C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Squealing noise

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2022, 11:15 PM
don7790
Burning Brakes

Received 51 Likes on 27 Posts

Default Squealing noise

On my 2019 GS vert after the car has sat for a couple of days when I touch the door pad to open the door I hear this kind off squealing noise coming from the ,sounds like, front of the engine compartment drivers side.The noise last about maybe 2 seconds. It does it whenever I wake it up including if I open the trunk first. Its almost like a pump pumping up after its lost it prime.It will only do it one time until it sits for a couple of days.Just wondering if anyone else has had this noise. This is my 2nd C7 and never heard this before.
Old 04-12-2022, 09:08 AM
helga203
Safety Car

Received 434 Likes on 373 Posts

Originally Posted by don7790
On my 2019 GS vert after the car has sat for a couple of days when I touch the door pad to open the door I hear this kind off squealing noise coming from the ,sounds like, front of the engine compartment drivers side.The noise last about maybe 2 seconds. It does it whenever I wake it up including if I open the trunk first. Its almost like a pump pumping up after its lost it prime.It will only do it one time until it sits for a couple of days.Just wondering if anyone else has had this noise. This is my 2nd C7 and never heard this before.
Video
Old 04-12-2022, 02:00 PM
eboggs_jkvl
Moderator/Tech Contributor

Location: Jacksonville Florida BWO Dayton, Cincinnati, Bloomsbury NJ, Cincinnati
Received 3,830 Likes on 2,071 Posts
2015 C7 of the Year Finalist

Hm... Might help us if we could hear the sound. I've never heqard a squeal as you describe but I'm a good listener.

Elmer

Get notified of new replies

To Squealing noise

Quick Reply: Squealing noise