C7 Vendor for Sale Exclusive forum for vendors to list C7 products, services and promotions.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Apex Motorsports C7 Skip Shift Eliminators IN STOCK | FREE SHIPPING (US orders only)

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2014, 03:45 PM
0Apex Chase
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Apex Motorsports C7 Skip Shift Eliminators IN STOCK | FREE SHIPPING (US orders only)

CAGS, or Computer-Aided Gear Selection, is a feature on many GM V8 performance vehicle equipped with a manual transmission. The stated purpose of CAGS is to improve fuel economy under “normal” driving conditions and is usually activated when:

● the transmission is in 1st gear
● you are applying 21% throttle or less
● the vehicle is traveling between 15 and 19 mph
● engine coolant temperature is greater than 169 F (76 C)

When these parameters are met, CAGS overrides the driver and locks out 2nd gear, forcing the driver to "skip shift". Most serious drivers are unwilling to accept this factory installed nuisance and eliminating it is priority number one. The safest way to eliminate CAGS is by installing a Skip Shift Eliminator.

The Apex Motorsports Skip Shift Eliminator uses OEM weather-proof plugs and is installed by simply lifting your vehicle, unplugging the CAGS wiring harness from its solenoid, and plugging the Skip Shift Eliminator inline between the harness and solenoid. These units trick CAGS into thinking it's still in control but will not allow it to activate and will not trigger trouble codes or the “Service” light on your dash board.

Apex Motorsports Skip Shift Eliminator: $26.95 SHIPPED

Originally Posted by Pete43
I installed Apex's skip shift eliminator. It works great! The warning still comes up on my HUD. But I shift into second just like it's suppose to. It installs on the upper drivers side connection. Under what looks like a heat insulated small toilet paper roll. You will need a zip tie or two. And the (toilet paper roll) will be too short to protect both connections so I wrapped the extra wire in heat tape.
I found out the stingrays' motion detection alarm works too when I jacked the rear of my car! lol

Last edited by Apex Chase; 01-19-2014 at 03:26 PM.
Old 01-09-2014, 05:50 PM
Nyvetteguy007
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 258 Likes on 171 Posts

A must have IMO...on my list of what to order prior to getting my C7...
Old 04-02-2014, 05:33 PM
Art-2008
Instructor

I previously ordered a skip shift eliminator from another source. It probably works fine, but I was disappointed that it installs as two separate pieces, with the important part zip-tied to the chassis to keep it from "flopping around".

Your one piece unit that installs between the transmission and the wiring harness looks like a Much more professional installation option. I just ordered your version.

Last edited by Art-2008; 04-02-2014 at 05:35 PM.
Old 04-02-2014, 09:17 PM
0Apex Chase
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Art-2008
I previously ordered a skip shift eliminator from another source. It probably works fine, but I was disappointed that it installs as two separate pieces, with the important part zip-tied to the chassis to keep it from "flopping around".

Your one piece unit that installs between the transmission and the wiring harness looks like a Much more professional installation option. I just ordered your version.
Thank you for your order and for the feedback. We greatly appreciate both.
Old 07-22-2014, 12:17 PM
0Apex Chase
Former Vendor

Thank you for a great start to the week CorvetteForum!

Get notified of new replies

To Apex Motorsports C7 Skip Shift Eliminators IN STOCK | FREE SHIPPING (US orders only)

Quick Reply: Apex Motorsports C7 Skip Shift Eliminators IN STOCK | FREE SHIPPING (US orders only)