O.J. convinced himself he wasn't the real killer.
If the thread doesn't fit, you must acquit.
Old 01-10-2014, 12:03 PM
elegant
Safety Car

Received 2,680 Likes on 1,231 Posts

He made a mistake, believing something he heard. He wasn't trying to plant misinformation.

Those of you who have never made a mistake, feel free to keep jumping on him. Those who have made at least one mistake, let's move on. Less than three days till we get it all.
Old 01-10-2014, 12:07 PM
JerriVette
Race Director

Received 3,948 Likes on 2,177 Posts

Originally Posted by JockItch
So, instead of just posting this video initially when explaining why you believed the embargo would be lifted today, you decided to act like you had personal first hand knowledge of this embargo from a super secret source? Why?

It's great that you are sharing info, but come on man

Plus, this guy, while I believe in his credibility, doesn't even sound so sure that it was definitely happening tonight.
The video production of the autoline after hours show which is on weekly is usually available a few minutes after the show ends around 7 pm Thursday evening.

for some reason the show was not available to link to for your viewing until 10 am this morning.

You guys can bitch and moan all you like but if you listen to the show starting at 55.56 minutes you will see where this gentleman stated the Corvette Z06 embargo is lifted at 12.01 am.

Possibly the show was not available last evening after the show for links for just that reason. Every week the show is available upon completion for viewing but last night as I posted this thread there was no show available to link to.

John McElroy is one of the most respected automotive journalist in the industry. His panel of guests throughout the year are among the most respected in the industry. Check who he has had on his previous shows if you don't believe me.

Have a nice day guys and I do apologize that the embargo did not end at 12.01 am.

Maybe the reason the show was held till 10 am today instead of last evening as usually occurs is because...

Dare I say it....Lthat the embargo is ending this evening at 12.01 ???

Don't shoot the messenger and at this point I'm just hypothesizing.
Old 01-10-2014, 12:08 PM
vegasredz062
Melting Slicks

Received 120 Likes on 61 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by elegant
He made a mistake, believing something he heard. He wasn't trying to plant misinformation.

Those of you who have never made a mistake, feel free to keep jumping on him. Those who have made at least one mistake, let's move on. Less than three days till we get it all.
we know he is not a troll.. 10 year member. Yes he did honestly make a mistake. does not change that we all are left with blue *****.

I think we are all bustin his chops.
Old 01-10-2014, 12:31 PM
phantasms
Leeds.io
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 398 Likes on 239 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14-'15-'16
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Originally Posted by vegasredz062
we know he is not a troll.. 10 year member. Yes he did honestly make a mistake. does not change that we all are left with blue *****.

I think we are all bustin his chops.
Exactly. Honest mistake. PAINFUL....but honest mistake.

Best,
Gene

p.s. hey....maybe it's tonight.
Old 01-10-2014, 12:32 PM
Flareside
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If I heard McElroy say that, I would have believed him too. Looks like he just forgot what day it was. Getting older sucks!
Old 01-10-2014, 12:36 PM
JoesC5
Team Owner

Received 1,700 Likes on 1,214 Posts

Embargo lifts 12.01 tonight and it smokes a c6 zr1
Not the first time he has stated a "fact" that was not a fact.

read the title to this post he made. http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c7-g...al-number.html
Old 01-10-2014, 12:41 PM
DRC
Pro

Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by JoesC5

read the title to this post he made. http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c7-g...al-number.html
He's from Jersey..........WHADDA YA WANT!!!
Old 01-10-2014, 01:08 PM
DREAMERAK
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14, '16

Originally Posted by JoesC5

Like you did when you said the C7 wouldn't have a optional performance exhaust?
Old 01-10-2014, 01:13 PM
slief
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

The video production of the autoline after hours show which is on weekly is usually available a few minutes after the show ends around 7 pm Thursday evening.

for some reason the show was not available to link to for your viewing until 10 am this morning.

You guys can bitch and moan all you like but if you listen to the show starting at 55.56 minutes you will see where this gentleman stated the Corvette Z06 embargo is lifted at 12.01 am.

