C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

6-22-14 and 6-29-14 C7 NCCC Autox. (AND FORESTER XT!)

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2014, 06:20 PM
Baron7700
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 6-22-14 and 6-29-14 C7 NCCC Autox. (AND FORESTER XT!)

Ran 3 weeks of autox in a row for points. Nothing scheduled in the NCCC eastern region for a few weeks which is good because I haven't had time to do it anyway. On the local course I ended up taking my DD forester xt out on the course as well (its worked).

6-22-14 was at the manheim auto auctions in Lancaster. HUGE Course! lots of fun. Very fast. The afternoon section they slowed it down by throwing another U turn in there.

6-29-14 was at my local club run autox. Its a small course and very technical, but still manages to have two long straights that catches be between 1st and 2nd gear. While I usually come in 1st or 2nd overall for the day at the NCCC events, I came in 3rd at my local course that I have hundreds of laps on Thats what happens when 3 previous regional autox point championship winners show up with a c5z on slicks, a c6z on slicks, and a c7 vert on slicks that was automatic, which turned out to be a BIG advantage being able to do a 2-1 downshift (enabling him to get into second on the straights)

Morning:

Afternoon:

6-29-14

My top two runs were nearly identical time wise, so here is one. Everytime I watch it I get upset with all the mistakes I made.

BONUS! FORESTER RUN! (2007 vf43 sti turbo, 07 sti tmic, 04 sti suspension, catless up/downpipe, full exhaust, spt intake, rubber silicone inlet, manual boost controller, ~19psi tune, crappy 60 series sidewall all season tires.)

Old 07-10-2014, 07:44 PM
Theta
Tech Contributor

Received 219 Likes on 110 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14-'15

Okay, I clicked on this to laugh at the Forester run, but that's got some decent pep!
Old 07-24-2014, 12:40 AM
Baron7700
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Theta
Okay, I clicked on this to laugh at the Forester run, but that's got some decent pep!
Its no slouch. I could get more technical but its basically this:

Fully catless, 2007 Sti Turbo intercooler, full intake / inlet, couple of things ported and deleted etc, and tuned. Its also on a full sti suspension. Its a bucket of laughs and I can really troll some people. Im going to put a converter in it so I can boost launch and this thing will be in the upper 12's all day! Hah!

If it wasnt automatic I would be able to get out of first gear. I tried once shifting it to 2nd on the straights and then back into first and it hated it. So I just let it in first and let off on the straights. Also has 60 series super cheap mastercraft all season tires on it. Im real familiar with the course so running a good line on it helped!

But yes, when you push it its just makes me giggle

Get notified of new replies

To 6-22-14 and 6-29-14 C7 NCCC Autox. (AND FORESTER XT!)

Quick Reply: 6-22-14 and 6-29-14 C7 NCCC Autox. (AND FORESTER XT!)