C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Superchargers for C7 Z51

Old 07-18-2014, 12:45 AM
shftn7
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by n8dogg
I can only speak from experience with the procharger kit and ARH. Loss of 2psi in boost due to the headers. Procharger recommended a smaller pulley to raise the boost to the 7psi the kit is advertised to do. The car dyno'd at 540 HP and 600 ft/lbs to the wheels.
Not sure what happened there but I have ARH, w/ ECS and meth. 605/600 through an auto.
Old 07-18-2014, 01:08 AM
0Randy@DRM
Former Vendor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Our shop in Minnesota can install any kit you want www.dougrippie.com

About 40 miles from you

Give Doug Rippie a call 763-658-6109 to talk about your goals

Randy
Old 07-18-2014, 03:15 PM
0ProChargerTech
Former Vendor

Received 68 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by shftn7
Not sure what happened there but I have ARH, w/ ECS and meth. 605/600 through an auto.
You have a Meth kit, and he does not. 540rwhp is pretty average for an Auto car, with mild boost, and a safe tune to run 91 anywere in the country. Adding meth = instant over 600rwhp.
Old 07-18-2014, 03:19 PM
spaceaholic
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 75 Likes on 29 Posts

Will a manual yield better or worse results?
Old 07-19-2014, 11:18 AM
C7/Z06 Man
Safety Car

Received 449 Likes on 354 Posts

Originally Posted by ProChargerTech
You have a Meth kit, and he does not. 540rwhp is pretty average for an Auto car, with mild boost, and a safe tune to run 91 anywere in the country. Adding meth = instant over 600rwhp.
Questions that I would like to know before I purchased:

1) How much WOT timing does the supplied tune @ 7 psi run to be safe on 91 octane?

2) How much timing/boost on a "safe" tune do you run with a meth kit to get that 600+ HP?

3) What meth kit would "you" use/recommend for your own car?
Old 07-19-2014, 12:46 PM
Cordes Performance Racing
Supporting Vendor

Received 1,227 Likes on 774 Posts

The procharger kit poses an issue when adding meth, the inlet pipe to the throttle body rely's on a very long coupler to make the connection and the maf is placed almost at the end of that pipe. The pipe will need to be extended or maf relocated further down the pipe to properly put a meth nozzle in so it won't spray and hit the maf, and allow enough pipe to get the iat sensor in too. Procharger really should redo this as a lot of C7 cars are doing boost and it will cause a meth install to get more expensive because of this needed work that has to be done to properly install it.
www.facebook.com/cordesperformanceracing.com
joe@cordesperformanceracing.com
480-359-5914

Old 07-23-2014, 11:20 AM
Monaco335
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Have people been using blown c7's on the track yet? How is reliability for track use and how does it hold up to the heat?

The only reason why I'm hesitant to drop a supercharger in mine is because of reliability on the track. Torturing the car from 40-100 acceleration over and over, heat, and driving car to the limits makes me really hesitant. Also z06 uses forged internals while ours are cast (from what I'm reading), so I'm curious how reliable aftermarket kits are on our cars.
Old 07-27-2014, 11:57 AM
TPSMak
Supporting Vendor

Received 270 Likes on 204 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11

If your looking for a supercharger I can get you one at at great price. We carry A&A, Edelbrock, ECS, Magnuson, and Procharger. We also offer 0% financing for up to 1 year and accept all GE Car Care One cards including ones from Pep Boys, AAMCO, Discount Tire, America's Tire, NAPA, etc..
Santa Clara, CA 95050
Phone #: 408/898-4632
Email #: MikeM@TPSMotorsports.com
Authorized dealer of Corbeau Seats, ECS Superchargers, Edelbrock SuperChargers, A&A Superchargers, Kooks, Whipple, Magnalow, Corsa, Borla. LG Motorsports, Procharger, Billy Boat Exhaust, AWE Exhaust, American Racing, TPS Brake Rotors/ Kits, Stainless Steel Brake Lines & much more...

Old 09-14-2014, 11:29 PM
Davem1
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the info.
So if I install a Procharger myself and add a meth. kit, does this mean I can use your 93 octane tune (correct me if that verbiage is incorrect) and get over 600 RWHP?
In other words, if I do my own install, can the tuner included in the kit accommodate the fact that I have added meth so I can get max. HP? (Or do I now need a custom tune?)
Thanks- your posts have been very helpful.
Old 09-15-2014, 05:48 PM
Gadfly
Pro

Received 36 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by rixvette
I am considering a supercharger for my C7 Z51. I use the car for street use only.

I can have it installed in MN or FL.

I have the following questions.
Best superchargers for my car and driving needs.
Warranty issues?
Installers.
Prices and extras that I should consider.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, Rick

- Best superchargers for your car and driving needs?

This is really pretty debatable, Procharger, A&A, ECS, all are pretty comparable IMHO.

- Warranty issues?

If you install a supercharger, your power-train warranty is void.

- Installers and price are also a matter of personal opinion and vary from vendor to vendor, call a few and find the right price.
Old 09-15-2014, 06:17 PM
DOUG @ ECS
Premium Supporting Vendor

Location: Providing the most proven supercharger kits for your C5/6/7 609-752-0321
Received 1,081 Likes on 655 Posts

Originally Posted by Gadfly
- Best superchargers for your car and driving needs?

This is really pretty debatable, Procharger, A&A, ECS, all are pretty comparable IMHO.

- Warranty issues?

If you install a supercharger, your power-train warranty is void.

- Installers and price are also a matter of personal opinion and vary from vendor to vendor, call a few and find the right price.

Really break down each kit and I think you will find they are not really "all comparable" IMHO. All good kits btw, but some offer more then others in both power and product.
Old 09-16-2014, 08:12 AM
OBSSSD
Drifting

Received 42 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by n8dogg
I've installed a procharger on a new C7 Z51 Auto. I thought it was a very simple install, should take 10 hours or so.

Which ever kit you go with, I'd recommend NOT going with long tube headers. You will get an increase noise/vibration from DI and AFM and a loss in boost/hp unless you opt for a smaller pulley.
Headers don't lose hp they just make the same or more power with less boost, but if I was doing headers I would just order my kit with the next smallest pulley down to bring boost back up and make even more power.
Old 09-16-2014, 01:18 PM
ncrowe
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

DO you have to make any other adjustments when adding meth? Different tune, etc?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Superchargers for C7 Z51