C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TPS Powder Coated C7 Calipers.....

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2015, 10:18 PM
TPSMak
Supporting Vendor

Received 270 Likes on 204 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11

Default TPS Powder Coated C7 Calipers.....

TPS Powder Coated C7 Calipers-$699.99
**At time of ordering your C7 GM charges $595 for Red, Yellow, Silver, or Black for your choice of caliper colors.
-Are you looking to set your C7 apart from the rest of the sea of C7s? Come check our the TPS C7 Powder Coated calipers. TPS Motorsports offers C7 Powder Coated calipers in ANY color you want! You pick the color and we'll make it for you! Each set of calipers is stripped to the bare metal and powdercoated with 2+ coats of powder. Choose ANY color from our pallet of 6500 colors available... logos are available in black, silver..

Click here to place your order
http://www.tpsmotorsports.com/corvet...-calipers.html

Santa Clara, CA 95050
Phone #: 408/898-4632
Email #: MikeM@TPSMotorsports.com
Authorized dealer of Corbeau Seats, ECS Superchargers, Edelbrock SuperChargers, A&A Superchargers, Kooks, Whipple, Magnalow, Corsa, Borla. LG Motorsports, Procharger, Billy Boat Exhaust, AWE Exhaust, American Racing, TPS Brake Rotors/ Kits, Stainless Steel Brake Lines & much more...

Last edited by TPSMak; 09-02-2015 at 11:10 AM.
Old 08-31-2015, 10:55 PM
C7BB
Burning Brakes

Received 73 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by TPSMak
TPS Powder Coated C7 Calipers-$699.99
-Are you looking to set your C7 apart from the rest of the sea of C7s? Come check our the TPS C7 Powder Coated calipers. TPS Motorsports offers C7 Powder Coated calipers in ANY color you want! You pick the color and we'll make it for you! Each set of calipers is stripped to the bare metal and powdercoated with 2+ coats of powder. Choose ANY color from our pallet of 6500 colors available... logos are available in black, silver..

Click here to place your order
http://www.tpsmotorsports.com/corvet...-calipers.html

Are those prices for calipers, front and rear, choice of colors, or is it for my calipers powder coated?
Old 09-01-2015, 11:55 AM
TPSMak
Supporting Vendor

St. Jude Donor '11

Originally Posted by C7BB
Are those prices for calipers, front and rear, choice of colors, or is it for my calipers powder coated?
This is for your us to powder coat your calipers... unfortunately we don't have cores as they are VERY expensive to purchase.
Old 09-01-2015, 03:03 PM
TPSMak
Supporting Vendor

St. Jude Donor '11

Unfortunately, powder coating brakes is NOT that easy... you obviously don't understand the total process...

#1-Each caliper has to be taken apart.
#2-Each caliper has to be stripped of ALL the old paint or powder coat
#3-Each Each has to be masked and repowder coated
#4-Each caliper needs to be re-assembled with new seals and boots (Over $100).. New Logos are made
#5-Order is shipped...($60+)

To powder coat calipers properly there is ALOT of work... powder is cheap... Good labor is not.

Last edited by TPSMak; 09-01-2015 at 03:07 PM.
The following users liked this post:
LCZ06 (04-16-2023)
Old 09-01-2015, 10:39 PM
Zymurgy

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 15,106 Likes on 6,184 Posts

<p>Thread cleaned. Seems that members need to read the Interference in a For Sale Thread rule.</p><p>
</p><p><strong>Interference in a For Sale thread</strong></p><p>If you don&rsquo;t like the price or item being offered in for sale thread, take it to e-mail or PMs. Better still, just move on to a thread that is offering something you like the price on.</p><p>If you post a criticism of the price or the quality of the item being offered, you will be in violation of Forum rules and subject to sanctions.</p><p>If you post your own for sale items to the for sale thread started by someone else, you also are in violation of Forum rules. Start your own thread, rather than jumping into the thread of someone else.</p><p>If your contribution to a for sale thread does not advance the sale, you are in the way.</p><p>
</p>
Old 09-01-2015, 11:12 PM
Theta
Tech Contributor

Received 219 Likes on 110 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14-'15

I missed the fun, apparently.