Possibly the show was not available last evening after the show for links for just that reason. Every week the show is available upon completion for viewing but last night as I posted this thread there was no show available to link to.

John McElroy is one of the most respected automotive journalist in the industry. His panel of guests throughout the year are among the most respected in the industry. Check who he has had on his previous shows if you don't believe me.

Have a nice day guys and I do apologize that the embargo did not end at 12.01 am.

Maybe the reason the show was held till 10 am today instead of last evening as usually occurs is because...

Dare I say it....Lthat the embargo is ending this evening at 12.01 ???

Don't shoot the messenger and at this point I'm just hypothesizing.
I can't help but wonder if when they said the "Embargo will end", what they meant is that GM would provide details on the Z06 to the media so that the media can start writing their stories in advance of Monday's unveiling. That does not mean that information would become public domain. Instead, simply that the media would receive details under NDA with the agreement that any of the information provided in advance on Mondays unveil would have to be kept secret until that time. If that is the case, I could see how a journalist would be excited and may even mention that in the language he used. Something that could easily me misinterpreted.

No hard feelings Jerri! Thanks for sharing what you heard even if it wasn't what some people were hoping for. Things are getting exciting around here again and next week should be really fun at CF!
Old 01-10-2014, 01:20 PM
SouthernSon
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,106 Likes on 720 Posts

Originally Posted by pietro c7
Well...I guess she ain`t gettin none tonight.....(Yes,I learned to speak southern ,by being on this forum...)
not bad.
Old 01-10-2014, 01:50 PM
HolyRoller
Drifting

Received 39 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Zymurgy
Inappropriate language rule is still in place.
aw fudge! I mean son of a bee sting, or rather Jiminy Christmas, maybe even fiddlesticks.
Old 01-10-2014, 02:36 PM
crabman
Safety Car

Received 79 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Hirohawa
Not swearing is lame and unrealistic Disney/Lifetime BS.

Men swear - period.
I served in the Marines and then went to Alaska and worked on commercial fishing vessels all my life. Men do not swear period. In fact men don't curse in front of women or children and in public place such as a restaurant or public forum. The don't curse without reason and were you to do so where I'm from you'd be asked to desist and if you didn't there would be bloodshed. Thats how men do it.

I've nothing to add, the last word will be yours as I'm sure you're going to want to describe how 12 year olds handle cursing. The response will be noted and given due consideration.
Old 01-10-2014, 02:54 PM
musclecar6
Le Mans Master

Received 148 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by crabman
I served in the Marines and then went to Alaska and worked on commercial fishing vessels all my life. Men do not swear period. In fact men don't curse in front of women or children and in public place such as a restaurant or public forum. The don't curse without reason and were you to do so where I'm from you'd be asked to desist and if you didn't there would be bloodshed. Thats how men do it.

I've nothing to add, the last word will be yours as I'm sure you're going to want to describe how 12 year olds handle cursing. The response will be noted and given due consideration.
Men don't swear !?!?!?!?!?! What are you smoking ? Sure, guys with half a brain and a lttle civility don't carry on with profane language in situations where it's not appropriate, but they certainly do in a lot of situations where it's okay.
Old 01-10-2014, 03:05 PM
BAD2000TA
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BeaZt
I will miss it. Wife says I spend to much time on the forum lol
Damn, doesn't that sound familiar!

Get notified of new replies

To Corvette z06 embargo lifts at 12.01 tonight!

Old 01-10-2014, 03:05 PM
track junkie
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

"Corvette z06 embargo lifts at 12.01 tonight!"

Old 01-10-2014, 03:08 PM
mirage2991
Safety Car

Received 250 Likes on 163 Posts

Originally Posted by crabman

lol
Old 01-10-2014, 03:10 PM
JockItch
Safety Car

Received 5,333 Likes on 1,987 Posts

This thread is now about swearing.

Quick Reply: Corvette z06 embargo lifts at 12.01 tonight!