C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Interior sound from Corsa Xtreme exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2017, 01:13 PM
Chappie
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Interior sound from Corsa Xtreme exhaust

We've ordered a 2018 LBR Stingray and plan to keep it original except for an aftermarket exhaust and think I have settled on Corsa. But can't decide between Sport and Xtreme. I'm thinking the latter because in the videos it sounds wicked. However, can anyone tell me what the Xtreme sounds like inside the car in cruise on Tour mode?

When I am by myself I'll likely be in Sport, but when we are together we'll probably be in Tour mode and I don't really want the noise level that we have in our 30-series Flowmaster-equipped '79.

Chappie

Last edited by Chappie; 07-15-2017 at 01:17 PM.
Old 07-15-2017, 02:05 PM
Steve Garrett
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 7,767 Likes on 4,190 Posts
CORVETTE TODAY Host
St. Jude Donor'15

I have the Corsa Extreme and LOVE IT. I rarely use the radio anymore, and I'm a radio disc jockey here in Kansas City.
The following users liked this post:
Chappie (07-17-2017)
Old 07-15-2017, 04:12 PM
lakemg
Melting Slicks

Received 909 Likes on 606 Posts

Is your stingray coming with the NPP exhaust?
Old 07-15-2017, 11:30 PM
Steve Garrett
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 7,767 Likes on 4,190 Posts
CORVETTE TODAY Host
St. Jude Donor'15

Yes! It is a Z51, so it came with the NPP. Just know that the Corsa Extreme eliminates your NPP capability. I never turned off the NPP anyway. I left it wide open all the time.

Trust me-you'll thank me if you decide on the Extreme. Even my wife was commenting tonight on how good it sounds, even inside the car!
Old 07-17-2017, 05:47 AM
Chappie
Instructor

Originally Posted by Steven Bell
Yes! It is a Z51, so it came with the NPP. Just know that the Corsa Extreme eliminates your NPP capability. I never turned off the NPP anyway. I left it wide open all the time.

Trust me-you'll thank me if you decide on the Extreme. Even my wife was commenting tonight on how good it sounds, even inside the car!
Thanks for your response and happy to hear that, like our '79's Flowmasters, that the Corsair exhaust provides wonderful music to the ears. However, I want to be sure that when we are cruising on the highway together that the exhaust note is not too obtrusive and that we'd still be able to carry on a normal conversation if we go with the Xtreme.

Chappie
Old 07-17-2017, 02:56 PM
Jeff_314159
Heel & Toe

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the Corsa extreme, along with headers and x-pipe. When cruising at normal street or even highway speeds, there is virtually no drone. The car can be very quiet when its not under load, it's actually quite surprising. When you open it up and go full throttle it sounds like the gates of hell have opened up and the entire car roars and shakes, it is extremely intense. For me personally I think it's too loud for my taste, but I do get a lot of compliments, so overall I think you will like it. When coming home late at night through my HOA-restricted strict community, I have no problem making it to my house without making much noise.
The following users liked this post:
Chappie (07-17-2017)
Old 07-17-2017, 09:14 PM
Chappie
Instructor

Originally Posted by Jeff_314159
I have the Corsa extreme, along with headers and x-pipe. When cruising at normal street or even highway speeds, there is virtually no drone. The car can be very quiet when its not under load, it's actually quite surprising. When you open it up and go full throttle it sounds like the gates of hell have opened up and the entire car roars and shakes, it is extremely intense. For me personally I think it's too loud for my taste, but I do get a lot of compliments, so overall I think you will like it. When coming home late at night through my HOA-restricted strict community, I have no problem making it to my house without making much noise.
Great! That is just what I was wanting to know. Thanks Jeff and thanks to Steven as well.

Chappie

Get notified of new replies

To Interior sound from Corsa Xtreme exhaust

Quick Reply: Interior sound from Corsa Xtreme exhaust