C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

C7 ZO6 Forum Dealer allocation numbers?

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2013, 10:22 AM
CGZO6
Drifting

Received 325 Likes on 180 Posts

Default C7 ZO6 Forum Dealer allocation numbers?

Anyone have a educated guess/opinion?
Old 12-15-2013, 12:25 PM
wgcatlga
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CGZO6
Anyone have a educated guess/opinion?
Excuse my apparent lack of knowledge in this area (and perhaps many others), but does the allocation only impact what dealers will receive to sell as they see fit, vs. the situation (mine) where I will order a specific vehicle in the color I want with the options I want?

Explanation/rationale:

In the last 30 years of car buying for my wife and I, more times than not, we've ordered a vehicle because what we wanted (color and options) wasn't available in the southeast US. The last 4 vehicles, a 2011 C6, 2 Mercedes (car and SUV) and 1 BMW (SUV) have been specific orders. It's not like we have weird tastes or wants (IMHO), but the specific vehicles just weren't available. Note, my C6 was a specific order all the way, it was a retirement present for me and I wanted to do the museum delivery with the factory tour.

I'm waiting on a Z06 model, likely I'd order one, particularly if they offer the deal where you can participate in the building of your engine as they (I believe) did with the ZR1 and Z06.
Old 12-15-2013, 03:16 PM
RicK T
Team Owner

Received 556 Likes on 452 Posts

Originally Posted by wgcatlga
does the allocation only impact what dealers will receive to sell as they see fit, vs. the situation (mine) where I will order a specific vehicle in the color I want with the options I want?
Allocation applies to anything a dealer orders, whether for stock or sold special orders.

If a dealer is allocated 10 Z06's for the model year, that is all he gets no matter how the cars are ultimately sold to customers.
Old 02-19-2014, 12:08 PM
BOBSZ06
Le Mans Master

Received 319 Likes on 205 Posts

When I bought my `01 ZO6, only certain dealers were able to order them because they had an allocation for a certain number based upon prior Corvette sales.

Q. Is that still the situation with the current model ZO6....I will have to order thru a dealer that has an allocation. Being in a small town then my local probably will not be able to as was the case in `01.

I guess this probably answers the question. This applies to the Stingray, but will likely be the same or more restrictive for the ZO6.
http://gmauthority.com/blog/2013/12/...chevy-dealers/

Last edited by BOBSZ06; 02-19-2014 at 12:33 PM.
Old 02-19-2014, 12:27 PM
NORTY
Race Director

Received 390 Likes on 244 Posts

Sure hope GM doesn't flood the market with the Z, like they did with the C6Z. Makes the car worth less if they make 35,000 of 'em....

Then again, GM is all about pedaling as many cars as possible ...

How's the value of the FORD GT doing?
Old 02-19-2014, 12:57 PM
phantasms
Leeds.io
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 398 Likes on 239 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14-'15-'16
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Originally Posted by NORTY
Sure hope GM doesn't flood the market with the Z, like they did with the C6Z. Makes the car worth less if they make 35,000 of 'em....

If you're buying Corvettes for their investment potential you need to seriously rethink your strategies.
Old 02-19-2014, 01:03 PM
GOLD72
Race Director

Received 1,106 Likes on 718 Posts

Originally Posted by RicK T
Allocation applies to anything a dealer orders, whether for stock or sold special orders.

If a dealer is allocated 10 Z06's for the model year, that is all he gets no matter how the cars are ultimately sold to customers.
And the highest volume dealers from the previous year will get the largest allocations. If allocations are not fulfilled by a dealer in the week that they are awarded, GM will redistribute those allocations to other dealers.
Old 02-19-2014, 01:16 PM
andy82
Safety Car

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
2017 C7 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by phantasms
If you're buying Corvettes for their investment potential you need to seriously rethink your strategies.
LOL. Unless its a ZL1 or 63 Split Window ;-)
Old 02-19-2014, 01:32 PM
JoesC5
Team Owner

Received 1,699 Likes on 1,213 Posts

GM originally panned on the Z06 to be 20% of the C6 production and that is what they produced during 2006, 2007, 2008 and then the economy crashed. GM did not hide the numbers they planned to produce and they sold every one of the Z06's they produced in those three years.

