C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Alignment specs

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2020, 05:45 PM
ZO6ME
Drifting

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts

Default Alignment specs

Getting my car aligned. I have read where the factory alignment specs are not the greatest for these cars. Any recommendations? 830rwhp.
Old 09-02-2020, 06:34 PM
emoFTW
Racer

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts

Don’t have any specs to give you, but I’m following because I need one too.
Old 09-02-2020, 06:44 PM
2ZORNOT2Z
Burning Brakes

Received 385 Likes on 259 Posts

Search is your friend, there are probably 1000 posts on this here because it varies widely based on how you plan to use your car. Are you trying to get a balance between street and track or all street driving? Max tire life or max grip around corners? Have you lowered it? Lots of ways you can align the car but you are right, the GM specs are very broad so you can get a bad alignment and still be in specs. Your power level doesn't have much to do with your alignment settings but a decent indy alignment shop can probably help you hook a little better. The dealer techs likely won't have a clue other than putting it in GMs specs for street or track. If driving aggressive you can search for the DSC alignment specs here or on their web site, they are pretty decent for middle of the road aggressive vs tire life. Lots of threads around for tire longevity.

Whatever you do just make sure the shop has a rear caster alignment tool, the hunter machines at the dealerships don't measure rear caster. If they tell you your car doesn't have a rear caster adjustment just say thank you and hang up.
Old 09-02-2020, 08:18 PM
ZO6ME
Drifting

Originally Posted by 2ZORNOT2Z
Search is your friend, there are probably 1000 posts on this here because it varies widely based on how you plan to use your car. Are you trying to get a balance between street and track or all street driving? Max tire life or max grip around corners? Have you lowered it? Lots of ways you can align the car but you are right, the GM specs are very broad so you can get a bad alignment and still be in specs. Your power level doesn't have much to do with your alignment settings but a decent indy alignment shop can probably help you hook a little better. The dealer techs likely won't have a clue other than putting it in GMs specs for street or track. If driving aggressive you can search for the DSC alignment specs here or on their web site, they are pretty decent for middle of the road aggressive vs tire life. Lots of threads around for tire longevity.

Whatever you do just make sure the shop has a rear caster alignment tool, the hunter machines at the dealerships don't measure rear caster. If they tell you your car doesn't have a rear caster adjustment just say thank you and hang up.
Looking for a balance between street and strip driving. Looks like the DSC specs are the most popular.
Old 09-02-2020, 08:19 PM
ZO6ME
Drifting

Originally Posted by emoFTW
Don’t have any specs to give you, but I’m following because I need one too.
I have attached the DSC specs.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf
c7-alignment.pdf (403.1 KB, 171 views)
Old 09-02-2020, 10:47 PM
Creatre
Burning Brakes

Received 254 Likes on 188 Posts

Honestly for your power level, as close to 0 camber in the rear, maybe even a touch of positive will give you the best traction when the car squats. Just go with 0 toe all around so it's not twitchy and won't wear your tires out.
Old 09-04-2020, 08:18 PM
BooSSted
Drifting

Received 309 Likes on 250 Posts

From the legend Bill...
Old 09-08-2020, 10:15 PM
wrecker3
Melting Slicks

Received 1,476 Likes on 745 Posts

Make sure the shop has a rear caster tool and a angle gauge..

Get notified of new replies

To Alignment specs

Quick Reply: Alignment specs