C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LMR C7 Pulls Off a 175.5-mph Half-Mile

Old 06-02-2014, 03:01 PM
Detroit Steel
CorvetteForum Editor

Received 58 Likes on 42 Posts
Default LMR C7 Pulls Off a 175.5-mph Half-Mile

It’s now becoming crystal clear that the guys over at Late Model Racecraft are pulling off some impressive performance upgrades for Corvettes.

One of their most recent showings includes what's believed to be the fastest quarter- and half-mile speeds to date for a C7 at 148 mph and 175.5 mph, respectively ... on boost only.

The feat was accomplished on street tires at the Texas Half Mile, which you get a sense of from the lack of traction. The team says they also had some problems shifting it at higher rpms, which made for some very long shifts.

See the video on the Corvette Forum blog.
Old 06-02-2014, 09:04 PM
turbo8765
Racer

Received 50 Likes on 35 Posts

What kind of shifting problems?

How much power does this car make?
Old 06-03-2014, 09:19 AM
Late Model Racecraft
Supporting Vendor

Received 629 Likes on 327 Posts

Originally Posted by turbo8765
What kind of shifting problems?

How much power does this car make?

Shifting problems from trying to shift above 6800rpm at 1000+rwhp and the clutch pedal going to the floor.
Old 06-03-2014, 10:09 AM
turbo8765
Racer

Received 50 Likes on 35 Posts

WoW
Old 06-03-2014, 08:32 PM
~Stingray
Le Mans Master

Received 398 Likes on 264 Posts
St. Jude Donor '17, '19

What did you upgrade?
Old 06-03-2014, 09:42 PM
Late Model Racecraft
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by ~Stingray
What did you upgrade?
This car has the factory Transmission and Rear end in the car.
Current C7 World Record Holder 7.55 @ 184 MPH

Quickest and Fastest GEN5 LT Powered Vehicle
LMR1200HP Supercharged C7 8.84 @ 160
LMR1200HP Twin Turbo C7 9.35@155mph-2014
2 TIME OUTLAW DRAG RADIAL LSX CHAMPION 2008/2010
9.47 ZR1 Corvette-2009
LATE MODEL RACECRAFT
713-466-9900
LateModelRacecraft.com

Too many PMs, please call or email instead, thanks!
Old 06-08-2014, 10:02 AM
Late Model Racecraft
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by ~Stingray
What did you upgrade?
It is a LMR 416ci engine with YSI supercharger making over 1000rwhp on boost only. Also has nitrous to push it close to the 1300rwhp marker when used.

There is another 1/2 mile event coming up in a little over a month. We are going to see if we can have our twin turbo system installed for the event to see just how fast a C7 Corvette can go with 1300 plus RWHP!!
Old 06-08-2014, 04:18 PM
SS 1LE
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Transmission speed ratios do with any amendment?
its very badddddd
thanks
Old 06-09-2014, 01:06 AM
irun4cops
Melting Slicks

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

what DI injectors are you using? something in house or obtained where?
Old 06-09-2014, 01:39 AM
Theta
Tech Contributor

Received 218 Likes on 110 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14-'15

Fairly sure the injectors are still stock unless they changed it recently - they're obviously using a larger fuel lobe on the cam and most likely a different fuel pump (or BAP).
Old 06-09-2014, 05:07 PM
irun4cops
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Theta
Fairly sure the injectors are still stock unless they changed it recently - they're obviously using a larger fuel lobe on the cam and most likely a different fuel pump (or BAP).
bap isn't an option as the pump is at the engine and ran mechanically off the motor.

Im pretty familiar with these cars, we don't need guessers cluttering up threads.
Old 06-09-2014, 05:11 PM
irun4cops
Melting Slicks

through the grapevine, i thought i recalled someone stating the cars ran out of fuel around 650 or 700hp. Not sure how accurate that is however.

If the fuel system is still stock, then awesome.

But if they upgraded it, then the only 3 options that i know of are a larger volume sending pump from the tank...

a higher pressure or higher volume DI pump at the motor...

Or larger holed, or more quantity of hole, DI injectors.

