C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Additional 50-60 HP?

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2014, 05:20 AM
Vettefan666
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Fore58
An additional 50-60rwhp, you will be in the ballpark of a cam. Bolt-ons numbers still wont get you near a Z06.
I have or had both cars, and yes, bolt-ons (tune, headers, CAI, ported parts) should get you to C6Z06 HP powers. Just a tune and air filter got me 440 (c7) on a dyno i've used for years. And with more torque already than my stock Z. (that car put down 458 stock, same dyno).
All those mods should get me to that 458 level but with way more torque.
Plus the short Z51 gearing should make for a quicker car.
Old 05-20-2014, 12:17 PM
PRE-Z06
Race Director

Received 2,061 Likes on 1,313 Posts

Originally Posted by Vettefan666
I have or had both cars, and yes, bolt-ons (tune, headers, CAI, ported parts) should get you to C6Z06 HP powers. Just a tune and air filter got me 440 (c7) on a dyno i've used for years. And with more torque already than my stock Z. (that car put down 458 stock, same dyno).
All those mods should get me to that 458 level but with way more torque.
Plus the short Z51 gearing should make for a quicker car.
I hear ya on it making more torque and having shorter gearing, but until a manual C7 with bolt-ons runs a 10sec 1/4 or traps 125+mph I'll have a hard time believing it's actually quicker in similar conditions. The C6Z still has better average power and power to weight ratio which is what wins a race, not a peak dyno number. Though I imagine it could be close enough of a drivers race on the street that a good driver in a bolt-on C7 would beat a bad driver in a stock C6Z, especially if the latter was a heavier griver, had a full tank of gas and a passenger.
Old 05-22-2014, 08:24 AM
leadville1
Burning Brakes

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

I would argue that exit speed on the corners will clearly be in the C7's camp over a C6 Z06, and the ability to put down the torque earlier. Exit speed is perhaps one of the most important things on a road course. I am doing stage one bolt on's CAI, Headers, Tune and will be running with Z06's so it will be interesting to see how it stacks up. The E dif is really good at putting down the power.
Old 05-29-2014, 10:30 AM
C7BB
Burning Brakes

Received 73 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by Fore58
I don't know what you mean with your reply, sir. I hope this is a debate not an argument. If you are just talking about dyno numbers....then the numbers could be close. But when you put these two cars on the ground with the C7 bolt on.....not going to happen against the C6 Z06. The C6Z06 is considerably faster than the C7....hands down. 125 mph trap speed through the 1/4 mile for the Z06 and about 200 mph top speed. By the way, nice numbers. I know of a friend with similar bolt ons which resulted to 442/450 automatic.
Omg!!! Finally!!! Someone gets it I've been arguing this point since I joined this forum. I owned a C6 Z-06 and a C7 wouldn't hold it a candle any way shape or form as far as putting the power to the ground and all out acceleration.

Quick Reply: Additional 50-60 HP?