C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I didn't know the C7 was a turbo

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2023, 11:00 AM
Bill Dearborn
Tech Contributor

Received 8,958 Likes on 5,346 Posts

Originally Posted by TKOGTO
Are you thinking the car is heavily loaded on the left rear [turning right and going steeply uphill] and the right rear with so much less weight on it is spinning faster? The active handling senses this and pulls timing/cuts power?
The left rear can't be spinning, it is carrying the bulk of the weight as you pass the apex.
I doubt the inside rear would spin on either of those two corners. The standard eDiff that comes with the GS sends the power to the tire that has the best grip (it transfers more power quicker than a pure mechanical limited-slip will do).

You may have been getting more PTM action as the day progressed and the track and tires got hotter. PTM limits the torque delivered to the rear wheels to the amount of grip available and you can hear the exhaust blatting (like a big truck using its Jake Brake) when it is active, when I am aggressively exiting either of those turns I can hear it blatting away on my Z06. PTM works in all of the track sub modes including Race. Like the OM states you want to hear that noise or you aren't getting all of the performance out of the car.

The system also dampens throttle on and off throttle movement in all of the sub-modes except Race. However, even though the throttle movement is dampened it doesn't prevent reaching wide open throttle it just means it is delayed reaching it so you don't overpower the rear wheels. I doubt this was causing your issue since except for Race Mode it is there all of the time to keep people from using the throttle as an ON/OFF Switch which can seriously upset a car and suddenly ruin a very nice day.

Bill
Old 05-20-2023, 10:34 PM
TKOGTO
Burning Brakes

Received 63 Likes on 51 Posts

Bill - if it is PTM limiting TQ, is there a way to drive T7 to get around it?
My C7 GS is almost 5/10ths slower in this sector than my C6 GS was and it has 30 more HP! It is red mist inducing painful to get back to power here and have it feel like I missed a shift or missed the gas pedal.
Old 05-20-2023, 11:08 PM
BrunoTheMellow
Tech Contributor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,397 Likes on 1,000 Posts

Bill - if it is PTM limiting TQ, is there a way to drive T7 to get around it?
My C7 GS is almost 5/10ths slower in this sector than my C6 GS was and it has 30 more HP! It is red mist inducing painful to get back to power here and have it feel like I missed a shift or missed the gas pedal.
are you 100% sure you were in PTM and not pressing the tc button again to “select” sport 2 but actually getting out of the ptm mode?
Old 05-21-2023, 04:16 PM
Avanti
Race Director

Received 5,238 Likes on 3,471 Posts

You simply got the wrong transmission.
The following users liked this post:
TKOGTO (05-22-2023)
Old 05-22-2023, 11:01 AM
TKOGTO
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by BrunoTheMellow
are you 100% sure you were in PTM and not pressing the tc button again to “select” sport 2 but actually getting out of the ptm mode?
Yes I am sure. 2 clicks of the mode selector to get it to PTM modes. Turn the dial to Sport 1 or Sport 2 and either leave it or push the select button on the SW. Same way I've been doing it for years.
Old 05-22-2023, 02:02 PM
BrunoTheMellow
Tech Contributor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,397 Likes on 1,000 Posts

Yes I am sure. 2 clicks of the mode selector to get it to PTM modes. Turn the dial to Sport 1 or Sport 2 and either leave it or push the select button on the SW. Same way I've been doing it for years.
ok good. Show us the video if you recorded with pdr. Super simple to tell with video.
Old 05-22-2023, 02:08 PM
TKOGTO
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by BrunoTheMellow
ok good. Show us the video if you recorded with pdr. Super simple to tell with video.
Will do. Might take a week to get to it. Might do it tonight if the Nuggets sweep of the Lakers is not on.

Quick Reply: I didn't know the C7 was a turbo