C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C7 ZO6 Performance Modifications

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2014, 02:41 PM
drbru001
Heel & Toe

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default C7 ZO6 Performance Modifications

I currently am an owner of a 14 Z51 2lt cyber grey stingray. Im on the list for a 15 ZO6. I was wondering if any of the great forum speed shops, vendors or manufacturers have begun the research and are proposing performance mods for the new ZO6? Would love to hear what you guys are contemplating or proposing... both warranty sparing and voiding. Thanks folks! Ill just get the popcorn ready and put on my drool catcher.
Old 08-10-2014, 05:14 PM
Ben@WeaponX
Safety Car

Received 481 Likes on 317 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14

lol someone is antsy! Based on what I've done with the CTS V and ZR1 market, you're looking at easy bolt ons.

Airflow in with free flowing intake, pulley for supercharger (although this will be interesting since it is already spinning much faster than previous Eaton versions with smaller lobes and higher efficiency. It will be interesting to see how much faster it can spin), then you're cooling the charge with a better heat exchanger, you can reduce restrictions via the TB porting, supercharger, and head porting, and then free up the exhaust on the way out with some long tube headers.

Fuel will most likely again be the limitation even with the new pump/injectors. Replacements or overdriving with the cam will be needed.

Getting into the motor with a more aggressive cam will be very beneficial too if you decide bolt ons aren't enough!

I think we'll be seeing 700+whp within a very short time!
Old 08-10-2014, 07:17 PM
Cordes Performance Racing
Supporting Vendor

Received 1,232 Likes on 775 Posts

yup it all depends on how hard we can spin the new blower, there is a local w/ one on order that we are going to get our hands on and verify our C7 longtubes fit on that w/ no issues.
www.facebook.com/cordesperformanceracing.com
joe@cordesperformanceracing.com
480-359-5914

Old 08-11-2014, 01:47 PM
Frans96ss
Le Mans Master

Received 352 Likes on 210 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

I should be one of the very first to have my C7Z... We will be doing mods long with track/dyno testing as soon as we get it.

Get notified of new replies

To C7 ZO6 Performance Modifications

Quick Reply: C7 ZO6 Performance Modifications