C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DSX Aux low side constantly running

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2022, 01:36 PM
JasonVette
Drifting

Received 1,211 Likes on 596 Posts
Default DSX Aux low side constantly running

Hello my car is being put back together at the moment and the shop working on it noticed the DSX auxillary low side I have is coming on anytime the pedal is pressed. Even when the car is turned off! Apparently when doing a compression test the car used quite a bit of fuel. They're going to look to resolve the issue, but what issues could this cause? My questions:
  • Would this affect MPG? Have I been getting less fuel efficiency because the lowside runs at any throttle position instead of when the car is in boost?
  • Would this affect my tune? Would the tune be expecting this extra fuel at all times instead of at boost/wot?
Old 06-04-2022, 03:07 PM
ss2z06
Melting Slicks

Received 439 Likes on 330 Posts

The dsx c7 system is wired through the can system and even with the car off and depressing the gas pedal you can activate that pump and it will modulate depending on how much throttle is applied. The car needs to be properly tuned for it. In regards to fuel consumption I’m not sure but would think if tuned properly won’t make a difference because it’s part of the lowside working to supply the high side.
The following users liked this post:
SebringZ06x (06-04-2022)
Old 06-05-2022, 08:16 AM
DSteck
Safety Car

Received 83 Likes on 42 Posts
Tech Contributor

I’d recommend reading the instructions. The controller doesn’t operate off of boost.
Old 06-05-2022, 08:20 AM
Internets_Ninja
Safety Car

Received 1,290 Likes on 849 Posts

In the Corvette the DSX low side has to be tuned for properly as it uses the CAN BUS to determine when to activate. Anytime desired fuel flow exceeds the threshold in the tune, the pump turns on. But you have to change the tune so that it deactivates as well. The Camaro setup is different where it operates off of boost via a hobs switch.

Not sure on the pump tuning on when the gas pedal is depressed with the car off. That doesn't sound right at all. I would question their installation.
Old 06-05-2022, 10:15 AM
Corvette4ever
Drifting

Received 90 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by Internets_Ninja
....The Camaro setup is different where it operates off of boost via a hobs switch.
Control via CAN BUS is an available option for the 6th gen Camaro, according to DSX website

To the OP, I would question your tuning. It might be setup to request high flow all the time even at idle, which accordingly would cause DSX to run continuously
Old 06-05-2022, 10:27 AM
Internets_Ninja
Safety Car

Received 1,290 Likes on 849 Posts

Originally Posted by Corvette4ever
Control via CAN BUS is an available option for the 6th gen Camaro, according to DSX website

To the OP, I would question your tuning. It might be setup to request high flow all the time even at idle, which accordingly would cause DSX to run continuously
Interesting, I suppose it would work as well for any of the model years that have the FPCM setup like the Corvette. ANY setup that uses CAN BUS for activation MUST be tuned properly or the DSX pump won't shut off and you will burn it up quickly.
Old 06-05-2022, 12:42 PM
Bpkost
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The Dsx pump does need a few adjustments in the tune. This will allow it to activate under high load. However even after proper tuning the pump will run when pedal is pressed with engine not running. This is a built-in feature. It is nice if you need to drain your fuel tank.
The following users liked this post:
JasonVette (06-07-2022)
Old 06-07-2022, 09:35 AM
Gary barnes 1098
Drifting

Received 626 Likes on 367 Posts

Originally Posted by Bpkost
The Dsx pump does need a few adjustments in the tune. This will allow it to activate under high load. However even after proper tuning the pump will run when pedal is pressed with engine not running. This is a built-in feature. It is nice if you need to drain your fuel tank.
What he said
Old 06-07-2022, 10:56 AM
JasonVette
Drifting

Received 1,211 Likes on 596 Posts

Originally Posted by Bpkost
I see. The car has had no issues in the year, 20k+ miles it's been on. It was just something I noticed every now and then when I'd press the pedal while the car was off. I didn't think anything of it until the new shop who has my car mentioned it. They believe it's a short, but for now I've told them to leave it as is.

Get notified of new replies

To DSX Aux low side constantly running

Quick Reply: DSX Aux low side constantly running