C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Second Motor-Still Issues. Need Advice

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2014, 02:05 PM
runutzzzzz
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 56 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by WKMCD
Touch NOTHING!

Contact my friend RUNUTZZZZZ here and ask him how he got GM to buy his C7 back after a series of problems.
Lemon Law the car and get a new one. I went through it a month ago and I can let you know how they handled it.

You don't need a lawyer for a LL case.

PM me if you have any questions.
Old 07-15-2014, 03:14 PM
0East Tx Muscle Cars
Former Vendor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

228d Code is fuel pressure related. this can be from a ground.

It sounds to me like you have a small issue but its making a big problem for you is what sucks. I have seen this countless times a ground left off and it will make a car run like crap and throw all kinds of codes. Seeing as it is a new motor i would put my money on just a ground/electrical issue. Any local dealership with a tech with 1/2 a brain should be able to fine your issue fairly quick actually. don't get to stressed out because i bet you have nothing major wrong and they just forgot to tighten up a ground or just not put it on. Corvettes have been this way for a LONG time now. Ground are so important to a vette and can make a electrical mess if you don't have them all perfect.
Old 07-15-2014, 03:50 PM
meadowz06
Race Director

Received 960 Likes on 572 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09 and '13

Raise enough HELL and GM WILL buy the car back!
Old 07-19-2014, 11:37 PM
runutzzzzz
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Any update?
Old 07-20-2014, 09:36 AM
Vette960
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

Texas Muscle Cars is giving you sound advice. Just went through a similar situation
with my C7. Multiple codes, erratic gauges and finally reduced engine power.
I thought it might be related to the long stop and go traffic and hot ambient temps,
so left it at local dealership overnight. As stated, multiple codes which ultimately
traced to a communication module 700?, loose connector and ground. Point being,
let a technician sort out your problem and try to relax. If you don't have the proper
instruments and tech training, it will be an electronic nightmare! You've got a great
car... forget the lemon law crap and look forward to enjoying the best handling Vette
ever produced.
Old 07-20-2014, 05:12 PM
erikszr1
Melting Slicks

Received 56 Likes on 44 Posts

Old 07-21-2014, 08:56 AM
gootz
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Vette960
Texas Muscle Cars is giving you sound advice. Just went through a similar situation
with my C7. Multiple codes, erratic gauges and finally reduced engine power.
I thought it might be related to the long stop and go traffic and hot ambient temps,
so left it at local dealership overnight. As stated, multiple codes which ultimately
traced to a communication module 700?, loose connector and ground. Point being,
let a technician sort out your problem and try to relax. If you don't have the proper
instruments and tech training, it will be an electronic nightmare! You've got a great
car... forget the lemon law crap and look forward to enjoying the best handling Vette
ever produced.

This is where I am at now. The one issue I am having with GM is they aren't helpign me find a dealer that eill service the car immediately. Do you believe the best they could get me from a local dealer was an August 25th appointment?- unreal.

Again, kerbeck is willing to take the car, but I will have to drive it and pick it back up (2.5-3 hours each way).

I'm giving GM one last chance to find me something closer. I really can't take a day off from work to drive the car down, but I'm so fed up at this point (and want my car back to normal) that I'm close to giving in and doing it.
Old 07-21-2014, 10:30 AM
dwward
Jukebox Graduate
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by gootz
This is where I am at now. The one issue I am having with GM is they aren't helpign me find a dealer that eill service the car immediately. Do you believe the best they could get me from a local dealer was an August 25th appointment?- unreal....
It's not only unreal, it's offensive. GM is taking advantage of your good nature.

I also think the actual problem is probably a simple fix. A tech missed a ground wire on the new engine install.

But OP is now counting the time his car has been out of service in months, not days or weeks.

This is why lemon laws exist. Begin the Lemon Law process by putting GM on notice and see if that doesn't open up an earlier date and get a quick fix. You don't have to follow through if they fix your car this week, as they should.

Kerbeck could put a tech in a truck and drive to you to run down grounds. You might suggest this to them and see if they bite.
Old 07-21-2014, 10:36 AM
runutzzzzz
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by gootz
This is where I am at now. The one issue I am having with GM is they aren't helpign me find a dealer that eill service the car immediately. Do you believe the best they could get me from a local dealer was an August 25th appointment?- unreal.

Again, kerbeck is willing to take the car, but I will have to drive it and pick it back up (2.5-3 hours each way).

I'm giving GM one last chance to find me something closer. I really can't take a day off from work to drive the car down, but I'm so fed up at this point (and want my car back to normal) that I'm close to giving in and doing it.
Call up GM :

Warranty, Repair & Lemon Law Help
PrintAA
Let Us Help You

At GM, we pride ourselves on ensuring an exceptional ownership experience. From purchasing your new Chevrolet, Buick, Cadillac or GMC vehicle to your vehicle’s service, we are here to support you.

If you are not enjoying an exceptional experience - anything from ongoing warranty concerns to having difficulty getting your vehicle repaired, contact GM and let us help. We understand that customers may turn in many directions for assistance, including the local Better Business Bureau, State Attorney Generals, and Lemon Law firms. Make GM your first choice when you need help with your GM vehicle - give us the opportunity to earn your trust and maintain your confidence.
Contact Us Via Email

gmprioritycare@gm.com
Contact Us Via Phone

1-866-636-2273
Monday to Saturday
8 a.m. to 9 p.m. EST

Let the two words "Lemon Law" roll off your tongue and see if they react.

What you do is go drop your car off at that dealer with the Appt. on the 25th and just let it sit. Call up GM and tell them it's been out of service for too long and it's just sitting there and you are pursuing a Lemon Law case on your car unless they act NOW

Do you have a loan on the car? If so GM WILL reimburse you for the time you didn't have your car by making one or two of your payments.
Old 07-24-2014, 03:23 AM
mark1107
Melting Slicks

Received 39 Likes on 28 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14-'15

Originally Posted by Unreal
Look into lemon laws and start thinking of that. It will have to go back to fix the electrical/etc issues.
Old 07-24-2014, 07:12 AM
WKMCD
Race Director

Received 73 Likes on 48 Posts

Please stop making yourself crazy over this car. Lemon Law it and move on. It will cost you a couple grand in the long run to replace the car but there's a veyr good chance you'll end up with a car you can drive.

Good Luck!
Old 07-24-2014, 09:24 AM
faninc
Drifting

Received 637 Likes on 364 Posts

Document all the trips and days at the dealer. Make sure to get receipts with what work was done at each visit! Do not leave without getting them in hand!

If unresolved to your expectations, go the lemon law route...best of luck

Quick Reply: Second Motor-Still Issues. Need Advice