C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Leaking Slave Cylinder?

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2019, 10:43 AM
ehillard0
Advanced

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Leaking Slave Cylinder?

2014 Z51

My clutch pedal starting sticking to the floor, and then eventually stayed on the floor. I tried to refill the clutch master cylinder with fluid and pump the pedal to build pressure, only to see the fluid leak out between the where the bell housing and torque tube connect.

I am assuming this means I need to replace the slave cylinder, or is there something else is can try?

Would the slave cylinder be covered under the 5 year / 100K powertrain warranty (I'll call the dealer when they open tomorrow)?

If I do need to replace the slave cylinder its basically like doing a clutch job. Any recommendations on doing it myself vs have the shop do it?
Old 05-19-2019, 05:29 PM
RyanC7
Le Mans Master

Received 84 Likes on 58 Posts

The entire rear bumper has to come out for a clutch install in the C7. It is a nightmare.
Old 05-19-2019, 09:29 PM
KenHorse
Team Owner

Location: I live my life by 2 rules. 1) Never share everything you know. 2)
Received 2,402 Likes on 1,366 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13, '16-'17-'18

I would think it would be covered under the powertrain warranty but your dealer's is louder than mines

Also, as I remember the slave and throwout bearing are one integrated piece I believe
Old 05-20-2019, 10:43 AM
ehillard0
Advanced

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by KenHorse
I would think it would be covered under the powertrain warranty but your dealer's is louder than mines

Also, as I remember the slave and throwout bearing are one integrated piece I believe
Just found out this won't be covered under the warranty as it expired, and will be around 3K to have fixed.
Old 05-20-2019, 11:14 AM
eboggs_jkvl
Moderator/Tech Contributor

Location: Jacksonville Florida BWO Dayton, Cincinnati, Bloomsbury NJ, Cincinnati
Received 3,830 Likes on 2,071 Posts
2015 C7 of the Year Finalist

I think clutch parts are considered wear items and aren't covered by the warranty. I got a free clutch on my 2007 M6 as it chattered as I pulled out of the delivery at the dealer. I pulled it right back in and said the clutch is burned and it needs to be replaced. They replaced the whole enchilada immediately and I went on for 35,000 issue free miles before I bought my C7.

The slave and throwout bearing are the same thing.

The warranty is pretty specific as to what a "wear" item is. Brake pads and rotors fall under the same exclusion.

Elmer
Old 05-20-2019, 12:36 PM
badhabit_wb
Safety Car

Received 911 Likes on 727 Posts

My car was doing the same thing a couple of years ago. It was the bleeder leaking. I got a Katech remote bleeder and put it in and it solved the problem. It was not fun because there's very little room to work but it was a lot better than dropping the whole driveline.

Get notified of new replies

To Leaking Slave Cylinder?

Quick Reply: Leaking Slave Cylinder?