I think these look great, and caliper coating is extremely expensive due to the labor and rebuild kits, as mentioned. If you didn't tick the box when ordering ($500), or you're into customization, this certainly isn't unreasonable for the amount of work involved.

Anyway - looks good. If mine cook at the track, at least there's an option to get them looking good again.
Old 09-02-2015, 11:09 AM
TPSMak
Supporting Vendor

St. Jude Donor '11

Originally Posted by Theta
I missed the fun, apparently.

I think these look great, and caliper coating is extremely expensive due to the labor and rebuild kits, as mentioned. If you didn't tick the box when ordering ($500), or you're into customization, this certainly isn't unreasonable for the amount of work involved.

Anyway - looks good. If mine cook at the track, at least there's an option to get them looking good again.
It really is alot of work and honestly don't think the 2 users understand the labor it takes to assemble and disassemble the calipers. One member accused us of the Corvette Tax and that's really not the case.... the pistons on the brakes of a C7 are VERY hard to get out of the caliper.

The factory charges $595 if you want the calipers in Red, Black, Grey, or Yellow.... I'm offering the customers a chance to get the color they want for pretty much what the factory was going to charge them for standard colors.
briankhughes (04-17-2023)
Old 09-02-2015, 12:05 PM
C7BB
Burning Brakes

Received 73 Likes on 56 Posts

<p>...&nbsp;All I did was asked a question. I didn't say anything negative towards the post, just asked a question.</p>

Last edited by Zymurgy; 09-02-2015 at 12:34 PM. Reason: Removed deleted quoted post
Old 09-02-2015, 12:36 PM
Zymurgy

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 15,106 Likes on 6,184 Posts

<p>
</p><p>...&nbsp;All I did was asked a question. I didn't say anything negative towards the post, just asked a question.</p><p>
</p><p>And your post was not deleted as it was not interfering with the for sale thread. The vendor replied to your question.</p>
Old 09-02-2015, 12:37 PM
TPSMak
Supporting Vendor

St. Jude Donor '11

<p>...&nbsp;All I did was asked a question. I didn't say anything negative towards the post, just asked a question.</p>
You did nothing wrong and thanks for the PM We would love to do one in Laguna Blue...
Old 09-02-2015, 06:21 PM
Greenkirby21
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I think the price is very fair!

Although a core switching program would be great, many of us the car is daily driver and don't want to wait on mail
4hsmen (01-24-2017)
Old 09-02-2015, 06:47 PM
TPSMak
Supporting Vendor

St. Jude Donor '11

Originally Posted by Greenkirby21
I think the price is very fair!

Although a core switching program would be great, many of us the car is daily driver and don't want to wait on mail
If some one has inexpensive cores I would be happy to offer a Core Exchange program... the problem is I have to pay over $1000 for each set of cores....
Old 09-06-2015, 10:26 PM
davis31b
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TPSMak
If some one has inexpensive cores I would be happy to offer a Core Exchange program... the problem is I have to pay over $1000 for each set of cores....
I have a set of base C7 calipers, car has 251 miles currently on it. These could be a core for you guys, PM if interested. Thanks.
Old 09-09-2015, 05:20 PM
TPSMak
Supporting Vendor

St. Jude Donor '11

Originally Posted by davis31b
I have a set of base C7 calipers, car has 251 miles currently on it. These could be a core for you guys, PM if interested. Thanks.
PM me a price that you feel is fair... I can give you store credit also..
briankhughes (04-17-2023)

Get notified of new replies

To TPS Powder Coated C7 Calipers.....

Quick Reply: TPS Powder Coated C7 Calipers.....