If I'm mistaken, please correct me LMR.
Old 06-09-2014, 05:13 PM
irun4cops
Melting Slicks

Last i had heard,

extending the fuel injection duration, via a longer lobe, had negative consequences of cylinder wall scorching as a possibility, as well as a few other factors that seemed to amount to... increasing the injection duration times werent the simple fix.

However, this could also be wrong, because if the cars do cap at 700hp... then these guys obviously did something to remedy it.
Old 06-09-2014, 05:45 PM
NastyChevelle
5th Gear

Originally Posted by irun4cops
bap isn't an option as the pump is at the engine and ran mechanically off the motor. Im pretty familiar with these cars, we don't need guessers cluttering up threads.
Actually, for your information, a BAP is an option. They still have a pump in the tank and until you've actually worked on a c7 (notice I didn't say own one, but worked on one) you can get down off your almighty high horse of assumed knowledge. People are on here to learn, not to hear someone talk down to someone because they think they know more than them. Theta actually works on his car, not just talk about it.

Maybe Try to be less of a dick in your post next time.
Old 06-09-2014, 06:44 PM
Higgs Boson
Race Director

Received 2,379 Likes on 1,238 Posts

irun4cops, you sure have a lot of questions and uncertain statements for someone who is "familiar with these cars."
Old 06-09-2014, 08:27 PM
irun4cops
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by NastyChevelle
Actually, for your information, a BAP is an option. They still have a pump in the tank and until you've actually worked on a c7 (notice I didn't say own one, but worked on one) you can get down off your almighty high horse of assumed knowledge. People are on here to learn, not to hear someone talk down to someone because they think they know more than them. Theta actually works on his car, not just talk about it.

Maybe Try to be less of a dick in your post next time.
the way you are describing the boostapump... is an additional inline pump to the in tank pump... which I'm aware is there. My above posts states that it is 1 of 3 possible bottlenecks in the fuel system when one goes to upgrade it...

1. the amount of FLOW the in tank pump provides the the DI pump up at the motor (if the in tank pump doesnt flow enough fuel, then the DI high pressure pump at the motor can be starved of fuel)

2. The DI high pressure pump itself, can be upgraded to provide more pressure and/or flow.

3. The injectors... the size of the holes or the quantity of holes, allowing for more flow.

those are the only way to upgrade this fuel system.

BAP the way you are describing it pertains to the in tank pump, and adding to its flow.

Sure its a viable option, but in the past, with the 3 high hp cars i have had, i shy'd away from boostapumps as i was having cavitation issues with them.

perhaps those experiences I've had have me a little unwilling to entertain boostapumps as a good solution.

In addition, if the injectors or the DI high pressure pump at the motor ARE the bottlenecks to the system, then a boostapump up stream of them back by the tank, isn't going to change the amount of fuel pushed into the chamber... only IF the in tank pump is the weakest link, would a boost a pump be of any use whatsoever. If thats the case, then a boostapump is an option, but i will be upgrading the in tank pump... in my car to a larger one.

However, most people, when the refer to boostapumps on this c7 setup, are speaking out of ignorance, as they believe a boost a pump can be mounted between the high pressure pump at the motor, and the injectors to BOOST fuel pressure at the injector where it matters.

This is incorrect, one cant be mounted here, and thats what i was referring to.

The term boostapump, on the C7, if utilized, is more specifically an upgrade of FLOW pump... so that the DI high pressure pump at the motor doesnt starve... IF it is.

Hopefully by now its dawned on you... i work on these cars.

Sorry to sound rude if i did... i just came to a specific thread to ask a question to a specific person... who does build the cars.

i could guess all day long and try to sound intelligent also...

but rather than do that.. i asked a question.

When others started talking just to talk... i demonstrated i can do the same thing. But at the end of the day LMR has the answer and none of you do.. am i correct?

So lets wait for them.

