C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking for heat exchanger info

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2023, 11:47 AM
360Rocket
Drifting

Received 30 Likes on 17 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14

Default Looking for heat exchanger info

Looking for heat exchanger infoSo I’ve had previous supercharger cars but on the Ford realm of things. This isn’t my first Corvette. but this is my first supercharge Corvette. and I can’t seem to locate the expansion tank there is attached to the heat exchanger on this car. So my question is is there a separate expansion tank to fill with water? Or is this somehow tied into the radiator and you just fill the car’s radiator in order to fill the heat exchanger flyud as well? Thanks for your guidance and help
Old 11-14-2023, 02:53 PM
360Rocket
Drifting

I was also not able to locate a power steering reservoir or pump for that matter. I know in today’s world there’s electric steering now is that with this car possesses?
Old 11-14-2023, 02:58 PM
9sec
Melting Slicks

Received 731 Likes on 478 Posts

are you talking oem c7 z06 supercharger? if you are the fill port is on top by the blower looks like this. the tank is down under the airbox below it. its a clear tank that looks like the color of coolant when its full. heat exchanger is in front of the radiator and this is a closed system separate from the engine coolant system. bleeding it i9s a handful without the proper equipment

Old 11-15-2023, 10:17 AM
360Rocket
Drifting

Originally Posted by 9sec
are you talking oem c7 z06 supercharger? if you are the fill port is on top by the blower looks like this. the tank is down under the airbox below it. its a clear tank that looks like the color of coolant when its full. heat exchanger is in front of the radiator and this is a closed system separate from the engine coolant system. bleeding it i9s a handful without the proper equipment

Yes it’s a stock OEM C7 Z06 I appreciate your help with this he gave me a jump off point to go find this filler neck thank you
Yes OEM C7 Z0607
Old 11-15-2023, 01:06 PM
Bill Dearborn
Tech Contributor

Received 8,975 Likes on 5,356 Posts

Originally Posted by 360Rocket
Yes it’s a stock OEM C7 Z06 I appreciate your help with this he gave me a jump off point to go find this filler neck thank you
Yes OEM C7 Z0607
To avoid intermittent power reduction at high rpm WOT while on a road course, the SC reservoir has to have no air bubbles at the top larger than two US quarters. To get there you need to vacuum bleed the system which can take a lot of time to get close unless you use the Cooler Bleeder (look up online).

The intercooler cooling circuit is completely separate from the engine cooling system. When you look through the grill the first vertical radiator you see is the heat exchanger for the intercooler. The AC condenser follows that followed by the engine radiator.

The coolant mixture for both is 40% Dexcool mixed with 60% drinkable water.

Bill
Old 11-16-2023, 02:53 PM
360Rocket
Drifting

Originally Posted by Bill Dearborn
To avoid intermittent power reduction at high rpm WOT while on a road course, the SC reservoir has to have no air bubbles at the top larger than two US quarters. To get there you need to vacuum bleed the system which can take a lot of time to get close unless you use the Cooler Bleeder (look up online).

The intercooler cooling circuit is completely separate from the engine cooling system. When you look through the grill the first vertical radiator you see is the heat exchanger for the intercooler. The AC condenser follows that followed by the engine radiator.

The coolant mixture for both is 40% Dexcool mixed with 60% drinkable water.

Bill
So thank you all I was able to find the cap and loosen it and check and it seems as though the coolant is full I can’t add anymore so I put the lid back on it and left it alone thank you all for help with the heat exchanger and its expansion tank
Old 11-18-2023, 05:13 PM
9sec
Melting Slicks

Received 731 Likes on 478 Posts

Originally Posted by 360Rocket
So thank you all I was able to find the cap and loosen it and check and it seems as though the coolant is full I can’t add anymore so I put the lid back on it and left it alone thank you all for help with the heat exchanger and its expansion tank
need to look down alongside the airbox. if theres air in the system it will be in the oem expansion tank. shine a flashlight on it. if its clear you have air in the system
Old 11-18-2023, 07:06 PM
360Rocket
Drifting

Originally Posted by 9sec
need to look down alongside the airbox. if theres air in the system it will be in the oem expansion tank. shine a flashlight on it. if its clear you have air in the system
It’s definitely on the list thank you my friend I’m all over it

Get notified of new replies

To Looking for heat exchanger info

Quick Reply: Looking for heat exchanger info