Should GM have restricted the sales to 1,000 in each of those years(and lost the profit on the remaining 6,000 annually) just so the resale value would be higher some 5 to 10 years later? Guess what....GM doesn't make a dime of the sale of a used car.

How much money does Ford make when a used GT sells?
Old 02-19-2014, 01:56 PM
tmcternan
Racer

Received 110 Likes on 57 Posts

Errrrrrr awe, now I'm getting real nervous...... I have my heart set on a new 2015 Z06 and I have a strong feeling I'm going to have to special order everything I want in it. And at the same time try to avoid the pitfall of dealer mark-ups or dealer packs from where I buy it. I'm out in California and I have a strong suspicion I'm going to have to find a dealer in some other part of the country and have it shipped out to me..... Any idea's????
Old 02-19-2014, 02:32 PM
BOBSZ06
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by tmcternan
Errrrrrr awe, now I'm getting real nervous...... I have my heart set on a new 2015 Z06 and I have a strong feeling I'm going to have to special order everything I want in it. And at the same time try to avoid the pitfall of dealer mark-ups or dealer packs from where I buy it. I'm out in California and I have a strong suspicion I'm going to have to find a dealer in some other part of the country and have it shipped out to me..... Any idea's????

That's what I did in `01 for mine. All dealers in CA wanted huge markups. I found a dealer in West Palm Beach, FL for MSRP that had on order the car I wanted.
I got the order and it was shipped from Bowling Green to my local dealer with a courtesy delivery, ie had to pay a fee ($500) to them to prep the car.
Old 02-19-2014, 02:50 PM
tmcternan
Racer

Originally Posted by BOBSZ06
That's what I did in `01 for mine. All dealers in CA wanted huge markups. I found a dealer in West Palm Beach, FL for MSRP that had on order the car I wanted.
I got the order and it was shipped from Bowling Green to my local dealer with a courtesy delivery, ie had to pay a fee ($500) to them to prep the car.
Really..... While the allocation numbers aren't even out yet, I have no idea what dealer to approach. I've already submitted to the fact I'm not going to be able to do any better than MSRP, which I can live with, particularly considering the fact a new Z06 is going to be involved, but what suggestions do you have at this point..... I'm kinda new to all this, so wait to see who's allocated the new Z06's and go from there? And how will I find out what dealerships will come through for me? I swear, all the dealerships in the Sacramento area must be smoking something because they aren't even close to being realistic with they're prices...
Old 02-19-2014, 02:59 PM
LT1xL82
Drifting

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Yep. Contact a large forum dealer such as Mike Furman at Criswell, and get on a wait list with a refundable deposit, ASAP! The longer you wait to get in line, the more buyers that will be in front of you. If the line gets too long, some folks will be forced to compromise their desired combination of options. Depending on supply and demand, others may not see their Z06 until model year 2016!
Old 02-19-2014, 03:06 PM
PowerLabs
Le Mans Master

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Who cares? Its a plastic car made by Chevrolet, the company that brought you the Cobalt, the Saturn, the Aveo, and many other economy cars.. If they didn't "peddle" as many as possible you wouldn't be able to buy one for what it costs. And it would still depreciate.

