C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Recommended Upgrades to a vortech V3 Supercharger

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2022, 09:30 AM
TRUOMEGA
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Recommended Upgrades to a vortech V3 Supercharger

In the process of installing a Vortech V3 Supercharger kit on a 2015 c7 stingray and wanted to know if there are any recommended upgrades that go hand-in-hand. I was thinking injectors but not sure which brand work best. Any advice on injectors as well as any other upgraded parts would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Old 03-30-2022, 08:20 AM
0TopLevel
Former Vendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by TRUOMEGA
In the process of installing a Vortech V3 Supercharger kit on a 2015 c7 stingray and wanted to know if there are any recommended upgrades that go hand-in-hand. I was thinking injectors but not sure which brand work best. Any advice on injectors as well as any other upgraded parts would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Hi,

If you have a new bolt-on kit then you are good.
What kit did you get?
Old 03-31-2022, 01:49 AM
Avanti
Race Director

Received 5,299 Likes on 3,514 Posts

Right, Vortech and/or experienced professional installers ought to be able to steer you in the right direction.
Old 03-31-2022, 02:35 PM
Goat 2 Vette
Burning Brakes

Received 491 Likes on 292 Posts

There really isn't. Just depends on what kind of hp you want. I have the vortech kit also and I have headers and catless x pipe on mine. That was more for sound. If you want more power, your going to want more fuel supply. Meth or a cam, bigger injectors.. Its a deep rabbit hole you will go down.. An expensive one. I'm just leaving mine alone. Its a weekend warrior, so I'm good.
Old 03-31-2022, 04:06 PM
0TopLevel
Former Vendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well said
Old 03-31-2022, 05:14 PM
TRUOMEGA
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks guys.... We spoke to a tuning shop and was told that the injectors can handle the addition power that the vortec will be pushing so no need to purchase new injectors. I did see many vette owners that had the Vortech installed in addition to a catch can. Did some research and found that some say the catch can is gimmicky and others mentioned it helps to eliminate build up. I'll do some more research and see the benefits (if any).
I have to tell you that the hardest part so far was removing the crank bolt. We tried for hours with powerful impact guns both air and electric and it wouldn't budge. We also tried using a wrench combined with a 4' bar. That got us nowhere. We finally managed to remove it by using a propane torch then immediately use the most powerful torque gun.
Another issue was relocating the ABS lines. That took a little finagling but we managed to do that as well. This week we are going to put the serpentine belt back on and mount the supercharger. I think the next hardest part will be cutting the baffle but won't know till we cross that bridge.
I dont think it's wise to turn the car on and drive it once complete until we get a tune done so we'll end up towing it to the tune shop.

Get notified of new replies

To Recommended Upgrades to a vortech V3 Supercharger

Quick Reply: Recommended Upgrades to a vortech V3 Supercharger