C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Headers only or full exhaust?

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2015, 10:34 PM
eliminator1974
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Headers only or full exhaust?

-Was looking into doing headers on my 14 C7 Lt1 model. Should I change everything from headers to all the way to the tail pipe. or just do long tube headers. Only want to do it once So looking for best bang for my money an to sound like a full race set up. I do not live in a emissions check state either. thanks for the help
Old 02-11-2015, 10:43 PM
03SuperchargedZ
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do you have the factory dual mode exhaust? If you do just do long tubes and xpipe, ARH to me are the best for the C7. If you have the standard exhaust I'd do Akrapovic slip on only down fall is the cost but will sound insane.
Old 02-12-2015, 06:46 AM
davidtcpa
Go Canes!
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 329 Likes on 241 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21

Firstly, any of the major brands of headers will do the same thing. Regarding the mufflers, start with the headers and see how you like the sound. Then if you don't it is not a big deal to change the mufflers. Lots of choices, but B&B Fusions would be a top choice for me. I had them on my C6 and they we amazing.
Old 02-12-2015, 11:22 AM
dovervold
Melting Slicks

Received 232 Likes on 170 Posts

If you do long tunes they are going to come with a new X-pipe anyways because your stock X will be too long. So do the LT's and X-pipe and try it out like davidtcpa suggested. I have NPP with just a Corsa X and it sounds really good. I can only imagine how much better it would be with Long Tubes. There is a video of a guy running just an X-pipe with NPP, and he has a remote microphone mounted on back of the car so you can really hear what it sounds like. It sounds like pure sex!!!
Old 02-12-2015, 09:14 PM
slesher
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by eliminator1974
-Was looking into doing headers on my 14 C7 Lt1 model. Should I change everything from headers to all the way to the tail pipe. or just do long tube headers. Only want to do it once So looking for best bang for my money an to sound like a full race set up. I do not live in a emissions check state either. thanks for the help
Like others have mentioned I'd also recommend going full headers, xpipe, and axleback.

Any of the major header vendors (Kooks, ARH, etc) sound/perform great. Pop on a set of Corsa Extreme or Borla Atak and it will sound disgustingly awesome.

Exhaust tone junkie here that has switched out setups more times than I'd like to admit
Old 02-12-2015, 10:06 PM
Theta
Tech Contributor

Received 219 Likes on 110 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14-'15

Another vote for NPP with LTs if you have that option. That combo can be absolutely brutal, especially with the fuse pulled.

Get notified of new replies

To Headers only or full exhaust?

Quick Reply: Headers only or full exhaust?