I hope they make 100,000 of them so they are cheap and plentiful. I don't care if everybody else has one, I just care that I get one and that the aftermarket caters to my wishes of making it faster. If you want exclusivity you picked the wrong brand.
Old 02-19-2014, 03:06 PM
tmcternan
Racer

Originally Posted by LT1xL82
Yep. Contact a large forum dealer such as Mike Furman at Criswell, and get on a wait list with a refundable deposit, ASAP! The longer you wait to get in line, the more buyers that will be in front of you. If the line gets too long, some folks will be forced to compromise their desired combination of options. Depending on supply and demand, others may not see their Z06 until model year 2016!
Thanks LT1xL82. So Mike Furman at Criswell's a straight up guy? I'd like to avoid sending a dealership any deposits and not have them come through for me. Not that I have trust issues mind you, but there's allot of BS'rs out there. Been a victim of "Wanna buy a used car?" too often....
Old 02-19-2014, 03:43 PM
LT1xL82
Drifting

Thanks LT1xL82. So Mike Furman at Criswell's a straight up guy? I'd like to avoid sending a dealership any deposits and not have them come through for me. Not that I have trust issues mind you, but there's allot of BS'rs out there. Been a victim of "Wanna buy a used car?" too often....
The dealers that sponsor this forum consistently get excellent reviews. The large ones sell hundreds, some over a 1000 Corvettes per year.

Mike has been selling Corvettes for decades. He is well know on this forum, as are other sales people and dealerships.

I am on Mike's Z06 wait list. $1000, refundable. The receipt he sent me clearly states that. I have been super comfortable dealing with him. (My entire career was in professional sales. I'm pretty good at separating the sharks from the professionals. Mike is a pro.)

I'd bet money if Mike thinks he could not get you a Z06, he would tell you up front. At this stage, no one knows for sure what the availability will be. But, buying from a large forum dealer gets you much higher probability of success.
Old 02-19-2014, 04:05 PM
BOBSZ06
Le Mans Master

^

Is Mike Furman @ Criswell a MSRP dealer?
Just wondering since you have dealt with him in the past.
Out here in CA it is MSRP++++

Get notified of new replies

To C7 ZO6 Forum Dealer allocation numbers?

Old 02-19-2014, 05:23 PM
tmcternan
Racer

Originally Posted by LT1xL82
The dealers that sponsor this forum consistently get excellent reviews. The large ones sell hundreds, some over a 1000 Corvettes per year.

Mike has been selling Corvettes for decades. He is well know on this forum, as are other sales people and dealerships.

I am on Mike's Z06 wait list. $1000, refundable. The receipt he sent me clearly states that. I have been super comfortable dealing with him. (My entire career was in professional sales. I'm pretty good at separating the sharks from the professionals. Mike is a pro.)

I'd bet money if Mike thinks he could not get you a Z06, he would tell you up front. At this stage, no one knows for sure what the availability will be. But, buying from a large forum dealer gets you much higher probability of success.
Okay LT1xL82, it's going to be all your fault...... I just got off the telephone with Mike Furman at Criswell's and placed my deposit on a 2015 Z06.... FOR REAL. Wanted to give him your name but you didn't get back to me with a private message in time. I tried to tell you I'm serious and wasn't messing around with this. Not sure where I am on Criswell's list, but at least I've got the ball rolling and I'm on a list, which is more than what I was before...
Old 02-19-2014, 06:44 PM
LT1xL82
Drifting

Originally Posted by BOBSZ06
^

Is Mike Furman @ Criswell a MSRP dealer?
Just wondering since you have dealt with him in the past.
Out here in CA it is MSRP++++
Mike made a post on this site that Z06 will be MSRP. From what I have seen, the supporting dealers seem to be MSRP max when the C7 was first released. I understand some are below MSRP on non-Z51. Some maybe even on Z51.
Old 02-19-2014, 06:47 PM
LT1xL82
Drifting

Okay LT1xL82, it's going to be all your fault...... I just got off the telephone with Mike Furman at Criswell's and placed my deposit on a 2015 Z06.... FOR REAL. Wanted to give him your name but you didn't get back to me with a private message in time. I tried to tell you I'm serious and wasn't messing around with this. Not sure where I am on Criswell's list, but at least I've got the ball rolling and I'm on a list, which is more than what I was before...
I'll sleep well knowing I referenced you to Mike.

CONGRATULATIONS! The car is going to be assume!

I just replied to your PM.

Quick Reply: C7 ZO6 Forum Dealer allocation numbers?