C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Heeeeelp 2nd-3rd

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2014, 10:46 PM
mshabetay
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Heeeeelp 2nd-3rd

Hi everyone, my name is Mayer from Panama, Central America. Eventhough this is my first thread, I have been reading the forum for some months now, and it feels like I already know some of you, specially Theta!

Ok, so I have my Z51 M7 with ECS, 1 7/8 ARH no cats and Magna Flow mufflers. When I am racing, shifting from second gear to third gear (redline), the car just goes stops accelerating and falls on its face as it was going into Neutral. Then I have to put another gear for it to keep going.
It's worth mentioning that it happens in every mode and TC off as well.

Does anyone know what should I look for to fix this? Has it happened to anyone else? I am very worried about it.

Would really appreciate any input!

Thanks
Old 07-23-2014, 11:10 PM
runutzzzzz
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 56 Likes on 30 Posts

I have no knowledge about this and curious to know what the solution is but my guess would be it has something to do with the tuning. Who did the install and tune? Maybe give ECS a call.
Old 07-23-2014, 11:16 PM
mshabetay
6th Gear

Originally Posted by runutzzzzz
I have no knowledge about this and curious to know what the solution is but my guess would be it has something to do with the tuning. Who did the install and tune? Maybe give ECS a call.
Thanks runutzzzzz! The tunning was done in a Race Shop here in Panama in coordination with ECS. I hope I can find out what it is, and I will surely keep everyone updated. The shifting to 3rd, feels as if I was downshifting to first, just that it revs up but no go.
Old 07-23-2014, 11:37 PM
Higgs Boson
Race Director

Received 2,379 Likes on 1,238 Posts

here's my bet, they edited some parameters in the rev limiter section, like possibly the neutral/clutch in rev limiter was lowered when it should stay stock. you used to be able to lower it and use it like a two step but it interferes just like you describe with other functions built in.
Old 07-23-2014, 11:41 PM
mshabetay
6th Gear

Originally Posted by Higgs Boson
here's my bet, they edited some parameters in the rev limiter section, like possibly the neutral/clutch in rev limiter was lowered when it should stay stock. you used to be able to lower it and use it like a two step but it interferes just like you describe with other functions built in.
Thanks Higgs, so you think it is definitely tune?
Old 07-24-2014, 07:48 AM
Higgs Boson
Race Director

Originally Posted by mshabetay
Thanks Higgs, so you think it is definitely tune?
I think it is the first thing I would check based on your description and the fact that I didn't build your car and I can't see it or hear it....

Plus you can check the tune in the air conditioning with clean hands.
Old 07-24-2014, 02:28 PM
DOUG @ ECS
Premium Supporting Vendor

Location: Providing the most proven supercharger kits for your C5/6/7 609-752-0321
Received 1,084 Likes on 656 Posts

The tune does not know what gear the vehicle is in if it is a manual. Something does not sound right there.

We also send a base file for the tuner to get started with, so I would contact your tuner/installer, but again, the tune does not change per gear.
Old 07-24-2014, 02:56 PM
Higgs Boson
Race Director

Originally Posted by DOUG @ ECS
The tune does not know what gear the vehicle is in if it is a manual. Something does not sound right there.

We also send a base file for the tuner to get started with, so I would contact your tuner/installer, but again, the tune does not change per gear.
No, it doesn't care about gear, but this is exactly what I experienced when I tried to No Lift Shift with the neutral rev limiter lowered. I put it back to stock and the issue was gone. It's not a diagnosis, just a suggestion.
Old 07-24-2014, 03:14 PM
DOUG @ ECS
Premium Supporting Vendor

Location: Providing the most proven supercharger kits for your C5/6/7 609-752-0321
Received 1,084 Likes on 656 Posts

No, it doesn't care about gear, but this is exactly what I experienced when I tried to No Lift Shift with the neutral rev limiter lowered. I put it back to stock and the issue was gone. It's not a diagnosis, just a suggestion.
Old 07-24-2014, 04:15 PM
mshabetay
6th Gear

Did it happened to you in the same way, 2-3rd?
Old 07-24-2014, 05:01 PM
Higgs Boson
Race Director

any shift would do it. let us know what you find.

Get notified of new replies

To Heeeeelp 2nd-3rd

Quick Reply: Heeeeelp 2nd-3rd