Last edited by irun4cops; 06-09-2014 at 08:39 PM.
Old 06-09-2014, 08:46 PM
NastyChevelle
5th Gear

the way you are describing the boostapump... is an additional inline pump to the in tank pump... which I'm aware is there. My above posts states that it is 1 of 3 possible bottlenecks in the fuel system when one goes to upgrade it... 1. the amount of FLOW the in tank pump provides the the DI pump up at the motor (if the in tank pump doesnt flow enough fuel, then the DI high pressure pump at the motor can be starved of fuel) 2. The DI high pressure pump itself, can be upgraded to provide more pressure and/or flow. 3. The injectors... the size of the holes or the quantity of holes, allowing for more flow. those are the only way to upgrade this fuel system. BAP the way you are describing it pertains to the in tank pump, and adding to its flow. Sure its a viable option, but in the past, with the 3 high hp cars i have had, i shy'd away from boostapumps as i was having cavitation issues with them. perhaps those experiences I've had have me a little unwilling to entertain boostapumps as a good solution. In addition, if the injectors or the DI high pressure pump at the motor ARE the bottlenecks to the system, then a boostapump up stream of them back by the tank, isn't going to change the amount of fuel pushed into the chamber... only IF the in tank pump is the weakest link, would a boost a pump be of any use whatsoever. If thats the case, then a boostapump is an option, but i will be upgrading the in tank pump... in my car to a larger one. However, most people, when the refer to boostapumps on this c7 setup, are speaking out of ignorance, as they believe a boost a pump can be mounted between the high pressure pump at the motor, and the injectors to BOOST fuel pressure at the injector where it matters. This is incorrect, one cant be mounted here, and thats what i was referring to. The term boostapump, on the C7, if utilized, is more specifically an upgrade of FLOW pump... so that the DI high pressure pump at the motor doesnt starve... IF it is. Hopefully by now its dawned on you... i work on these cars. Sorry to sound rude if i did... i just came to a specific thread to ask a question to a specific person... who does build the cars. i could guess all day long and try to sound intelligent also... but rather than do that.. i asked a question. When others started talking just to talk... i demonstrated i can do the same thing. But at the end of the day LMR has the answer and none of you do.. am i correct? So lets wait for them.
You must be an engineer huh? That was a nice story you wrote but in the end it is you who has the wrong idea of a boost-a-pump. I think you need to do some research on a Boost-A-Pump and get back to me. And by working on these cars I don't mean at a dealership washing them. I mean modifying them and finding the weakness of certain areas. Knowing how many high hp c7's are out there, something leads me to believe you aren't one of the ones with one, because you keep preaching some theory you've come up with. Well I have news for you, ditch the theory's and try something in application. You'll learn a whole lot more that way.

Last edited by NastyChevelle; 06-09-2014 at 08:51 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To LMR C7 Pulls Off a 175.5-mph Half-Mile

Old 06-09-2014, 08:52 PM
Theta
Tech Contributor

St. Jude Donor '14-'15

bap isn't an option as the pump is at the engine and ran mechanically off the motor.

Im pretty familiar with these cars, we don't need guessers cluttering up threads.
That was uncalled for, and distasteful. Sorry I'm "cluttering up threads" as a Tech Contributor with direct ties to General Motors. It's not like I speak to these shops on a regular basis, or they all have my cell number...

My sincerest apologies for offending you, whoever you are.

Call Reid @ LMR tomorrow instead of resurrecting old threads. Thanks.
Old 06-09-2014, 08:57 PM
Theta
Tech Contributor

St. Jude Donor '14-'15

Originally Posted by Higgs Boson
irun4cops, you sure have a lot of questions and uncertain statements for someone who is "familiar with these cars."
Glad I'm not the only one who saw that...

For someone who doesn't like people "guessing" about the platform he knows quite well, he does surely have a lot of... well, guesses.

Oh well, sorry Reid. It takes all kinds...
Old 06-09-2014, 09:01 PM
irun4cops
Melting Slicks

sorry theta, sincerely.

Most people on these threads don't have a clue.

As for chevelle up there, i do own and build the cars. But i have a feeling no matter how much talking i do, you don't want to hear it.

So have a great night.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: LMR C7 Pulls Off a 175.5-mph Half-Mile