C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who has camber kit for C7?

Old 07-24-2014, 10:38 AM
savage
Burning Brakes

Received 262 Likes on 89 Posts
Default Who has camber kit for C7?

im stuck ( it seems) at -1.9 left front and -2.1 right front, i want to get to -2.5 both sides( yes i know both sides should be the same) caster and tow are where i want them and moving them did not get me any more neg. camber anyway. who got one? thank you
Old 07-24-2014, 12:17 PM
Higgs Boson
Race Director

Received 2,379 Likes on 1,238 Posts

i need more negative in the rear. how can i get past 1??
Old 07-24-2014, 01:54 PM
Shaka
Safety Car

Received 1,331 Likes on 790 Posts

Originally Posted by Higgs Boson
i need more negative in the rear. how can i get past 1??

If those eccentrics or cams on each lower A arm won't do it, you are s... out of luck unless:

You grind of about an 1/8th" on each side of the mount points at the top and make a bunch of shims.

Another way is to fabricate a shim block and machine the mount points to accept it at the bottom in place of those dumb cams.

If you are serious, you would fabricate a steel lower control arms back and front with Heims.

If you have slicks and serious downforce, those cams will rotate on you because there is insufficient friction to prevent them from doing so. You could get a camshift in a turn which will give you a toe change which will spin you out. Those cam adjusts are ultra cheap and don't belong an a world class sports car.
There are vendors on this forum who address this. Also, if you choose coil/overs, I would definitely reinforce the shock hardpoints while you have it apart.

C6 has only one cam adjust on the rear of the lower control arm which adjust caster at the same time and a proper shock tower for coil/overs. The single cam loads bushings adversely.

Last edited by Shaka; 07-24-2014 at 02:01 PM. Reason: added c6 stuff.

Get notified of new replies

To Who has camber kit for C7?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Who has camber kit for C7?