C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WeaponX C7 Carbon Fiber Splitter and Aero Kit *PICS!!!*

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2014, 11:59 PM
Ben@WeaponX
Safety Car

Received 481 Likes on 317 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14

Default WeaponX C7 Carbon Fiber Splitter and Aero Kit *PICS!!!*

I took the afternoon to do some around town shots of our "weapon7" aero kit for you guys! We're in business and you can find all of these parts on our website. Lead time is running 15-20 business days right now in the carbon dept. The parts are hand laid true CARBON FIBER and made in the USA! You get American quality and we ship anywhere. We also offer these parts in fiberglass if you're looking to save a little and plan to paint.

Hood - I've always liked a slightly more aggressive hood profile. The C7 hood looks great, but I wanted more muscle up the center. Our hood is raised 1" at the vents and carriers rearward and more broad as well. You have your choice to reuse the factory vents or opt for a wire mesh insert that I have, but haven't swapped in for pics yet. The OEM radiator outlet duct bolts to the bottom like stock as well. Aside from the extractor vent, there is also a cowl induction vent at the back of the larger hood that you can opt to have open with mesh for additional cooling. Mine is open and you can see the heat pour out of the back of it. The extractor vent only pulls the heat from the radiator, while the heat from the engine bay rises and stays inside there when at a standstill. It's a 2pc hood, so you can either opt for both sides carbon or reduce the cost with a carbon outer and fiberglass inner or reverse if painting entire outer, etc.

Splitter - It has a nice lip across the front that tapers up and angles downward between the two fins on the lower front bumper lip so there's no awkward flat step up to try and bridge the gap. This space between the fins also provides some driveway relief! I know a couple of you guys were worried about the winglets on the side. They're in line with the tires and they're very short, so they blend in very well, but really draw some nice attention as well! It uses all OEM mounting bolt holes and if present, you can reattach your air deflectors under them if you wish.

Rocker blades - These run wheel to wheel and don't flare out until past the door line. We did this not only for style but to also keep the road rash off the bulging rear fenders. Again, these use all OEM bolt hole for mounting.

Spoiler - This subtle piece really has been a surprising favorite! It's similar to the Z51 spoiler, yet has a taller center section that is carried off of the lines coming from the hatch and extends up and outward over the rear brake light. It uses the Z51 mounting holes and we can send the template for those without one for mounting.

Diffuser - This was a highly anticipated piece for a lot of us. The C7 looked like it was ready for them from the factory, yet they left the surface flat. Our diffuser is a one piece unit that replaces the factory bumper cover entirely. It also uses the OEM mounting locations and the factory heat shield bolts in.

Enjoy the pics!

Notice the splitter and hood profile

side profile of splitter, rockers, and spoiler

Check out the splitter and hood profile!

Spoiler and diffuser up close!

Old 05-03-2014, 12:31 AM
Theta
Tech Contributor

Received 219 Likes on 110 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14-'15

These pics have me aroused... my interest aroused, that is...
Old 05-03-2014, 03:37 PM
Ben@WeaponX
Safety Car

St. Jude Donor '14

Inside of the dome - real estate for a bigger PD blower? direct port NOS? just to show off a carbon Stingray?

Old 05-03-2014, 03:40 PM
Theta
Tech Contributor

St. Jude Donor '14-'15

Did you actually vent that rear section by the windshield? That's awesome, seriously.
Old 05-03-2014, 03:50 PM
Ben@WeaponX
Safety Car

St. Jude Donor '14

Yea Sean, a lot of heat pours out of there when the pressure area changes. The vent on this first one was smaller than I'm used to. Our CTS V vent runs from side to side. When they make my next one, I'm having it run the length as well.

I wish I'd gotten a pic of it at the track, but every time I'd come through the pits and slow down in cooler weather, the guys said you could see the heat wave rush out over the windshield. You can see the heat waves rising out of it when stopped too in cooler weather. The rad duct and hood extractor only pull the coolant heat out, not the hot air around the motor.
Old 05-03-2014, 03:52 PM
Theta
Tech Contributor

St. Jude Donor '14-'15

Exactly - this should pull out the heat from the headers, etc.

Excellent design!
Old 05-13-2014, 08:31 PM
Ben@WeaponX
Safety Car

St. Jude Donor '14

Originally Posted by Theta
Exactly - this should pull out the heat from the headers, etc.

Excellent design!
Thanks bro
Old 05-13-2014, 09:23 PM
Steve Garrett
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 7,753 Likes on 4,182 Posts
CORVETTE TODAY Host
St. Jude Donor'15

Love the hood and hood liner.
Old 05-13-2014, 10:40 PM
Ben@WeaponX
Safety Car

St. Jude Donor '14

Thanks Steven, that's actually the inside of the hood!
Old 05-21-2014, 09:49 PM
Ben@WeaponX
Safety Car

St. Jude Donor '14

Found this on GM Authority

http://gmauthority.com/blog/2014/05/...e-at-ncm-bash/

Get notified of new replies

To WeaponX C7 Carbon Fiber Splitter and Aero Kit *PICS!!!*

Quick Reply: WeaponX C7 Carbon Fiber Splitter and Aero Kit *PICS!!!*